Print Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: AmyC
Quote:
She paid $1,000 and I paid the rest ($3,000).

Well if all your other bills are caught up, I reckon that makes sense.

I took out a short term loan that I can pay off in March. The dealer is a friend of the family and took a 60 day note. It was a compromise.

Current Thread

A
A
All right Frank here's what I see:

By your own admission this is child who doesn't do a damn thing around the house unless she is told to.

By your own admission, your finances are shot to hell.

Yet you so want to be the good guy, the hero, that you went into further debt to appease a kid who won't load a f'in dishwasher.

Frank, you didn't do this for her.

You did this for you.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: AmyC
All right Frank here's what I see:

By your own admission this is child who doesn't do a damn thing around the house unless she is told to.

By your own admission, your finances are shot to hell.

Yet you so want to be the good guy, the hero, that you went into further debt to appease a kid who won't load a f'in dishwasher.

Frank, you didn't do this for her.

You did this for you.

Your point is well taken.

She paid $1,000 down which was all she had. I'm making her pay $200 per month until it's paid off. She earns about $400 per month babysitting. We got a car worth about $5,000 for $3,500.

I thought it was a good compromise.

Last edited by frank_D; 02/05/09 12:23 AM.

Current Thread

A
A
Loading the dishwasher without being told to for the next few months while earning another thou would have taught her a better lesson but that was your call to make.

So your insurance went up how much and who is paying for that?

You can just answer to yourself.

Better yet, you should go get to work on those projects.

S
S
Frank, you need to hold her accountable to that payment. If she misses a payment she has to have consequences and you need to clearly lay them out ahead of time. IMO it should be something along the lines of no pay...no drive.

I also get that your thinking by march you will have more income because of closing out jobs, and this should be tremendous incentive to work even harder right now.

I am not so sure about the whole placating thing, I personally believe that people go at their own pace and some take longer than others to push through the brick wall. I guess when you get sick and tired of your head bleeding you will do so.

One thing that strikes me however is this. Your wife still seems to be on your mind way to much. I don't think it matters that she is being civil. You and I have had this discussion and I will say it again here. She is being pleasant and amicable because it makes being there with you easier. Who the hell wants to live in drama in their home. No one... So she plays house and is pleasant because it makes things easier for her, you, and your kids. So let it go, enjoy the fact that it's not a battle every day and silence at the dinner table. Play nice if it makes things more copasetic at home.....

Hey Jack.....F you........ sorry man but I just wanted to know how it feels to have huge, gigantic, elephantitus balls..... ;\)

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

AmyC #1710245 02/05/09 03:18 AM
S
S
Hey heavy hitters, I know that Frankie boy needs us right now, but could some of you hop over to Surviving and read Ping1's post and offer some of that advice that can only come with time and experience. I would really appreciate it......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard