Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
V
OP Offline
V
So yesterday seemed like a good day with the W and kids...It was my weekend with k's but we went over to W's around noon for Mday. We rode bikes to a little restaurant and had a brunch had a good time on the ride lots of laughing since D had a hard time with the ride (lots of hills).

Got back to her place and I cut the grass for her and then helped her plant a TON of flowers she bought...Not really much to say except it seemed to me to be a good fun day, she really confuses me...

One thing I have noticed in the last week or so she seems to respond better to me telling her I'm going to do something rather than asking if she wants me to do something...

Me:40
W: 39
T: 17 years
M: 15 years
S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."

L
L
"One thing I have noticed in the last week or so she seems to respond better to me telling her I'm going to do something rather than asking if she wants me to do something... "

ALWAYS!!! Take this approach always. We all prefer a man to take charge and be definitive, deliberate, and decisive.

Sounds like you made a nice Mother's Day for her. Great work!

Lucky

V
OP Offline
V
So just wanted to post something...Monday I got the kids and we had a great dinner, fun time while W had to work late. While I was checking work email her computer goes to blue screen, never a good thing. Call W and ask her if she's had trouble with it, yes a little, ok I'll take care of it. Luckily me being in IT I was able to get one of my consultants to do a remote fix, which was still going on when she came home, impressed her.

Usually I just leave when she gets home but told her I would give the K's a bath so she could change, ect...surprised her...

Got kids to bed went down stairs talked w/W for a bit told her I had to go, she kept talking, then said she needed to eat...Told her (jokingly) well I guess I'll go since you seem to be kicking me out...No you can stay...Nah it's late I've got a TON of work to do...actually walked me out which she usually doesn't do.

Last night S had a concert at school with a solo, very good if I do say so myself. Had a good time with the Family...One weird thing as I was putting the k's in her car she walked around the passenger side where I was putting D in and not around the front to just the drivers side, not sure if this is anything but just something I noticed, since she had to wait on me to put D in before she and I could walk around to drivers side for S...

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."

L
L
Volleydog,

I'm not sure about that last bit... Could be anything. Sometimes I stand there waiting to throw a bag in after my H buckles the car seat. I wouldn't read too much into that moment for fear of building false hope.

Have you identified her love language yet? You are BIG on acts of service... Is that her number one?

Lucky

V
OP Offline
V
That last bit was more of "that's weird" since she never does that...no false hope on my part I'm still working under that assumption that the D will happen and I'm just enjoying the time we spend together wo/any expectations.

As for her LL acts of service are one of hers as long as I don't call it "helping her", if that makes sense. I'm not sure on her others.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

L
L
You are doing great, I meant to mention before. Just trying to crack the code.... Perhaps look into the Love Languages book to see if there is anything else you can be tending to.

Lucky

V
OP Offline
V
I keep meaning to look into that book...My problem is I'm not good at "reading into" things, ex. I never really know what a poem or song is about unless someone tells me, THEN I can see it, unless it VERY obvious.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

L
L
\:\) Your humility is sweet, but I have more faith in you than what you describe. I think you're being lazy and hiding behind pretend ignorance. Read the book!

C
C
Quote:
Your humility is sweet, but I have more faith in you than what you describe. I think you're being lazy and hiding behind pretend ignorance. Read the book!

A velvet 2x4, nice.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
V
OP Offline
V
LOL...I could go along with the lazy :). The pretend ignorance not so much, was a Chem/Econ major in college but needed constant tutoring in the art history and English classes I "had" to take.

BUT I will go at lunch today and pick it up, that's a promise.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard