Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 45 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45
P
P
Originally Posted By: kat727
Ok, I just have a minute. I would say" Thank you for taking the time to express your concern regarding my job situation. I addressed this with the kids but also told them that I was still looking and that we would be fine. Just in case you were worried about D9 not having a snack today, I have already taken care of it so don't worry. Thanks again for your concern".

I do think he is too big of an idiot to get the sarcasm, but at least you are being polite and pointing out that he forgets stuff too. Oh wait I forgot he thinks he is a God...

kat

This is good -- strikes just the right tone, I think -- but I would add to it "I was going to tell you at the dropoff tomorrow (or whatever)." Considering the legal sitch, I don't think you want it out there that you kept something as significant as this from him, and yet told your kids (and one was upset).

To be honest, Karen, I was a little uncomfortable when I saw your original post that you weren't going to tell him. I do think he has a right to know something that potentially affects his kids. But keep it short and breezy, as Kat suggests here above.

Pup

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Quote:
To be honest, Karen, I was a little uncomfortable when I saw your original post that you weren't going to tell him. I do think he has a right to know something that potentially affects his kids. But keep it short and breezy, as Kat suggests here above.
I very much respect your opinion on stuff Pup, but still feel I did the right thing. H doesn't tell me anything that concerns the kids, and I do try to tell him everything that affects the kids that is his concern. I think it also would be different if I had a full-time job and not one that brings in about $200 a month. I think with economizing we'll be alright.

I did basically plagiarize your email, Kat but tried to put it into my words. So: Thank you for taking the time to express your concern. I talked with the kids and did tell them of my layoff due to budget cuts, but also told them that I was still looking and that we would be fine. I've set up the kids for an appt. Thursday so they can discuss any concerns they have with the therapist. Sorry I didn't add about the glasses & the snack b/c I just think parents make mistakes and we're human and I don't think that ever warrants an email, unless it was truly dangerous or something. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
P
P
Hey, it's OK to disagree, right? If we both agreed on everything, one of us wouldn't have to be here! grin

Puppy

B
B
OMG! You are such a sweet person Karen! You are a better man than I for sure. I cant say that I would have had the same strength to not get in the dig about the glasses and snack. However, I think that you are very right about the whole everyone makes mistakes.

That being said, Im not sure that he will be as kind in his evaluation of you.

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
P
P
Karen's a man???

That's it -- I no longer want to see her bottomless. sick

Puppy

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Quote:
That's it -- I no longer want to see her bottomless. sick
I don't think I believe you! smirk And I think that was a typo... Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
P
P
wink

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok, guess who sent D9 home without her glasses a 2nd time in a row this week? The same guy who has harassed me to no end the once or twice I've done that! So tempting to do a rude or snotty email, but no, I just emailed that D9 thinks she left her glasses there and how bout we meet at the halfway point and pick them up. I'm hoping my modeling maturity will help, but so far nada. But you never know! Hope everyone's having a good weekend! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Still think you should have made some mention about him forgetting them before. Then you do have it documented. No one would claim you were being snotty but then you would let him know that you realized he forgot them and also let that out on your end a bit. Not a bad thing.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, that's a good point. I just emailed him about the glasses (being left there), so I'll save that in my email for future. Hoping I won't have to use that, but you never know... Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
Page 20 of 45 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 44 45

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard