Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1726727 03/02/09 07:57 PM
J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello all...my W and I sperated in house over 5 months ago. We physically seperated our residences last week. Things are working out great. Our D8 seems to be taking it all in stride with no problems.

My W and I have almost no interaction. She seems like a stranger. We only talk about what D8 needs.

W could not interact with my family that came for the weekend...strange.

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
T
T
Hey John... came to say hi and let you know I've bookmarked your thread.

All is good over here. Formally signed my discovery paperwork this week. Should start settlement discussions in a week or two.

My thread, Carpe Diem #4
Orig Thread: Carpe Diem #1
J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Techguy, great to hear from you. I'm just a few days behind you. I talked to my attorney last week and he is working on the same paperwork. We are going to do the collaborative divorce process.

Things are going great for me personally. My D8 seems to be doing well but I sense some anger issues. She is more moody now and her mother seems to be having a lot of problems with her.

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
F
F
John,

Thoughts I'd stop by and say hey! Glad to hear you're doing good. How's everything going?

Me:28, first M
H: 33, second M
Married: 08/08
Bomb: 10/08
H filed D and deployed: 12/08
Served: 04/09
I deploy: 07/09
Hearing date: 08/09

J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
FitChik, things are OK. I miss having my daughter with me each day.

W seems to just want me to support her financially and nothing else. The divorce is proceeding now because I'm pushing it. I've been to MC with her for months...she does not know even how to be a friend.

Life is good...peaceful. I'm enjoying not need to take care of anyone else for a time.

Thanks for stopping by...

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
F
F

Peaceful is a great thing to feel after all of the previous chaos. I found that when I got out of the limbo stage, I felt a lot of resolve and peace.

Sorry about your W. My H was very cold, distance, and unfriendly for a while and it was not fun! It was hard to not only lose my spouse but also my best friend. A lot of change in a short amount of time....

Hope you're having a good weekend :-)

Me:28, first M
H: 33, second M
Married: 08/08
Bomb: 10/08
H filed D and deployed: 12/08
Served: 04/09
I deploy: 07/09
Hearing date: 08/09

T
T
Hey John,

The settlement meeting is next Wed, March 25th. Hoping to wrap it up in one day. Then they just need to type it up and get the formal signature.

Sounds like you are doing good.

My thread, Carpe Diem #4
Orig Thread: Carpe Diem #1
J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
FitChik, things are better now. Even my W seems more at ease. We are working together to get through this. She and I are going to use the collaborative divorce process. We have enough assets that we probably cannot fairly divide up what we have. Neither one of us wants to take advantage of the the other.

The benefit of us working together is that my D8 is doing great.

Life is going to be better for all of us. I know it goes against what this site is all about, but things are working out for the best...that means a divorce.

Hope you are doing OK.

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Techguy, thanks for stopping by. Great to hear that everything is working out for you so well. I hope things go as smoothly for us. It really comes down to a business transaction now for both of us.

How are your kids doing with this?...and your new house?

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
J
JWM Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just wanted to give an update.

W and I will meet with attorneys on Tuesday to start the collaborative divorce process. We are both being careful to work together for the sake of D8...which is good. I have no regrets and see the divorce as a positive thing in my life. I gave my M everything I had...life is good and it seems much more beautiful now.

Life has gone from blah to one filled with color and the difference is amazing.

Wanted to tell all my friends here that I will stop by from time to time. I want to keep up with you. I do appreciate all the help everyone has given me here.

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard