Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
N
N
Sara,

I am so sorry for the huge scare you guys went through! Is J squeamish about blood, maybe?

There was a time I was giving blood a long time ago and I happened to look at it --- I have learned my lesson and I don't ever make that mistake anymore: I blacked out -- with spasms and twitching. The IV came out and blood went everywhere. Scared the living cr*p out of the attending nurse.

Now I just know not to ever look. Funny thing is I am a-okay with other people's blood. But if I see my own like that, I guess I can feel my brain draining.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
V
V
(((((Sara)))))
I think I'd get him to the doc for a full checkup/bloodwork. I'm no doctor, but I'd want to know if there was something going on the caused him to pass out. The comment about being so hungry, and them passing out suggests that there might be a medical thing going on, to me.

Hope he's ok!

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Blue,

You have a point there. He did pass out once after giving blood, when he was about 10 years old. But I didn't see any blood coming out of the finger. He kept insisting that it was a bad cut, that he had punctured his finger down to the bone. So he had run to his bedroom to put neosporin on it, and then back to the kitchen where he blacked out.

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Kalni, I now see that you suggested that too. Yeah, but would fainting cause the seizure, or did hitting his head cause the seizure?

V
V
Originally Posted By: Sara
Hi Kalni, I now see that you suggested that too. Yeah, but would fainting cause the seizure, or did hitting his head cause the seizure?

Hence the need to get a thorough check up! \:\)

I'm thinking that whatever it was started before he poked himself, maybe even caused it.

S
S
Sara,

Has your son started drinking a lot lately......water or soft drinks. I just wondered if it could be a diabetes related thing, esp. with hunger and a need to eat being involved.

I am sorry it was so frightening for you. ((((((HUGS))))))))

BTW, have you heard from GH31 recently?

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hmm, I can ask if his thirst is up. He does remember feeling funny before he blacked out. He was thinking that he would go lie down after he got the food. But he didn't make it that far. I do think it was the puncture wound that shook him up. And then perhaps the fit occurred because he hit his head on the floor. But he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. He says that the doctor did a CT scan and looked at his brain, and told him it was fine and sent him home. He wants to follow the doctor's orders, which were to watch for symptoms such as nausea, loss of balance, loss of coordination, headaches, etc, none of which he has. He has to go to the doctor in a week to have the staples out.

Y
Y
Sara,
How is J feeling today? Has he experienced any of they symptoms that the dr. told him to watch out for? I know that when I had my concussion I had severe headaches and nausea everytime I tried to sit or stand. I had to stay in bed a couple of days. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

I must share with you how I got my concussion, talk about a freak accident! I was in college and was at a nightclub. H who was then BF was also there, although we were broken up at the time. I danced with other guys and my then exBF came up to me afterwards and started griping me out. I was so mad that I left. It was during the winter and it was extremely cold and there was ice on the ground. Needless to say, hurrying to your car because you are freezing and ice on the ground don't mix. Down, I went. I landed on my behind very hard, I never hit my head. Honestly, I wondered if I had broken my tailbone. Well, the next day I woke up with the severe headaches and nausea. My dad took me to the dr. who told me that I had gotten a concussion from falling on the ice. He said that when I fell the impact cause my brain to slam against my skull. I took a lot of ribbing from that...I fell on my butt and got a consussion. The big joke was "Now we know where your brain is!"

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Excellent story, Yoyo. J had a good day yesterday. Neither of us did much, but he walked and talked and felt fine. Soooo, H got rip roaring sick last night. For a while he thought he was having a heart attack, and sure enough, we had no aspirin in the house. So J went out and bought aspirin. By the time he got back, H was busy contaminating the bathroom with all kinds of disgusting bodily fluids. Apparently, lunch at the Indian restaurant did not agree with him. Yuck. I have to go buy rubber gloves and start cleaning.

Y
Y
Sara,
Bless your heart. Maybe you missed your calling as a nurse! I don't envy you having to clean the bathroom, I have a weak stomach when it comes to things like that!!!

Glad to hear J is feeling much better. Although, I hate to hear that your H was sick, I'm glad to hear that it was the food and not a heart attack!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard