Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
T
T
Originally Posted By: Valentine
SO, Aussie man calls me last night to tell me has had this fabulous offer to move to the Philippines for the bank he is working with to do some wonderful thing...and that Australia is fairly close...like 3-4 hours away...

I was bummed by that fact. I mean a great opportunity for him and his career...but I feel like I am ....well, maybe I am just a a relationship leper or something.

I have been feeling down lately and I am not sure why. Post -divorce stuff or something...there are times when I want someone to hold me...physically hold me...like my XH used to do...and not want anything...just hold me and kiss my hair and tell me that they love me.

Is that silly or what? Have no idea why I am feeling like this...I mean, I feel ready for a relationship...a boyfriend if you will...which is why I started DATING.

It seems however that I date these men for a short time and then something happens...is this how things go???? I mean, in the process of dating, do things go south after a month or a month and a half????

I really have no clue...

I feel alone...and I try to be still and listen...but I am not always successful.

I have no idea sometimes what I am doing ...what my purpose is...I feel like I am floundering...

I hope this passes and is just some part of inner enlightenment and stuff...

Hi Vali,

I can so relate to all of the above!

I hope you are feeling better this week. (((HUGS)))

OP Offline
True, feeling infinitely better!

So, I decided to have fun with Aussie man and when he left, he left...it was actually a lot of pressure off, no expectations of anything...and that kinda helped me put things in perspective...

SO, I go to this party this weekend...a family party...but other friends of family were there, etc...and there is this one guy, a bachelor...and my aunt said I should go up and chat him up...and I was like: sure, why not? He seems like a nice person...blah, blah, blah...so I do...and at the end of the conversation, I say, well, it was really nice talking with you and he asked me for my phone number!

ANd here I was...thinking...no more dating...I am just gonna be me and not worry about any of that stuff...I don't wanna 'date' anymore...I need a break...and I meet this fabulous cool guy...he is 10 years older, has a Ph.D. in Engineering...I love brainiac men! And he seems emotionally stable...and he is the same religion as I am and actually attends church! Excellent...so, we'll see...only trouble is, he lives in my hometown which is 80 miles from me...so I guess we'll see...he is good looking and very physically fit...I like that...

So maybe I am not the relationship pariah I thought I was...I'll keep you posted...

Hugs!
Valentine

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

T
T
Hi Vali,
Great that you feel better.
Quote:
SO, I go to this party this weekend...a family party...but other friends of family were there, etc...and there is this one guy, a bachelor...and my aunt said I should go up and chat him up...and I was like: sure, why not? He seems like a nice person...blah, blah, blah...so I do...and at the end of the conversation, I say, well, it was really nice talking with you and he asked me for my phone number!
That sounds super! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will work out this time.

Have a lovely rest of the week and week-end.(((HUGS)))

OP Offline
Hey True!

Yeah, well...not holding my breath on any of this...it is very diverting!

Date with him next weekend...we'll see if there is any chemistry!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Vali

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

T
T
Hi Vali,
This week-end is the week-end!!! - Hopefully, the chemistry will be there - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I had a lovely week-end last week and hopefully, we both will have a lovely time this week-end.

(((HUGS)))

OP Offline
[color:#330099]True, he was a lovely, lovely man! had a wonderful time! He is quite a gentleman!

Very nice chemistry...so we will see what transpires...no rush on either end...

He did invite me to his cabin where he has a telescope...so I can see the Milky Way...look forward to seeing him again...

I'll keep you posted...we are both busy for the next couple of weeks and he does not live in the same town as I do so it is nice that it will move at a slower pace...[we shall see...

Hugs,
Vali/color]

K
K
Hey Val!
Your date sounds nice! I hope things work out exactly how you want them!
and B and I live quite a distance, and I have really liked taking it slow, think its what I needed to get where we are now

Keep us posted!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

T
T
Hi Vali,

I am so happy for you!!! "Very nice chemistry" sounds really good, it is so important, isn't it! - He really seems to be a nice guy, and taking it slowly is also good.

It is funny that you like him to live a bit further away. I just wrote to one guy that I think he lives a bit too far away from me and that it would be too complicated to get to each other because you would have to take a ferry!- However, I think the total distance would only be about 30 miles! - It is amazing how differently we think in some ways.

Take care and good luck. I hope for you that things will work out the way you want them to. (((HUGS)))

OP Offline
Hey Karen and True!

I think the distance is best for me right now because it allows me to put it into perspective...it makes me take things slowly....and I can attend to the important things---and get to process and stuff...

If it turns into something serious then we can discuss, well, serious things...but for now...I think this is best for ME...I am not saying this is good for everyone and still, I would prefer that he live in the same city as I do...but I think I would be moving along at a quicker rate and I like this man...he is not like Spongebob at all...and at first, I found that kind of different and I was not sure that I liked him...thought he was too laid back and too gentle really...and then I thought: WHAT AM I THINKING?????

He is a GOOD MAN, at least as far as I can tell. And everyone that knows him keeps telling me how fabulous and giving and kind and smart, funny, witty he is...I would be a FOOL to let him slip through my fingers without trying to see what else was there...and he is good looking too! He has no children...he has never been married...so no drama there...he is financially stable, he has a good job that he LOVES.

So, we shall see what happens...if nothing, he would be a great friend to have...

I'll keep you posted!

Hugs,
Vali

T
T
Hi Vali,

Great to get you update. Yes, go for a nice and gentle man. You would really be a fool to let him slip through your finger. I wish you all the luck in the world.

I will meet a guy on Wednesday who is looking for somebody who can make him laugh! - I am looking forward to it.

Take care and have a lovely week. (((HUGS)))

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard