Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 50 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 49 50
T
T
OrangeDog!!

Thanks for that - something clicked when I read it...

I realized that letting go is exactly what I need to do. It is obvious, but I had not seen it because I kept saying "but I am not getting D'd yet. My W is not leaving (yet), so I can't just say 'It's already over'"

What I didn't realize until this mental "click" is that although the M is still alive on life support, that is not what I have to let go of.

I have been holding onto the concept, the belief, in a close, intimate, mutual R that I have always believed existed. But that R died 2 years ago! It's gone! It's already dead!

All that is left is a strained friendship with a woman with whom I happen to share a history, 3 children and a lot of financial responsibilities.

I kept convincing myself that since the M and the friendship still exist that the other part, the romantic R, still exists somewhere as well. I have been holding on to, missing, grasping for, building expectations around the part of the R that is gone! gone! gone!

Let it go!

(Oh, and on a strange note: that "Friend" just called from work and asked me out to dinner tonight... crazy )
----

Thanks OD and SP!

Last edited by Thinker; 06/04/09 06:38 PM.

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
O
O
The only part I've still struggled with is whether I should still wear my wedding band. I feel naked without it. But if I truly want to detach then I should either move it to my other hand or take it off completely. (W lost her's a few years ago but probably wouldn't be wearing it anyway).

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
F
fb2 Offline
F
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
Insofar as the 1099 goes, have you ever had any problem with "commingling" those funds with your personal funds? For example, I have a dedicated home office -- it's just an office. I understand that I can deduct some percentage of it from my taxes (vis-a-vis, mortgage), along with computers and what-not. Is that feasible with the 1099 strategy, which seems easier, or does that require a separate corporate identity (i.e., d/b/a)?
You can co-mingle funds. Keep all receipts for "business expenses" - computer, office supplies, eating out, etc. You can deduct office area as a % the whole house mortgage, utilities, etc. - but it gets a bit hairy if the office is an integral part of the house and if/when you sell the house you may have to depreciate the cost-basis according to what you have deducted - may not be worth it considering these potential complications. No need of the Dilbert ID. As long as you are operating on a small scale you don't need to get too formal. I'm not a tax guy but I did just this over a period of several years when I was "consulting".

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the tips fb2!

Well this dissolution paperwork is slightly more complicated than it first appeared to be. Apparently I have to sort of counter-sue; on her form, for example, WAW asked that the court give up its power to assign spousal support and that I pay attorneys' fees. Chyeah right! As if! Not! Party on Wayne!

So on mine I have to do the reverse. The kicker is what grounds I choose - I'm toying with checking the "I reject" WAW's claim of irreconcileable differences. In its practical sense it has no effect, but I sort of like the symbolic aspect.

So tired; ran 6.5 miles today. Feeling about a quart low on mojo.

A
A
Quote:
Feeling about a quart low on mojo.

Come on. You're the leader of the pack here! People are sending newbies over to check you out. No pressure.

S
OP Offline
S
Well you see this is a very instructive lesson - never take your mojo for granted! It must be replenished at regular intervals, and shares with oil a vital characteristic: it is geographically specific. Each person's mojo is inside them and that's the only place it can be found so keeping that in mind is essential.

And just as essential is this - no one can take your mojo without your permission. Now you may not be conscious of the fact that you're giving them permission, but you are.

So, Grasshoppers - focus on your mojo, so that your DB kung-fu can defeat WAS's walkaway powers.

O
O
Ummm...you do have an attorney, right? What does he/she advise?

Seriously, checking the box just for fun is kinda like joking with the Highway Patrol officer who just pulled you over. It just doesn't work.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4358835060353125392

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
P
P
Originally Posted By: orangedog
Ummm...you do have an attorney, right? What does he/she advise?

Seriously, checking the box just for fun is kinda like joking with the Highway Patrol officer who just pulled you over. It just doesn't work.

Yeah, I was gonna say . . .

S
OP Offline
S
Naturally! Just goofin' - I mean c'mon, if you can't have fun during your divorce, when CAN you have fun?

M
M
SP - FB2's elaboration of the dedicated home office stuff is what I was talking about (pennies for a ton of work/time).

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Page 10 of 50 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 49 50

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard