Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am soooo sore. This morning the couch and mattress arrived. I never got a call as to what time they were coming but you know, I would rather have it early then have to wait around all day. The girls helped to take the old bed downstairs and the old/new bed for them upstairs. S13 was my hero, a huge help and didn't complain once. The couch is why we are sore. I have no idea how we got it here when we moved from our apartment!

We took it from the living room, outside to a side door that has three huge steps up(took us over an hour to try to get it up the steps then two ladies that were cleaning next door asked if we needed help. Thank you God. It took maybe two minutes to finish the job where it had taken us forever. Then we slid it down the basement stairs. There were a few scary moments where it slipped. This thins just weighs soo much. Even the gals there were helping commented on how heavy it was. But the job is done it is in the basement living area. I said I don't ever want to move that thing again. S13 said we won't we will just leave it for the next people! lol

The new couch is really pretty. Brown with two big decorative pillows on it. I think I a may have to take a nap on it since I haven't heard from Yenko yet.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
K
Cool! A new couch sounds even better than a new coach!!! \:\) How's your weekend? I've gotta get up early tomorrow and pick up D9 at our meeting halfway point so she can sing at our church. At least she got to spend half a day with her dad!!! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I took S16 to work after we got the girls set up. They worked on cleaning their room for a bit while I was gone. After we were done moving the new couch into it's new home, S16 called to say he was done early. He seemed to really like the job. I am happy for him.

I took him to a party last night for the girl he likes. She has a boyfriend but has been telling my son she is confused about him (cake eater). So last night at the party one of her friends told him that this girl only liked as a friend, she didn't want more. His heart was broken as he was telling me this. The hard thing is that her name is the same as skank's.

I am not sure that he has given up on her. So there he takes after me. Our hearts have to be stomped to a pulp before we give up on the people we love. My heart is starting to feel better and I hope his will too.

Tomorrow is book club and more cleaning if I can stand it! lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Talk about a much needed ego boost!! Those of you that have been around since October and read my thread may remember the cute guy at McDonalds flirting with me. Well he was there again today...and still flirting with me! He even made the effort while helping someone else to tell me good bye. So sweet.

In October, that was the weeekend I wanted to see flirt guy but didn't. Of course you guys know I still want to go there now. What to do, what to do.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
\:\) Not surprised you got some attention.

You will know when you are ready, Kat. \:\)

K
K
Hey, Kat!!! You already know what I think!!! How old is the McDonalds guy???? ;\) Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Remind me! lol I think he is in his 20's. Just flattering,nothing to act on. I just look for signs sometimes.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Hey I have the 20 something guy too. Ok, hopefully next time a 30 or 40 something guy!!! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I wonder if it is a "The Graduate" type of fantasy. OMG I could be Mrs Robinson!!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: kat727
Remind me! lol I think he is in his 20's. Just flattering,nothing to act on. I just look for signs sometimes.

kat

Kat,
Well, the title of your thread is "I've Come Full Circle 25: All grown up". Maybe it's a subconscious thing that you like younger men. ;\)

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard