Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
ha ha, just messing around nocode, Gyps send me some cyber boots to kick away the x from reining in my head, I just thought i'd be cool if they were thigh high..'cause i'm just that crazy :P

So, a sad face is in order for my thread :(, today I sure wish I could kick *him*... poor little d6 didnt' want to get in the bus to his dads', teacher called me telling me that, like never, d6 cried and refused to get on the bus, that even the bus driver felt bad... stupid stupid man for having my little d6 cry, selfish lost man that brings sorrow to a little one.... that's the only time when I feel a strong dislike towards him, when my little ones cry... I know she'll get older and get used to this, but this is hard. The teacher is a really nice woman, who told me over the phone that her parents also divorced when she was in first grade/kindergarden, that she was "the kid that cried in the bus" since she didnt' like going back and forth, and that d6 talks to her now and then, I'm glad that d6 has a caring teacher,

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Hola Gato!

Been away so long, popped in to see wasssup and there your are!

You are doing great and seeing those DivCare newbies helped you to see just how far you've come. So are you still helping the Spanish group? The verse to consider is 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 which speaks about God comforting us during affliction that we may be able to comfort others.

The further removed I am from the D, the more clearly how God's protective hand was always present, just as He is going to take care of healing your d6. She will see the confidence and assurance you have that you will be more than fine and she will learn to rest in the arms of her heavenly father, even when her earthly one "acts the fool."

So Zumba girl lives! Way cool!!! You inspire me in that area, especially since you know I love to dance! Keep it up! (but I do wonder if it isn't a bit challenging to do the workout in Thigh high boots? If I take up Zumba, do I also have to wear my thigh high boots?)

Either way, keep it up girl!

Bless you.

p.s. Ill have to get around to updating my thread with details but I can sum it up by saying God has been very, very good to me. My life is very rich and fulfilling. My kids are doing well and I have a peaceful R with X and her husband. Forgiveness was hard fought for but I believe I have arrived and God gets the credit and Glory!!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
amigo mio))))))))))))))) I had no doubt that your cup of blessing is running over, the Lord takes care of the rest when we rest in Him, I'm glad to hear you are doing well \:\)

The D and x's crappy history/lies are but a spec, the hurt my children experience is my weak spot, I know eventually d6 will not feel so bad, but ... but.. you know, I wish she didnt' have to feel that way. I do have to pray more for her healing, my sweet little thing, pray hard that the same healing God has bestowed on me is on her, I need to remind myself of that.

I still take kids to C --- the school C called 5mins ago about yesterday, I'm glad I have a lot of people on our side, the school C will try to talk to her on her "dad" days. I have to pry my mind from murderous rage thoughts against x for what he's brought on their little lives. I don't want to take space on my thread talking about him, but his gf went back to her state to "study"...also there is no money to support her or her kids since she's been unemployed since last year so I'm sure that's a big reason she went back, she'll be back on December, x told s11 that some rules will be flexible now that she is gone, jeez! he is sooo whipped. Anyways...

I thank heavens for my church family who is very loving to my children and they know where they are coming from. I want to share with joy that my s11 has told me he wants to baptize! I didnt' even bring it up but he wants to do it and I'm so so proud, he has such a noble soul, he takes such good care of his sister.

LOL about the boots! nope, I'd break both my ankles doing zumba on those! zumba is my therapy, I just release any tension I might have and enjoy myself fully, and on the plus side I burn hundreds of calories \:\) Try a zumba for beginners DVD, you'll love it.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D

The Lord love your kids far more than you do. Pray, Keep them grounded and they will see how God is, and will continue to look out for them in the future. ALL over the Book, we see how much the kids are loved. Also, on their own, over time, they will see that selfish behavior ultimately leads to pain. When we see someone as lost, wayward and destined for utter torment, it is easier to have compassion for them and to genuinely pray for them. Also, the Word speaks of loving ones enemy as like putting coals of hot fire upon their heads (so by loving them, you are only being obedient and it is their fault if their head develops a burning sensation LOL!)

Very cool about your son! He is stepping up to be the man of the home and sees his growing in faith as a part of this. One of the single moms at my church hangs out with the male and female singles and has even taken her 10 year old down to Mexico for the weekend mini missions outreaches. He has been down there at least 6 times. The men take him under their wings and so he gets to see examples of men with right priorities. I pray such men will come into your sons life.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
thanks again for your comforting words, I really appreciate them))) he does have good role models in church, and also my brother, who loves him like his son, he has a son his age so the 3 of them hang out together, go to basketball games, bowling, etc, I'm so glad for that.
I have to channel my anger towards his idiocy and use that energy to pray for my daughter.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
when you can truly have compassion for him, you will experience true freedom.

easy to say, hard to do

Committed2Him- "C2H"
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have pity for him, which might not be same as compassion, I do feel at some degree, he was a good man, if he ever finds God he might go back to what he was.

Well, I went to the divorceCare group, it was like meeting people from here but putting faces on them, I made a friend (just friend) on a meetup group and brought him, he was glad he went, he will keep on going, he's brand new at this mess.
We exchanged #, I exchanged #s with this lady who has a 2 yr old, eats at all hrs inordinate amounts of food and stays up 'til 4am, her son stays up with her.
I pray that through me God can give her the peace she needs, I will be calling her and will talk to her, she seems to have a lot of anxiety.

D6 still cries when she has to go, I can see how she is faking it a bit, so it's hard for me to deal with it, thank heavens for the C, we see her today, hope this gets better, it goes up and down up and down...

Hugs to all)))))))))))

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
N
N
Bless you, Cat.

DC gives one the opportunity to share what insight we have hopefully learned from our own ordeals with those poor souls just starting or in the midst of their own turmoil. And it really helps us to get outside ourselves by helping others in this way.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
cat, I felt the same way about my DC group, like DB comraderie but with faces.

Quote:
I pray that through me God can give her the peace she needs, I will be calling her and will talk to her, she seems to have a lot of anxiety.
Like us at one point, so many need sooo much help.

The vision I believe the Lord gave me for the group I am seeking to start at my church was to have a DC men's group which i would facilitate. Then to see a woman leader raised up for a female only group and then a kids group.

The doors are opening, I see it happening although I am not sure when.

good to see you helping out so much.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard