Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
K
I recall after my first D, my exh and I were somewhat short with each other. Unfortunately our interactions were strictly about the kids for the most part. I do remember calling him the first time the plumbing problem occurred and his response was, I am not your H anymore, I don't own the house, you figure it out. I did and in time let go of the anger.
Today he will do anything I ask for. He has been supportive with the separation and problems of my second H. He has been very workable with the kids and offered to take them many times when it seemed I couldn't handle things. Instead, he just helped out more. It gets better.

Me late 50's
M 9/06
D 4/11

K
K4D Offline
K
R2C,

It's good to hear from you again. Glad you are doing ok. It's alright to let those tears flow now and then. It just means you are human. Nothing wrong with that.

I need to watch fireproof. Although at this point, not sure it would do me any good other than make me sad as well.

Let me catch you up to date real quick. My W filed for D Feb 4th. We signed the wavier of service, child custody agreement, and our own personal agreement tontie. I am heading to Florida Thursday morning. I have handled everything so far. I shocked at myself. Didn't think I would. My W has been sleeping with OM for a while. I finally got proof through her emails.

But I am moving along anyways. I hope she comes back some day. But I'm not waiting around. I have taken alot of your past advice and I am forcing myself into a better place.

I hope you are doing good. I have thought of you often. Please stay in touch. You are an inspiration to us all.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
R
OP Offline
R
Over the past year, I logically decided to stuff my emotions down until the divorce was finalized. The next year of growth and healing will be nice.

I am letting my emotions flow when appropriate/needed now. The level of emotion are out of proportion with the actual events, but that is OK. They need to come out. Triggers are a VERY GOOD thing right now.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
K
K4D Offline
K
Then let them out. Don't keep them bottled in. Thats natural. I think sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking we can handle more than we can. I know I do. But then with time, the real emotions resurface. Thats just life.

But time will heal all. Whether its back with your W or something else the future holds. Who knows. You will be ok though. Let the emotions flow and just build your life for you and your kids.

All will be ok in the end somehow. I can't see the future. I just have faith.

Keep taking care of yourself. Buy yourself some more good smelling shampoos. Keep your positive thoughts. They got you this far. Don't stop now just because papers are signed. You don't know what the future holds. Maybe she will come back, maybe she won't and someone else will step in that is even more amazing.

Keep posting bro,

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
G
G
Hey Watusi..

It's good to pop like a zit, drip like a faucet, trickle like a stream, blow like a steam whistle.. whatever it takes to release what's been held so long.

Friends accept the whole person.. not just what's easy.

The question is.. what's the next step after the dust settles?

*hugs*

R
OP Offline
R
It is time to relax and have fun. I need lots of sleep.....

DB'ing status:

MsR2C was in the house yesterday.....Is it good to let her in my space? Not sure yet. She was dropping off S8 Homework folder and picking up child support check.....I was friendly and invited her in like I would anyone else. Told kids Mommy was here. S9 and D6 Came out and saw here. I said again, Mommy is her. S8 said I heard you, but did not come out. MsR2C went down to his room....

I am very detached from MsR2C.....

I have "practiced" my ass off with many women and have some very good habits now. My relationships I have with other women are very compartmentalized to prevent becoming attached.......until I am healthy.....

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
K
K
Hey thanks for stopping by. I am just spreading my wings and flying to more threads. gypsy is a beautiful person, I just love how she looks at things.

Yes, I do think love will find us all again someday. I just want that "something" to keep my focus on. To heal my broken heart and my wounded soul. To know that I am worthy of a wonderful guy and that I don't have to settle because of fear or self-doubt. Those are my demons I hope to conquer and having a Saint on your side certainly couldn't hurt! \:\)

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
G
Hey Watusi..

It's good to hear you're joining the Snooze Patrol. DB'ing guys need their sleep.

What was the after effect of their mom being in your home? It was cordial of you to invite her in. Interesting in how the children reacted.

Read any interesting books lately?

*hugs*

R
OP Offline
R
Sleep is king!

Maybe a little anxiety on my part....Could have been from other things. Easy to blame on her......

I am reading "The power of kindness" right now. It is very good....

Amor Fati
R
OP Offline
R
I am tired of dealing with a non communicative ex wife. Time to 180 and start dealing with issues about the kids.....

Amor Fati
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard