Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
A
A
Hi Sara,

That sounds so encouraging and rewarding at the same time. Even though I have read so much about Retrouvaille here and elsewhere, it is still hard for me to imagine how the transformation will truly work. I guess I will have to experience it in person and let it happen to me hoping that it will happen not only to me, but to us as a couple.

AN

Last edited by AnotherNightmare; 02/09/09 11:38 PM.

M43 W45, M17
S9 D6
Bomb: 11/11/08
EA: 10/26-12/31/08 ?
Retrouvaille: 2/13-2/15/09
Healed, but still heading for D
My situation
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Counting down the days for you now, AN. It will be good. I will look forward to hearing from you when you get back. You should think about taking the following Monday off if you can. It takes some time afterwards to get readjusted to all the change you've experienced.

A
A
I had not thought about taking off the day after Retro, but it happens to be a company holiday, so I will be off and home for that day.

Actually I am counting hours rather than days: 82 hours left!! In a way I am excited, but then I am very calm, because I know it will be a life changing experience, at a minimum for me.

M43 W45, M17
S9 D6
My situation
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Today I am journalling.

Last night was bad. I was on the computer in the study at 2 AM and S19 was in the kitchen making a snack. First I heard him curse, which is unusual because he is a very good cook. So I went in to see what happened. He was nursing a cut finger, and shooed me away. Not a minute later I heard odd loud noise coming from the kitchen. So I went back in and looked. He was lying flat on his back on the floor convulsing and making garbled noises. I ran over to him and asked what happened. He stopped convulsing and looked at me, with huge dilated pupils. He said, "I cut my finger". I had him show me the finger, it just had a small puncture, not bleeding. I said I know that, but why are you on the floor? He said, "I'm so hungry." I said, "But being hungry didn't make you lie on the floor. What happened?" He said he didn't know. He continued to lie there for another 5 minutes or so. We talked about what we should do. I told him that I would take care of him, but since he is the lifeguard, he would have to tell me what to do. He kept telling me to stay calm. So I said, I'll go look up concussions on the internet, and see what to do. He had me bring the laptop in and stay with him. So we looked up concussion, and did everything it said to do. We went to the emergency room.

They did a CT scan and put 2 staples in his head. The doctor said the brain looked normal. What a relief. So we went home. As he walked in the door, he vomited. Then he said he felt better and went to bed. It was 6 AM. He is still sleeping. But I checked on him. He says he is alright.

It is times like this that make me glad that I am a night owl. If I had not been up, he might still be lying on the floor. Before we left for the hospital, I woke my husband up and told him what happened and where I was going. He wanted to come with us. I told him no, he needed to sleep. But it was touching that he wanted to come.

K
K
I am so sorry. They tell us here to NOT let people with concussion sleep but wake them up every couple of hours. I hope he recovers soon.
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Y
Y
Sara,
Wow! That's scary to hear that about J. Hope he is feeling better soon. I got a concussion when I was about his age. I remember that I had to stay lying down for a few days. Everytime I would sit or stand I would get nauseous.

Take this time to give him lots of TLC, they don't let us baby them much anymore!

Hugs, Yoyo

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Sara! I hope that all is good with your son, what a scary thing to have happen!

Anothernightmare, all that Sara says about Retrouvaille is true, My H and I went over a year ago, and have to say that we had a similar experiance, this was our last hope weekend, we both knew that, and I do believe it saved us, and changed for us the way we communicate for the best.
I wish you nothing but the best for you weekend, and it is good you have the day off after as you will need it! I had to call in sick, as I was so drained, but in a good way!

Me - 44
H - 44
M - 19yrs
together - 23yrs
D16
S8
EA/PA - Bomb Oct20/06 Jan 8/07 Feb 01/07 Jul 15/07
H still @ home
Recovered!

"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
A
A
Sara,

I am glad to hear that everything seems OK now. It is scary, and you may want to find out what made him pass out. Low blood pressure? Maybe just his bleeding finger? Maybe something more serious?

AN

M43 W45, M17
S9 D6
My situation
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, I'm now thinking that he passed out first. If he had fallen while aware, he would have put his hands out. He fell on his back.

K
K
A lot of men pass out when they see...blood. Maybe that was it?

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard