Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
K
K
Yoyo are they on top of your head or hanging from a chain around your neck?? LOL I just needed to interject some humor. ;\)

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: kat727
Yoyo are they on top of your head or hanging from a chain around your neck?? LOL I just needed to interject some humor. ;\)

kat

Kat,
LOL. I wear contacts and I am blind as a bat, so I rarely take contacts out. I was going to take them out the other day and couldn't find my glasses. I'm so blind I can't walk around without contacts or glasses. I've really got myself in a pickle!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have the same thing Yoyo! I'm so blind it's a chore to find my contact lens case in the am. It's clear and I was just thinking I need to get like a neon colored one or something like that! And btw, Kat, H bought D9 one of those chains to hang the glasses around her neck, but she says they're uncomfortable and takes them off even more!!! I just want her to learn to put them in her case!

Well, I've been posting on everyone's thread but my own lately. My life is so peaceful, calm, and happy. Keeping busy by delivering girl scout cookies this week! I ordered some interviewing books that look good. For some reason my library has only one or 2 interview books that are about 30 years old so I figured I needed ones a little more up-to-date than that. I don't think they even had the internet back then or at least I didn't! Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
P
P
Hey Karen, thanks for posting on my thread. I am glad to hear that you are happy doing your own thing lately. What is your state of mind? I could use some direction to get there. Would you say you are still optimistic about a recon or are you just going to leave it to a higher being to decide? Sorry to be so blunt. I would love to have the peace that you have and is wondering all these things.

Karen, I was a stay at home Mom until recently, after the bomb. If you don't mind my two cents. Just start small (e.g. non-profits or library or something like that just to get out there, if possible.) Another tip is to network. Talk to everyone you can about your skills and what you are looking to do. It works, it happened to me. I was talking to a friend and she told me what her son did. I thought it was very interesting and I started looking. I got a small job on my own from the newspaper. Two months work but I had something on my resume. Then her son called her up about another position that was open, my friend called me and the employer called me, we met and hired me without a resume!!! It took several months for it all to pan out but get the word out there and sometimes people will remember what you said and send things your way. Wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by PositivelyMommy; 02/22/09 02:18 PM.

Me:39
H:40
S:9
D:7
First Bomb ONS:June 07
Second Bomb OW: March 08
Separated: March 08
M:15 yrs
T:18 yrs
H deep into A with OW
Achieved ACCEPTANCE May 30, 09

'Yes, I can.'
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: PositivelyMommy
What is your state of mind? I could use some direction to get there. Would you say you are still optimistic about a recon or are you just going to leave it to a higher being to decide?
Thanks, PM. My state of mind has been amazingly great lately despite job hunting and house-hunting. Very calm and peaceful.

I am very negative about a recon, I think there's about 1% chance in my case, but I've learned not to make plans about my future: I will do this or whatever. Just letting things unfold as they will. I don't think I would ever go back (and certain people around here wouldn't let me) \:\) to where I was a year or 2 ago being yelled at and insulted by my H. I have too much self-esteem for that now. I think my H would have to break up with the OW, which I know will happen at some point (she's been married 3 times already), but he'd have to go to MC and IC and way too much stuff. So maybe this is my opportunity to have a R in the future with someone that's faithful, kind, and a Christian. I don't really think my H is any of those at this point, so maybe it's for the best.

Things keep getting better, and my PMA, so that's good. I live in a small town and it's like a little network. Everyone in town I think knows I'm looking for work so I think it's just a matter of time. I ordered some books on interviewing b/c I want to work on my interviewing skills, and I kind of feel like I'll get the right job for me. I'm keeping super busy with everything and moving in the next month, so if I don't get a job for a month or 2, I think it would be ok. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
P
P
Thanks Karen. I am getting a better idea of how you feel eventhough there is a 1% chance of a recon. I hope you get what you want, a faithful, Christian man who you can trust whether it's your H or not. I crave the peace you describe. Thank you very much for sharing.

H deep into A with OW

'Yes, I can.'
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, PM. I'm just trying to keep pretty busy really, and just get through. Let God worry about the big stuff. I still do sometimes though anyway!

D9 told me H has moved into a new apt. this week. He was spending one week at an apt. with a guy friend of his, and then one week (the week she doesn't have her kids) at OW's house. So now I guess he has enough $$ to get his own place. I felt a twinge of fear and I asked D9 if he had a roommate (thinking it might be OW) but she said no. He doesn't have any furniture yet, so I'm sure OW wouldn't spend much time there I don't think. I think she's a high-maintenance type (she is really my total opposite)! Sometimes I think well if that's what makes him happy, the total opposite of me, I would never be good for him anyway. And I guess his getting this apt. doesn't really change anything. I'm bummed that it bothers me at all...

D9 wants to try out for Sound of Music tonight. I was thinking about trying out too maybe, but I have another cold!, and am not feeling it. Maybe I can try out for a speaking part or just sing Happy Birthday or something. I'm just not feeling it too much, but I think D9 would love it if we could do a musical together. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Sorry you have a cold. I do too. It just "hit me" yesterday. I would love to be sleeping until I am better but my boss isn't here today so I have to be.

I know what you mean about that bothering you. Probably a lot like my ex testdriving a newer car. WTH?? They have to file B but can afford to do this stuff? I guess I just don't get it.

Try out for what you feel up for. Could you let them know you are sick and maybe tryout tomorrow? (Just asking because sometimes tryouts are over a couple of days). Either way, I hope you do well. Break a leg!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I did it. I tried out anyway. Oh, well. I did my best. Some of my friends were there, and some of the kids I teach at that afterschool program. I was so touched; I had encouraged one of the girls to try out b/c she has a great voice and great energy and she actually did. She did a great job too! Me not so good. But I had fun and that's what matters! Right? D9 did a great job too. Although they have so many great people trying out, I just hope D9 gets a part, b/c 2 of her friends did really great about her age and I think they are going to get a part. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
P
P
What a great way for you and D9 to bond, the Sound of Music is great! I love that movie. It's good to see you are busy and having fun.

H deep into A with OW

'Yes, I can.'