Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So, the battle starts on March 19 when I go see the oncologist. This particular cancer centre is a research centre and they have asked if I would like to be put on any trials if they are in the process of doing so. I will think on that, but I will probably say yes. If it doesn't work for me, maybe it will give good info for further research and end up helping others. Won't think too much on it though, 'cause they may not be in the process of doing research for this particular cancer.

Okay, here's a question (for me really). Do prayers work? Do they get answered? I am starting to really believe they do. I mean, I did before, but in a kind of distant way and thought for other people, not me. As some of you may know, my sister and her daughter have been somewhat distant for a few years (my sister for most of my life and my niece for the past few years since she lived with us then abruptly left ... long story). It has been on my heart that this be resolved in some way. They were going to visit a couple of months ago, but for some reason did not. (My niece lives in Du Pont, WA, and my other niece lives in Calgary, Canada, and I live in between and slightly off to the west so it's not a big detour.) Throughout my life, my sister has rarely visited me, while I have tramped a pathway through her house, even if she lived far away which was the case many times. Anyway, to cut a long story short ... suddenly a week ago, my niece calls and announces they are visiting. Out of the blue. Neither of them have even been communicating with me much via email or telephone (not even morse code or smoke signals ... haha), so it was a huge surprise. So, they've come and gone and it was wonderful. We spent time chatting until 3, 4 even 5 a.m. like we used to. I am not going to fool myself that this will be a trend, but this once was a gift, and all I can think is that my prayers were answered because it was so unusual and unexpected.

I have prayed to HF that He knows the desires of my heart. His will be done, but I will fight for life in case that is His will. Thank you so much for all your prayers. Knowing that others care enough to actually pray for me, is so comforting and makes the battle easier to bare. It gives me greater courage. I am so lucky, truly. You know, even my neurologist said that he would pray for me during the operation. I am still stunned by that. I have never had a doctor say that to me.

A quote by Mahatma Gandhi, "In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth." This quote resonates with me, in that, I feel we all want the truth, whether spiritually, or within our marriages.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
WCW Offline
W
Answer = yes.
But remember that His answers may be different than ours. Keep up the c-c-c-courage.

How is the health care where you are? is there a good level of confidence? have the seizure stopped since the surgery?

I love that you had a good visit from family!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi WCW! I am keeping the courage as best I can. \:\) I try not to dwell too much, but concentrate on other things, like school. We have universal health here in Canada so the level of care differs from one area to another, but one always gets care. So far, I have been very happy with what I've experienced and I have heard the Cancer Centre here is excellent.

I haven't had a seizure since early Feb. --- yay. So far, so good. Just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks so much for checking in with me. \:\)

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Again, I ask you to pray for me and my family. I have two options for treatment ... radiation then chemo; chemo if a certain gene marker appears in my blood. Just chemotherapy is the better option because it is less invasive and it's just a pill that you can take anywhere. Radiation will be 6 weeks of intensive treatment. So, I pray for those markers or tags to be in my genetic makeup. The cancer appears to be at level 3, but they are requesting a second opinion on that.

I am a little bit down at the moment after my trip to the oncologist and radiologist yesterday. I need to recoup. I have started to exercise and eat as correctly as possible (especially things that will build my immune system and is known to fight cancer). I am grateful that I have not had a seizure since a couple of days after my operation .... more than a month now. H has been very supportive, and has even changed job to one where he will be at home more often. If nothing else, this crisis in my life has shown me that he is still the kind, caring person he was when I married him. \:\)

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
W
W
It's a roller coaster, Being Me. It's OK to have those down times, you've been handed one helluva a load to carry! You're a fighter so I'm confident you'll kick the crap out of this thing whether it be via chemo or radiation \:\) You remain in my prayers.
You mentioned prayer earlier, Being Me and I have been praying in my sitch for my STBX to rediscover her faith. Yesterday, maybe a small step was taken when she called me over and in our discussions regarding the kids, she told me she "fully supported" me in taking our kids to church. She asked if there were any evening or summer church activities the girls could take part in as they needed "positive influences" in their lives (I could have said "then why don't you start being one!" ooh, so mean ). I told her I'd meet with our Youth Pastor and see what we could do, so we're meeting on Thursday evening. As I drove home, I pulled the car over to cry because it felt like just maybe my prayer was beginning to be answered! It's a little thing but it meant a lot to me.
Keep on praying, Being Me!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
WCW Offline
W
Hope your genetic genes are just what the doctor ordered!
I had an email recently with information about good diets to combat cancer. I'll see if I can get it to you.

It's nice that your H is being kind and caring and supportive. You can concentrate on you!

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Wii and WCW --- I would appreciate diets to combat cancer. If you know Phoenix' email, I could get it from him.

You know, I probably never said this before, but I do also pray for y'all. It's so good to focus on those with similar issues as me, or that I had, and pray for some kind of reconciliation or confirmation in your sitches. So, know that there is one other person praying for you too.

You've all been so kind to me and your words have been so encouraging. I am out of my little sadness of last week. I was even dancing to some funky music today, and my husband caught me and gave me that "you're weird" look. Hahaha! \:D

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
T
T
Hi BeingMe

I am happy that you are gettin' down to the funky music. Continue those positve vibes \:\) That nasty stuff in your body tends to run in the other direction when your spirits are so positive like that, IMO.

I will surely be praying for you and your loved ones. The Lord is mysterious and at the same time marvelous in all His ways.

T

debut thread
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone! Just got back the tests yesterday --- they want me to have radiation and chemo because they're afraid the cancer is spreading quicker. Yikes! So, it's frying and poisoning for me. I am just going to keep trying to be positive 'cause I'm not done with my life yet. I don't feel it.

Take care.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
W
WCW Offline
W
That's not the news I was hoping for you!
Are there support groups you can find to help you thru this? There is a lady in MLC - 1hope - that recently went thru cancer treatment. Maybe she could be a resource for you.
Stay positive!
Mega cyber vibes going your way.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard