Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
M
M
(((Jeff)))

I haven't finished reading your old thread, but your summary here is both sad and promising.

Things are moving forward, whatever that direction ultimately ends up being.

I am glad you two are getting along better and that you are both cooperating. That must make things so much easier on the kids and you all.

You need to tell your folks silly. Don't let them hear about it some other way. Even if you just say we're separating, at least say SOMETHING.

I'd like a guinness please!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
((((((n_a))))))

A Pina Colada sounds great!

(((((Michelle)))))
Sad and promising.... that's about right!

Yes, I need to tell my folks. I just don't want to! I think there may be some "I told you so" reaction, I don't think they've ever really liked W. And I'm sure my sister doesn't. So, I am worried that they will think they are supporting me, but I'm not going to listen to that kind of thing. Of course, I'm really just borrowing trouble!

Yeah, I need to do it soon....

I wonder where you got a taste for Guinness?

M
M
Jeff, their opinion doesn't really matter.

What matters is the time and effort you have put in, and how you feel about how things have gone.

Make it clear to them that you still like W and don't want to hear her bad-mouthed if that's what you need to do.

I've always had a bit of a taste for Guinness. One thing I can thank my STBXH for. But it definitely tastes better right off the tap when it's fresh!

A
A
Yeah I love Guinness too! Its a proper ladies drink (um, ok, maybe not.. but its nice all the same).

Glad that things are so civil with you Jeff and that her parents are being very good about it and not at all taking sides.. seeing as you seem pretty close to them and the kids are obviously, so its great they are making it clear you are still part of the family.

As for your parents, good luck with that.. perhaps they wont be so shocked, as noone else seems to have been so far? And yes, I missed you posting too! You are the voice of reason around here..

Al xxx

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
M
I was surprised to learn that the ladies version of Guinness is to order a half pint with black currant syrup in it. A bit sweet for my tastes. If I want sweet I'll drink cider thank you. Besides, 2 half pints is more expensive than one pint.

V
OP Offline
V
Well, mom is told. Another one not surprised. I told her it was ok if she tell my sister when she talks to her, if I haven't already. I'm sending an e-mail to my dad, it's how we always communicate anyway, and I'm more comfortable with it as well.

Ali, I don't know if I'm a voice of reason, but I'm a voice! I read your update this weekend, but I am at a loss as to what to say! When I think of something, I will write it. I am thinking of you, in any case!

W's housebuying adventure is dragging out and stressing her. She has an agreement with the seller, but since they are selling for less than they owe their bank has to agree. They have, verbally, but the paperwork to back that up keeps getting delayed. I'm inclined to think it is just red tape, but until it is done.....

I think I am going to try to get back to spening a bit (not too much) o time here. I think it helps keep me centered, even if I didn't have the success we all hope for. I know I didn't fail, either!

K
K
You dad uses email? My dad has no idea what that is, maybe he does but he sure doesnt use it...

I've missed you. Jeff, you did all you could. Dont forget that. And when you feel sad, think of the alternative you were offered.
Love
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
A
A
Hey Jeff.. yes, I miss you too and thanks for reading.. your perspective is always welcome on my thread! I went through a phase of not wanting to post so much, but I guess this is such a wonderful support group for us all and we dont quite seem out and through the other side of all this hey, no matter how its turning out for us (all different outcomes it seems).

Yes my Dad emails too.. and texts! I am trying to get them onto Facebook, but thats a step too far it seems!

Al xxx

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
M
Sad that you are in the process of telling your family. But you must be relieved that it is out in the open.

(((Jeff)))

V
OP Offline
V
Well, it's a virtual Friday, so I think I will post something!

It was a year ago yesterday that I went cold turkey on my Coke habit! And I have not slipped once! That's the good news. The bad news is that I think I have been eating too much, and gaining a good portion of what I had lost. I need to get back on that before it gets too out of control! I'm blaming the AD's, but even if that's it, I need to slow down the eating! I'm also hoping that even though things are going smoothly, I've been eating more due to stress. Which hopefully will reduce as things move along.

W has become fairly convinced that the seller/bank of the house she is trying to buy really doesn't want to sell. There's no logical reason for it that I can see, but they seem to be able to create their own obstacles. It's all things on the seller side, that haven't even wanted anything additional from her, only from themselves! Anyway, she went house shopping again yesterday, and is going to officially submit an offer on another house tomorrow on her way to work. This one sounds much more likely to go through quickly, they said that she could still settle by the end of the month! Then she would paint for a month, and move after the kids get out of school at the end of May.

The "little" kids don't have school tomorrow, and I don't work, so we are going to go up to Phoenix in the afternoon, eat at fun place we found up there (if I can find it again), and then go to baseball game in the evening, followed by fireworks. That should be fun! Then I need to spend Saturday, and hopefully not Sunday getting the taxes done and filed, since I've about used up all of the time I have on that!

I'm thinking that this fall I really will have a house almost to myself..... a DB'er get together might actually make sense! I could even invite W! What a surprise that would be! \:\)

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard