Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: BeingMe
"Fireproof" is a cool movie --- nice story, although the acting could be better. Good movie for V-Day. \:\)

Yes, but can I use it to score? ;\)

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
Have a great day, wii. Hope you have time to spend with the girls.

Don't go putting on an beer goggles later tonight in an effort to score, though!

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Donna!
I just got back from the movie Fireproof and it is indeed a wonderful movie but it's just a movie! The attempt to sell people on a marriage fix that works in 40 days is, well ridiculous. Sure, God could do it but I'm guessing in 99.9% of cases he ain't gonna. I was sitting there thinking that what this guy went through for forty days I went through for years! I remembered how many times I heard "I don't love you" in that time. This guy was in Disneyland compared to that. He also made a big boo boo and did so, of course, because it's Hollywood and the crowd gets what the crowd wants. He goes to the hospital, where his W works, and confronts his W's OM, a move that never works out well in real life but this ain't real life. He even threatened the guy and instead of running to the W and snitching OM seems to back off...yah right! I really did feel the rejection the H felt in his attempts to do something different in his forty days of divorcebusting. I used to try all sorts of things to turn things around and it's the most self esteem destroying thing to watch your partner practically spit in your face each time but, hey,that's what an A will do to them. That's why GAL is so important to those of us trying to DB cuz without it you can get pretty demoralized. 40 days to a new marriage, try 40 weeks bare minimum, if that! Oh well, it was an entertaining and touching movie well worth seeing. But beware it can bring up a lot of emotional sh!t which is probably why I'm sounding so nasty tonight! Review ended \:\)

R
R
A mutual friend of mine has said she wants to give a copy to my X. What do you think? I haven't seen it, and in the end, I don't really care. Just would be interested to hear your 2 cents on the idea....

W
OP Offline
W
Donna, I'd have to say "what for?". This would be like taking a 2x4 to your X's head! I just can't see what good it would do except to promote resentment towards you. I'm not a real fan of people giving presents that have a blatant in your face agenda, I don't think those things help. Could be wrong though!

R
R
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to take a 2x4 to his head (most people who know both of us would like to do that). I think I'm just going to stay out of it. When she mentioned it, I just said I hadn't seen it.

W
OP Offline
W
Sounds like a plan to me, Donna!
Well, today Whatis went to church and once again Possibility Lady (remember her) came to sit with me, she said she wanted a change of scenery and I'm guessing I'm the scenery! So when the Pastor announced our Saturday evening service for next week I turned to her and said "You should come to that" and, knowing I go to each one and am practically the only attendee over 25,she said "ya know what, I think I will come" so I told her I would see her there Saturday night. Hmm, she even shared her bible with me today. This is moving way too fast LOL. She's a sweetie but she's gotta be 20 years younger than me so maybe she's just got a daddy complex! I enjoy her company, we go to the same bible study and last week I talked her into joining the choir too. So I wonder how this is gonna go bad on me...start laying bets DBers! Seriously though, she's just a nice lady whose company I enjoy. We've always had a good rapport and seem to like each other. So it'll be nice to have someone to hang out with at the service Saturday night. That's as far as this is going...I think!

W
OP Offline
W
Last night at church we started a series on relationships and our homework was to think of a relationship that needed a little attention, it could be family, work, neighbours or anyone else. In the coming week we are to show some love to this person in some small way. My choice for this project was Plant Lady. For about six months I have not even had a conversation with this person in my workplace, we politely say "good morning" and "goodnight" and that about covers it. I don't like having that kind of R with someone in my workplace so I decided that I would put forward the olive branch. Something told me that if I reached out this time she would be receptive. So, today I decided I would drop by her office and start a conversation. After passing by about four times this morning I decided to bite the bullet and break the ice. Well, I couldn't get out of her office! After exchanging greetings etc she wanted to go over a case with me. It was so weird! Tonight when she left, I was standing in the hall talking with a co-worker and she smiled and waved calling out goodnight to me. Strange stuff. I guess she was relieved that the Cold War had ended. I am too, I'm not someone who holds grudges and ignores people but she just made it so damn tempting! So, there is one small R that is in better shape thanks to taking a chance. It's called "doing something different". It's a nice feeling.

R
R
Good on you, wii !! Happy Friday...

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for checking in on my merry antics Donna!
Today I continued my campaign of love and friendliness. When Plant Lady arrived in the morning I was in the hall unlocking a door so as I saw her coming down the hall I called out a good morning. Normally, I would continue with my task and ignore her and she me. This evening once again I was in the hall waiting to leave and chatting with another co-worker and PL came by to go home. She called out a "goodnight, have a good weekend" and I said "hey, hold up a minute, do you know in a few weeks Spring will be here and that means planting season! Yup, all those plants you love to nurture will be coming through these doors once again" So for a minute or two we bantered back and forth about her hatred for all plant life, we haven't done that in ages. It's also interesting to note that now that I have buried the hatchet she is suddenly leaving at the same time as the rest of us. She used to leave 5 minutes early probably to avoid seeing me. Wow, did I ever knock over her little duckies and they were lined up so nicely! So, once again it continues to be a nice feeling knowing that I'm adding something positive to my workplace rather than contributing to the negative.
Anyway, that's about it for Whatis for now.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard