Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
Hi,

Thanks Julia, Lisa, Kalni and Ali!

Julia-I owe you an email, and I will definitely catch up with you in the next couple of days. I have been reading along, so apologies for not posting on your thread, but we'll catch up!

Kalni-yes under normal circumstances this Brazil thing would have caused a HUGE fight. My H does have a bad temper, and I was sort of crying, so that was a recipe for disaster. I think his IC is really helping because he was so Zen about the whole thing that it was weird. In a way I think the fact that this happened was a good thing.

Ali-yes I definitely do compliment my H. I didn't during that time that he was giving me compliments the other day, but on a daily basis now I tell him good things about himself, and I always tell him how cute he is etc. On the trip he was back to what he used to ask me, which is "what do you like most about me?"

Actually yesterday we had a stupid fight, no it was more my H losing his temper, but I think we had a breakthrough as a result. We had made an appointment to have a car inspection (we need this for insurance). I don't have an Irish driving license, so my H has to handle these things. Of course he is super-stressed at the moment with school etc. However I made the appointment, got all of the paperwork together etc. and it seemed good. Well he drove around for an hour trying to find the appointment, got lost, never found it, and called me at work to tell me how unhelpful I was and how I needed to step up. I had someone in the office, so wasn't able to say much. This may have actually been good as I needed to stay super-calm and not react. Well a couple of hours later, he emailed to apologize and say that he knew it wasn't my fault. Then, at 1228 PM local time, I got an email from him saying that I am so cool, so amazing, and he is lucky to have me. I mention the time because later I read the Priya Kale site and she said at 828 EST (1228 GMT),"the Moon is about to conjunct Uranus in Pisces so don’t be surprised if you experience an unexpected outburst of emotion or a deep release." This is pretty much what happened. That wasn't the end of it though. I got home, and H apologized in person. He said that he was sorry for being mean to me on the phone. I said it was OK just that someone had been in my office so it was awkward. He said it wasn't OK and I didn't deserve that. Wow.

Then last night he talked to me about his career, and how to move forward he needs more sales experience, which would necessitate traveling more, like 1 week out of the month. Of course I don't like this at all, but I knew it wasn't the time to fight about his career. Instead I said that all that matters to me is leaving this country. He asked me to pursue an internal transfer at work, so this was hugely positive.

All in all, things are going well. At this point I am actually not sure if my H even realizes that not wearing the ring is an issue, or if he has just forgotten about it. At some point I will ask, but not quite there yet. I would much rather he raised this, so will give him every opportunity to do so, even if I need to drop some subtle hints.

OK-I'm off to work now!

ITH

Me:34 H:36 M:5 years T: 8 years
Bomb: 07/17/08 I want to be separated for 6 months--I don't know what I want the outcome to be
S 07/28/08-11/08/08
Living together ~7 months D Possibly busted?!?!!!
K
K
ITH,
things are going great. Focus on that and forget about the ring. That will follow. I am sure.
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard