Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
M
M
Ssssooooo, what happened??? How did it go???

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
M
OP Offline
M
Taxes aren't done. I'm filing an extension today. He still doesn't have his one W-2 form. Plus he never found the information about the stimulus check for me. Talked to my friend who does tax law last night, she said file an extension.

So....yeah.

Didn't get a chance to ask about D papers. R and STBXH saw each other on street and nodded civilly. R and I went to dinner. I complained about taxes and how glad I'll be to be able to file single next year, provided the D papers get filed in the next couple months (since it takes 6 months to finalize).

Weekend was fun. I went down to the in-laws on Saturday and saw everyone. STBXH still isn't speaking to FIL or SIL, so he didn't seem to know anything was going on. Picked up my girl scout cookies from his cousin. Didn't have to deal with any STBXH or TAP drama. Got asked if I was going to change my name back and whether I was dating. In laws seem totally cool with everything.

Went to my parents yesterday.

Then had people over to the house for our own Easter dinner last night. My roommate cooked and we had R and a bunch of friends over. It was good times, was up too late lol.

I'm trying to work, but I'm anxious about the taxes. So I took a little break and pulled the IRS forms so I have everything prepped. I'll e-file the extension from home tonight.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
V
((((((((Michelle))))))))
Do you mind if I "Grrrrrrrrr" fro you? You know, I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes up with the W-2 or stimulus check info. He doesn't care. He doesn't care if the taxes are ever done, or not done. It doesn't matter to him. I don't know where that leaves you. I think you can get the stimulus check info from the IRS. Maybe you can get the W-2 from the company since you are his wife, still, unfortunately? Or maybe you can file as married filing seperately, and leave him to swing in the breeze?

It's great having understanding in-laws, isn't it?!

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah, I'll end up calling the IRS to take care of everything. Our stimulus payment doesn't show up in the online search. Nor does his company info (such as Employer ID Number - kinda important, and sketchy that it's not listed). Part of the problem with this W2 is that it was never sent. Nor was his last paycheck. Since that story has actually stayed consistent, I think I believe him.

Unfortunately, I can't file MFS. If I do, I can't deduct my tuition or student loan interest payments. I lose about $10k in write-offs. So....yeah.

I looked at California tax laws. I think I'm going to file a legal separation. If I do, I can file single in CA at least for 2009 taxes.

Last edited by MichelleLT; 04/13/09 05:31 PM.

M
M
Man, is your H pokey!!! It must be very annoying, but you seem to handle it well. Sounds like legal seperation is the way to go, even if it is a round about way.

Good to hear you had a nice weekend!!

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
M
OP Offline
M
It is quite frustrating.

And frankly one reason I am willing to move forward with the D. I feel like I'm still dealing with all the crap from the M, but get NO benefits of it whatsoever. He doesn't talk to me, he doesn't want to see me, he gets to have his on-again off-again mistress and I don't even scream about it anymore, but I do our taxes and send him messages when I get phone calls from his credit card companies about past due payments. I'm tired of being the responsible one when the best he can manage in return is a grudging "thank you" and a quick hug.

M
M
Now add to that not paying child support or for any of the joint marital debt and you have just described my xh!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
OP Offline
M
LOL

Guess it's a good thing we don't have kids!

Cuz I've already paid off enough of his debt!

V
V
(((((Michelle)))))
I guess if it came to it you could file with what you've got, and then file amended when you get the rest.

Because I don't think you are getting it until you figure out how to find it without him.

M
OP Offline
M
Extension was approved. I got the stimulus check info. Just need to get that W-2 now.

And for anyone that is interested, the IRS actually has a Form 911. Ironically, it is the taxpayer assistance form. (Someone at the IRS had a sense of humor!!! \:o \:D) It's one way to request a copy of a W-2 directly from the IRS rather than the employer, among a multitude of other assistance.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard