Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
OP Offline
Yeah...the OW showed up....have no real idea why...her insecurity???

Probably.

I am so done with that...and I did not appreciate it.

It was weird to have her in MY house...strange...I am ready for all of this drama to be over...I want it so OVER.

sigh...it was not a visit that was much different from what other folks have gotten from the OP...why was I not really THAT shocked by a visit???? I swear these people just want to keep us in THEIR drama...and I just don't have time for that anymore...

Aug '06: H moved out
July '08: H had a kid with the OW
May 12 '09: emancipation day

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

A
ACJ Offline
A
I've not had a visit from OW (yet). However, I did pay a visit to the first OW that I ever found out about. It was something I needed to do at the time but then suffered with living nightmares for weeks afterwards. Everywhere I looked she was there:
in the bed between us
in the passenger seat in my car
sitting on the end of my desk at work.

The thing that finally cleared the vision from my mind was when H and I went to play badminton. I pretended the shuttlecock was her head and really laid into it every time it was my shot. For the only time in my life I gave H a whooping at badminton He couldn't understand where I got the strenght and energy from. He was pretty shocked when I told him what had happened!

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
T
T
Hi Vali,

Wishing you a lovely week-end. (((HUGS)))

OP Offline
ACJ! I loved this!!!! Badminton!

Well, I hope you never have to have that kind of visit...really...

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

A
ACJ Offline
A
Quote:
ACJ! I loved this!!!! Badminton

Believe me the way my H is behaving right now I could do with a week long session only this time pretending it's his head I am caving in!

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
T
T
Hi Vali,

Thank you for posting on my thread. I wish you strength for the day you will receive the final D papers.

Have a nice week. (((HUGS)))

OP Offline
Alison, that is really good therapy...you need to get it out and over with and move on...no sense in holding it in...it does more harm...trust me, I know...

I wish you happiness and peace, whatever happens...remember, when God closes one door, somewhere he opens a window...and what MAY seem inconceivably sad, may, in retrospect, be the thing that sets you free...

Hugs,
Valentine

OP Offline
Well sweets, you are an inspiration for me...life goes on...I think we need to remember that...despite what it is that WE want, sometimes God has other plans and we cannot ask questions...

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalms 43:10

Honey, your life is gonna be so great...u will look back and laugh...as we all will...

Hugs,
Valentine

OP Offline
Okay, WTH is wrong with everyone??????

Seems like this weekend at my cousin's fab wedding I was getting ALL kinds of unsolicited advice...and it was annoying! I loved the one person that told me: Vali, I heard that you should not date for an entire year after your divorce because it is like you are mourning the death of someone.REALLY? YA THINK?I was thinking to myself, look chick, he's been gone for over 2.5 years...for over 2 years I did not go out...I just hung out at my house and waited for him patiently (and not so patiently) and now that I am moving on you're thinking it is a good thing for me to WAIT some more??????

ARE U KIDDING ME??????? All this from a person who has NEVER been divorced. Easy for her to say. So I just smiled and said thanks, but I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do...

Hell, it isn't like I am dating anyone anyway...for Pete's sake!

I swear, some people are just bossy...

Anyhoo, today is St. Paddy's day and I am going to a pub and drink something green!

Hugs to all,
Valentine

T
T
Hi Vali,

I so agree with you - unsolicited advice can get to you.

Yes, you will do what you will do. I wish you good luck with it.

Take care. (((HUGS)))

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard