Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
N
N
Hey, FLTC,

Wow, your STBX seems to be cut from the same flawed fabric as my xW. Loony to the max, and using the kids to get back at their father.

And some marriages just cannot be saved even when they should.

Hang in there. You're doing good.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
S
S
Hi FLTC,

Been wondering how you're doing. (you know me from before - hint - my name starts with "B"). Anyway...

Your wife has not/will not change anytime soon. The best you can do right now is stay out of the line of fire. This is something it took me a long time to learn. Your anger towards her is quite evident. I had the same problem. But the truth is - it never affected HIM that I was so angry - it affected my own health. You owe it to yourself and your children to focus on you and not on her and what she is up to. You still write about her and smarmy L and who spent what on who and who drives what in every post. That does not help you. Again, I only learned this from doing it myself for a long time.

If your R with Gym woman is going well - then that's a positive in your life. If things are going better with the kids - then great - 3 more positives. Try not to focus on what your wife won't help you with (like the Jeep for your son) - focus on what YOU can do with your kids.

Divorce is ugly. Some are worse than others (yours and mine for sure). But we can escalate things with our own words and actions too. And it is just not worth it.

I think I would arrange with her for the best time to get your things out of the house. End that part of it. No more threats about dumpsters - just get it over with. If you are angry that you still pay the mtg on the house - don't bring it up to her - bring it up to your attorney.

I don't want to see you become bitter. We only get one life. How you choose to live it is up to you. I enjoy mine immensely. The reason is that I dumped out most of the negative crap at the bottome of my coffee cup and refilled it with each of the positives I encountered in my life. My cup runneth over again! Life is good. Hope yours keeps getting better too.

SF (formerly known as Barb)

Hey SFO!!! Formerly known as....

I'm so glad you posted on Donna's thread...enough details that I knew it was you!

Welcome back...you were missed!!!

Hope all is well in B.....land!

S
S
Hiya Summer! Welcome to summer...

Sorry for the hijack, FLTC. Things are going pretty well here. Maybe I'll start a thread to update. Hope all is well with you too.

SF

W
W
Hang in there, FLTC! Just try to let her crap bounce off you. Your life is getting better and that's the blessing to hold on to!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
Back from training. Wanted to drop by and say hi.

Hang in there!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hey wii and Michelle,

My visits here are less and less frequent, and I'm sure why. The addition of Gym Woman has been the real "lightning in a bottle find" I described it as 7 months ago. Its great to be around a non-combative, non-angry win at any cost woman. She continues to be awesome, and less insecure that I'll chnage my mind about her. I'm really cautiously optimisitc about the future.

STBX continues to be very difficult to get along with under any circumstance. She is HORRIBLE to try and talk to. I want this over. Her attorney and mine are meeting to try and come to a deal. She wants 50% of my pay. I'll never stand for that. It's ridiculous.

R
R
Let the lawyers do their work, then - it will be money well spent. Glad to hear that GW is still going strong. Hope that the 3 kiddos are well.

M
M
FLTC, I do believe it will be easier for you once the settlement is reached (at least it was for me). Just don't give up too much just to get it over with (like I did!) Your wife still makes my ex look like a Saint. cool

(((FLTC)))

S
S
FLTC: Sorry to hear your soon-to-be ex is still so angry and difficult. I hate to say it - but some of them never get out of that stage. For me it has been 8 years and he is just as nasty and difficult as ever. And I don't get ANYTHING from him - just grief. I don't get any of his pay or CS or anything - still he is horrible to me. So - getting this part done will be freeing for you.

Life gets better. This you're finding out. Glad to hear that things are going wo well with gym woman - sure changes the focus, right?

Anyway, just here to say "hang in there" - it will soon be over and you can get on with your life.

Barb

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard