Print Thread
Page 24 of 50 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 49 50
A
A
Sh*t out of luck.

P
P
Originally Posted By: pollyanna
Thanks - Sorry SP but i am at final hour and I need guidance. The consequences for H in legal matters, will be financial ruin to point of bankruptcy, stripped of directorships and removed as trustee of a trust. Chances are he will loose his business and consequently livlihood. He is in wrong but is prepared to defend it through the courts. He is cocky, happy and flaunting his girlfriend to one and all.

My option is to seek immediate settlement of matrimonial property and have him agree to no liability for me. This keeps the law out of it. He ends up smiling and haing gotten away with something that most feel is disgusting and very immoral.

Aggggh

Would any children be negatively affected?

Which way benefits YOU the most??

S
OP Offline
S
Finally have access to a computer and internet and a keyboard. Unfortunately I've sort of lost track of the thread.

Polly -- I think because you're Down Under a lot of what's going on in your sitch is outside the envelope for those of us in the northern hemisphere. "Supreme Court injunctions" means something quite different here than I suspect it does Down Under.

As far as the main theme in your post goes, I guess you're at one of those points in time where you have to choose the least-worst outcome. Either H "wins" by getting away with something or you "lose" by going down with the ship with him.

I think your last idea was the right one -- salvage what you can now and move forward. Or you could go all Mad Max on him.... That's always an option. Not always a good option, but an option nonetheless.

S
OP Offline
S
Continued having the nice text exchange with WAW. As I said, she uttered the words "mid-life crisis" for the first time, having rejected that idea as completely ridiculous 3 months ago. Progress? Who knows?

Sent her a text that said I saw what she meant when she emailed me from her trip to Capitol City that there are a lot of reminders of "us" here. Mentioned that I'd gone in and sat down at one of "our" favorite restaurants without even thinking about it until after I'd ordered, it seemed so natural.

She texted back [text-ese translated]: "That was such a good time in our life. Not sure how to get back there."

I replied: "Seems to me the only way is to go one step at a time. We get along today, then get along tomorrow. Then we start getting along for a week, then a month...."

She replied: "Don't know when just getting along got so hard :-("

To which I replied: "I don't either, but that's in the past. Now is now. The future isn't written."

Then, when the Holocaust Museum shooting broke on the news I got an instant text checking to see if I was there (WAW knows I like to hit the museums for power-sight-seeing whenever I can).

So whatever "this" is, whatever "kind" of "relationship" this is, it's pretty tolerable right now.

It'll s*ck in major major ways in about 72 hours, but right now this Thing isn't too bad.

J
J
chit Out of Luck (stick an s in front of the c)

Hope I don't get in trouble...

A
A
You are a master DBer. I hope you're feeling ok...hardest thing is to stay cool as she eeks her way toward you.

You are displaying true love, patience and friendship.

J
J
SP,

This is awesome. I've got goosebumps for you SP. I'm excited and nervous.

Excited because it looks like there is a spark there...a tiny one but a spark.

Nervous, because you just don't know if she will come back or keep walking.

My prayers are with you and your family.

It's never over and always have FAITH.

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
because you just don't know if she will come back or keep walking.

That's exactly right.

And I think you know what my policy is. Accept that I'm already dead.

No news to report. Busy work day. Had dinner with a woman I worked with back in the '90s here in Cap City. Good talk, awesome Italian food.

Meeting tomorrow morning, late-ish breakfast/early-ish lunch with a woman I was at college with who has a very interesting job out here, then a power-sight-seeing trip to pick up some tchotchkes for the youngsters and back to the airport. Haven't had a chance to enjoy this fine hotel room, though I did spend half an hour in the steam room. Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Love me some steam and sauna. Just a world of warmy oozy schvitzy goodness.

A
A
I've heard of oozing schvitz, but only YOU Smiley could come up with oozy schvitzy... My audible chuckle at reading that roused the sleeping WAW -- which isn't necessarily a good thing, as I've noticed that the WAS causes the least amount of psychic damage when laying completely dormant... wink

Last edited by AlexEN; 06/12/09 04:39 AM.

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
P
P
Originally Posted By: AlexEN
I've heard of oozing schvitz, but only YOU Smiley could come up with oozy schvitzy... My audible chuckle at reading that roused the sleeping WAW -- which isn't necessarily a good thing, as I've noticed that the WAS causes the least amount of psychic damage when laying completely dormant... wink

LMAO!!! laugh laugh

Page 24 of 50 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 49 50

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard