Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44
G
G
Hey, Ms. Donna..

I'm having a big ole tag sale this weekend, Friday and Saturday. Do you want to come by ahead of time to get the ratty cage (with assorted paraphernalia thrown in)?

Icky feelings are normal. It's a question of reaction or actions. If I'm reacting to him, I feel horrible. If I am taking action, I feel better.

Everyone only has control of three feet around them. The rest is out of their hands. Keep your feet in the present. You're worth it.

*hugs*

PS.. It doesn't matter if he hangs around to talk to your daughter. Most likely she'll be flitting about. And I do arrive early to performances with book in hand, get a great seat up front and read and relax. Why should I give ex prime real estate in my mind?

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, Gyps...yes, I'd love to stop by. Kids are away tonight, so I'll call later. I'm thinking of a tag sale, too.

C
C
it will bothers us to a degree hon, to see those men again, but I pray it will get better)))))

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
R
OP Offline
R
I sent this last night to my IC (not scheduled to see her for a few weeks):

Thursday is D10's concert at school. Her friend (gf's D9) is in the chorus, too. X is planning on being there, and I would guess that gf will go along, too.

My stomach is starting to turn...my head says I shouldn't care, but my gut is a different matter. Blech.

It is the first time that I might possibly see them together.

Every time I get to some level of acceptance, something else comes along to cut.

It is so hard to try to be strong...I think I suck at it, actually.

I'm going to call another family from scouts who I know is going (D10's other friend), and see if I can tag along with them / sit with them, something of a distraction. I am trying very hard to not talk to others about this anymore, or let myself fall into a pit of bitterness. I don't want to succumb or fall apart, anymore, especially in front of other people.

When is my life going to be not all-about-this?

Donna,
Please don't be too negative with yourself. These
situations are very new and uncomfortable, you are
not wrong for feeling that.

I love the idea of going with others, I don't care if
it's a stranger, don't go and sit alone. My other suggestion
is to nip out early and have a pre-arranged meeting
spot with D10(or let Dad bring her home). This
will avoid the aftermath of hellos and awkward possibilities
of running into each other.

Know that planning ahead to manage stress works!

You can do anything...you've already climbed a way too
high mountain (and didn't even want to). I'll be thinking
of you.
IC

So, that is the plan. Think I'll have her dad bring her home, since I will be up front and bringing her, then cheering her on. I'll use the excuse of getting her some flowers for a job well-done. I'll sit with my S and my friend's family, right up front.

S13 has BMX tonight...I didn't email x to remind him. Wonder if he remembered to take him? No emails or calls, so I'm thinking not. But then again, S should have remembered, too.

(My stomach/thoughts are better, btw. Think it helps to have a plan.)

M
M
Good job. Plans are important to hopefully circumvent awkward situations.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

O
O
\:D \:D \:D !!!

Best,
Oldtimer
R
OP Offline
R
I'm trying...

O
O
You are succeeding... Now, let it be ok to succeed \:D It is really ok to be ok. You're still a good girl ;\)

Best,
Oldtimer
R
OP Offline
R
Did I tell you that I named my "inner princess" Celia Grace? Two of the most precocious, smart-mouthed, divas I have in my kindergarten classes this year! They are very smart, obnoxious, bossy, loud, funny, feared, revered, artistic, always-right, beautiful little girls!

Celia told me one day to come look at what she did - she had cut a pattern of holes in her socks in her lap under the table when she finished her work early. Didn't know why I was so upset...
Grace convinced all the kids at her table that it was a great idea to draw scribbles ON the brand-new table, like "frames." She had no idea how hard crayon was to get off silestone - but she does now, after 45 minutes and a sponge each for her and her "crew."

Neither of them cried - just met it all with more curiosity.

O
O
OK Celia Grace. I want you to wear something princess-like tonight :-) A hair clip, a bracelet, stick a piece of lace in your undies if you have to...

Do it often :-)

Think of it like the pitcher in Bull Durham wearing garters.

Best,
Oldtimer
Page 4 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard