Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
R
R
Wonder...

Things change every 7. wow.
I kept thinking that we had gotten past the "7 year itch." But things fell apart at around 14/15 married. And 21 together. Who knew?

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Wonder & Donna,

I'm heading out today - first to Toronto to spend time with my honey then to the cottage for app 6 weeks. So much car packing to do.

But when I arrive (tommorrow) I will have time to respond properly. Don't want to dash off a meaningless line or 2.

Paid the first installment of Ashley's tuition yesterday. I had her talk to Chuck about his contribution. His response "I will think about it. I'm not legally obligated you know"> Can you spell "ASS"??????? Some things never change.

More on this and so much more in our next episode. So nice to see my friends here....

Sun Fun Barbie

R
R
It has to be the name....

H
H
Hi Barb,

Your words hit a cord. I am thankful for them. I too, see that while I haven't had the satisfaction of seeing any of the wrongs righted, time does make everything better. I was in a similar situation as yours. We had been M 23yrs. His new W is not younger but very rich. And at times, it does get me down seeing how he travels so much, buying expensive toys, while the kids and I struggle so.

On top of it, he has blamed me for the terrible relationship he has with all 3 of the kids. Oh well. The main point is that your words were very soothing. Sometimes I feel very lonely and getting (and feeling)older by the minute. I just celebrated 1 full yr. since final D. and 4 yrs. since I started this journey. Maybe I will be lucky enough to find a friend to share just some of the things I miss about M, like going out to dinner, watching t.v. together and snuggling. Laughing at silly jokes, etc.

I've noticed that while it doesn't hurt much anymore, it has changed me profoundly. I am more serious now and am struggling to find fun in my life. As well as keeping up my faith in God. I know God is not to blame.

Anyhow it's good to hear another person finding love and moving on in a positive way. Divorce especially "unwanted divorce" forever changed my life and those of my children. I hope others learn not to take divorce lightly especially when kids are involved.

Take care,

hopeful2

Wow well you sound kind of down in the dumps. Are you? I am still seeing a therapist for depression to keep me straight after all this time but I am finally whole. Are you exercising and taking care of yourself? What are you eating? And what small step are you taking to a new life? Wonder

S
OP Offline
S
Hi there!

I have arrived at the cottage and finally got on my pc - had to watch Bachelor first - LOL! I used to watch it long before I got up the nerve to actually date. It gave me hope and some idea of what it was all about. Like many of you - I was married a LONG time. 25 years. wow!

Wonder - I think you're responding to Hopeful2 and your advice is good. We can't really change our lives overnight but just getting through it all is a giant leap. Then we have to take small steps forward and define our goals as we go.

I have to tell you all that I really wanted someone new in my life. I had not really dated much at all in high school since I started dating Chuck (yes, Donna - its the name) at age 15. I wanted to know I could be attractive to someone else. My self esteem had hit rock bottom. So I made a serious effort to go for it. I was VERY choosy, though and was quite clear on who I would or wouldn't go out with. It seems to have worked well for me. I'm a "business" woman.

But yes - it still hurts. It really changes us and our kids forever. And there is nothing we can do about that. But how we handle the rest of our lives is more important. We can't beat up ourselves for what went on - especially since most of it was not in our control.

Interesting thing happened tonight. Chuck's niece contacted me on Facebook and asked to be my friend. One of his other nieces had done this a couple of months back. I have not seen them since we split and they were fairly young. I did add them and tonight I checked their friends out. Interesting - they do not have him or maggot on their friend list. I guess some of those Christmas parties, birthday parties they attended at my house when they were little must have made an impression on them and they're coming back to me. Hmmm...

And I have to say that Josh and I once again had a wonderful time together. It just seems to get better and better. And we get closer and closer. It is comfortable. I will not see him for the next week and a half. He has to stay in Halifax for work this w/e but I just learned that my sis and her 3 kids have accepted my invitation to spend the w/e here. (does anyone remember "Leenie" from the bb?) The kids loved it here so much last time and I know it will be a busy but rewarding w/e all around. I'm so glad they're coming. Then Josh is going to try to take about 10 days off work to spend with me here. YIPPEE!

SFBarb

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Wonder,

I was rereading your first post and I honestly think there are a lot of guys who do the phone thing. They seem to have a fear of the "real thing". Some do come around in time but I don't think I could wait that long. But that's for each person to decide I guess. Lots of guys hate the phone so at least he can carry a conversation.

I got so tired of trying to meet someone at a charity fundraiser or in the produce dept - it just wasn't happening. That is why I registered with several online dating services. And I could write a book... but lucky for me I met Josh after about 3 months - so I had dated a but already (need someone to compare to) and yet not long enough that I became too jaded.

Just some food for thought.

SFBarb

K
K
Oh Sun do I have a ex story for you! or yet another instalment, it never ends, will post in the "alt world" one of them lol
later, gotta get some work done.

I still love that you have a COTTAGE it sounds sooo delightful!
Hope your having fun, and I am rootin for Ed and Reid. smile

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Karen,

Hmmmm.... I replied to your post but it has disappeared into cyberspace....

I have been waiting for your Karma story. Do post it here as well if you can.

I would love to have you visit my cottage. Oh what fun we would have. You could fly to Toronto and I'd pick you up. If you were sedated would you fly????? Do you have a passport? Updated? Need one now to visit Canada.

I'll be checking out that "other" place again in a min.

Barb

B
B
Hey, Barb! So glad to see you back. The Bachelorette stuff made me giggle. YOU are the reason I got hooked on that show...back when DeAnna was one of the girls on The Bachelor. I can remember all the analysis on your threads and I got intrigued. Plus she was a GA girl...watched that series off and on, and then when they brought her back as The Bachelorette, I was hooked!

I was pulling for Jesse on this one, now that he's gone, I am not sure who I like...

So glad you sound so good. Enjoy your time at the cottage; I am jealous.

I have missed seeing you and some of the other oldtimers here. Thanks for giving me a reason to visit.

besos,
BA

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard