Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
FA #1675276 12/17/08 01:23 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi FA,

Nothing is going on. I'm full blown into my holiday frenzy. Did a marathon wrapping session today and still have some shopping to do. Bah Humbug.

Check back later.

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
A
A
Hey Spitty!

Woo Hoo! I don't get on here much anymore since all the banishing's took place but I decided to do a quick fly by this morning and saw you had checked in. I just figured I'd drop in and say hi. Yee Haw!

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
S
OP Offline
S
Nice to see you, ALL. You snowed in up there in the Great North yet?

Merry Christmas!

Spitty

Mark Twain
G
G
Spitty, it snowed on me in Vegas on Monday.
U don't have to go north/
And no, I did not go for a walk in the desert, it was too d@mn cold! Gimme 105 degrees anytime!

S
OP Offline
S
Hi GB,

Snow in Vegas. What a bummer! Have I mentioned on this board that I HATE winter? The only thing that makes winter tolerable for me is hockey. Some well-meaning friends have pointed out that cities in the south have hockey teams. I just can't do it. Love my Jackets!

I promised myself I was going to spend Jan and Feb somewhere warm this winter. As usual, my procrastination has led to me sticking around "The Great Gray". Maybe if I get going I could work something out for Feb or March.

Hope your next trip to Vegas is warmer \:\)

Spitty

Mark Twain
G
G
It's going to be warmer Spitty as I just cancelled our next one for the last week of December . Ms $3M came down with the major sickies the morning after we got back, so we are not going to press it. We had a pretty good non stop schedule lined up for the last week into New Year's, and I think it would have really done her in.
I don't think she does well in the steel pressurized tubes with all the germs. (Whereas the germs looks at me and go - Oh, it's him again- another words I've had most of 'em and built up some immunity - or they get zapped by all the chardonnay in my system). So we will try again in the spring.
Just going to kick back, enjoy the holidays around here with the gray skies and take it easy instead.
Hope you enjoy the holidays. May His blessing be upon you and yours and your house too small to hold all your friends.
(Pssst - you can probably get a real good deal down in Orlando in Feb (except around president's day) at the great mouse house on premises hotels and a cheap flight on the D airline - I took DD down a few years back and we were in the pool at midnight with 82 degrees several nights in a row and nobody else was there)((We promise not to tell any of your sons you went without them))

S
OP Offline
S
HowdyGB!

I HATE the germs in the steel pressurized tubes! I become a certifiable Airborne junky when I know I have a trip coming up. It does seem to help fend off the baddies.

Thanks for the holiday wishes. Right back at ya. Oh, yeah and Happy New Year too. Wonder what kind of mischief we can get into next year? \:\)

Cheers,
Spitty

Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone,

Not too much new going on in my life. Somehow I am moving ever so slowly to a great peacefulness about where my life has been and where it is going. It has now been 2 years since my divorce was final. Sometimes all of this feels like it happened thousands of years ago. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. The hurt and anger are present very rarely. I mostly feel compassion for my EX. I'm very happy to be in this place.

Life is good.

Spitty

Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Hi. It's me again. Letting those of you who know me know that I'm still alive and kicking.

Struggling greatly with sons at the moment. I don't care what anyone says, kids are damaged greatly when their family splits apart. It sickens me. There is NO WAY I would want to ever be with XH again. But the price my kids have paid for this divorce is staggering. I hate it! Sorry I can't elaborate at the moment on the nature of the problem.

Well, I feel a little better after that small rant.

If you're so inclined, I could sure use some prayers for strength to get through this latest crisis. And please send up a few for my boys too.

Eternally grateful,

Spitty

Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Hello again. Guess most of you don't know me. I was here awhile ago. My life continues to move forward. I'll be opening a business in a few months as soon as the building renovations are completed.

I want to encourage all of you who are "surviving". It does get easier with time. The most important choice you can make, in my opinion, is to CHOOSE to be happy. Do not allow what happened to you and your marriage, define the rest of your life. Your attitude can shape your future.

Good luck to all of you.

Spitty

Mark Twain
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard