Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Y
Y
((((((Karen))))))),
First all of here's a great big hug for you! I think what I would do first is visit the school administrators in your area to see what the best possible placements for your kids in the event you do have to place them back in public schools. Hopefully, it won't come down to that, but you will be live in the right district if it does.

Be sure to visit with the Special Education Supervisor and see what services they provide. Go visit the school and teachers your students would have. I had a student transfer from out of state last year that is autistic. My supervisor brought his mother by to visit with me before they enrolled him.

Once you find the school that you could live with, check around for affordable housing. Hopefully, it won't come down to you having to place them in public schools if you don't want to, but be prepared in the event that you have to. Don't let your H decide what school they go to, obviously he's not up on their educational needs. Who better to be their advocate than you?

Hugs, Yoyo

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

K
K
Sorry about your cold and your taste of the mid-west winter. Your H just thinks he knows everything, I don't know how you do it or even did it for 19 years. I mean really cute can't be everything!! lol

I got the movie so Friday night or Saturday night works for me. You are a gem Karen and don't you forget it!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yoyo, that is what my H is thinking. I emailed him why does that matter and he emailed back: because one or both the kids could be in school whether the judge decides it or economic realities require it, with you having equal or primary custody.

We tried to get services for my son when he was in school and the only thing we were able to get was Speech. And she couldn't meet with him half the year b/c too busy (had 120 kids in different schools she was supposed to see each week).! Florida doesn't have much in our area. I have a friend that lives in South Florida and they do have some schools there for autistic kids. Otherwise, mostly in our state they send them to private schools that are $15,000 or more or homeschool.

If he just actually gave a crap about the kids' education, I would feel better, but what he is really focused on is $$ and how he can keep the most money for he and OW. Cute is wearing thin right now, in fact, I'm over it. I don't know how I did it so long, but it has gotten worse the last 2 years or so since OW. I think it's like an addict and he sees me as keeping him from living the wonderful, happy life with OW that he wants. Karen

Last edited by karen43; 02/05/09 06:12 PM.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Any idea how much longer this will all take? At this rate you are going to go longer than mine! Are his hangups child support and alimony? Is this guy so money hungry that he can't even do the right thing with his own kids?? Hard to fathom.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
H
H
Taking a break and checking to see how you're doing.

I think that at the very least, from the sound of it, you can be comfortable in thinking that he does not intend to go for full custody. From what you have said before, I don't think he ever intended to.

So thats a good thing. As for the rest, he sounds no different than what he's sounded like in the past.

Making his controlling of you sound like good advice. Problem is that you recognize it now.

Me 47, WW 38
SS18, D15, D10

Good Bye Girl. No longer SAYING she's moving out. GBG moved out 8-1-08

"I have now decided to enjoy life instead of figure it out."

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: kat727
Any idea how much longer this will all take? At this rate you are going to go longer than mine! Are his hangups child support and alimony? Is this guy so money hungry that he can't even do the right thing with his own kids?? Hard to fathom.

kat
Well, he's very self-focused; his family is like that too. I remember his sister divorced her 1st H partially b/c of money, she said something like he couldn't support her in the lifestyle to which she was accustomed to me. I think money is important to them. His dad is an L and his mom was a college prof. My dad was the caretaker type and I learned that from him, you focus on family & kids rather than money. I think we are both extremes, and I'm trying to be less extreme about that. I think we just turned into our parents I guess. I don't know how I made it through 19 years. No wonder I got depressed!!!

BTW, Friday might be better for me if ok with you. H is taking the kids to a race he's doing and then dropping them off at lunch Saturday. He is going to take them this Sunday also he says. Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: hopeful4her
So thats a good thing. As for the rest, he sounds no different than what he's sounded like in the past.

Making his controlling of you sound like good advice. Problem is that you recognize it now.
You're right. I just think if he's 100% vested in me moving to his town 20 miles away, how bout if I wind up getting a job and moving thousands of miles away???? Not in his plans, I don't think.... Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Does he know it is a possiblity? I am getting taxes done tomorrow night. If you are up for a later start I am still game, say 9:00 your time?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
N
N
(((Karen)))

Your H is like my W: delusional.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: kat727
Does he know it is a possiblity? I am getting taxes done tomorrow night. If you are up for a later start I am still game, say 9:00 your time?

kat
I would think so b/c I've had talks with D9 and S15 about moving. They both said they would want to move with me. The C has talked to them about it this last time too. I wonder if they haven't said anything though b/c they know H has a temper and to protect me or themselves or something. To be honest I'm a tiny bit scared of H if I'm honest, and moving would prob. give me a little bit of relief from that. I think sometimes he's a little mental or something. But maybe just control issues I don't know.

Friday sounds fine Kat b/c I won't have the kids which makes it easier & more fun, and 9:00 9:30 or 10 (if you take as long as me) is fine with me!!! Just let me know when you're done maybe--I could check your thread or something? Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard