Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
W
WCW Offline
W
Hey um, that post was really unreal. Pretty bad even for ford.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
B
Bad, yes.

Delete it.

Don't ban the guy.

Makes no sense.

Like I said, it's kindergarten all over again. You don't like what we write, delete it. Lord knows they've exercised their deleting powers PLENTY of times since I've been on this board.

But don't send someone packing.

Don't suppose there's any chance that Ford's tirade had to do with some crap he might have been dealing with?

Oh wait, we'll never know. He's been banned.

...great call

Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
J
J
Originally Posted By: Bworl

Lord knows they've exercised their deleting powers PLENTY of times since I've been on this board.

But don't send someone packing.

Don't suppose there's any chance that Ford's tirade had to do with some crap he might have been dealing with?

Ditto

Change the Policy.
Allow PM's
Free all of us.

Also some new and improved emoticons would be nice!

:-)
W
WCW Offline
W
Hey, I don't know ford off this site and am only saying what I saw. Very offensive to any woman even for ford. Maybe one of you could ask ford if there was some other communication between him and Virginia before he was banned. It seems there is usually a way to get reinstated after banning.
Anyway, no reason for me to argue about it with anyone. \:\)

FIB, is it legal to tape a convo/outburst from your W? will it be evidence on your side? Long ago someone suggested a nannycam.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
I hope that not many of you read that post before I deleted it. If you had seen it, there would be no question in your mind that it was extremely vulgar and way out of line. Such language is neither accepted nor tolerated on this site.

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
B
B
Well, by all means, the next time one of my students does something in class that is just WAY out of line, something that no one would EVER tolerate, we'll just boot that kids butt right out of school.

You know, we learn about knee jerk reactions to situations that provoke us inside. We learn that rather than responding in an overly harsh manner, in the heat of our shock over the action, that perhaps we should fix the immediate problem, THEN try to find out why it happened.

Ford has been on this site a long time. He has been befriended by many. His posts are typically short, to the point, and provide a clear, down to earth viewpoint about what's going on. He's been through his version of this ringer, just like most of the rest of us. He is sometimes salty, but this is an adult board, and he has never before written with words that many other s have not also used.

I DID see the post, and it was very coarse. And I know that the one word in particular is quite offensive, particularly to women.

My first thought after saying WOW to myself, was that it sounded like Ford might have been on a bit of drinking spell. I wondered if maybe something bad had happened to him, or if, like many of us, he was simply being revisited by some old ghosts again.

You all wield your power much too much like dictators. I KNOW this is your site. I KNOW you make the rules.

How about you try to find some understanding and compassion too?

Or is that NOT part of how you choose to deal with things?

Did you wonder, even for one single second, if perhaps the person who posted the comment had recently experienced some personal trauma of some kind? Did you think at all to look back at his other posts to see if this is an ongoing pattern of behavior, or if this was something totally off the wall for this person?

Or did you even care?

No one was mortally wounded if they read those words. Offended, yes. And no one should have to read those words. But we are not fragile children here who have never heard such language before. I am not justifying the use of the words.

My point is that there was perhaps more going on here than the words. But I'm not sure that you even cared or considered that.

Not that this is ANYTHING unusual for this place.

Many of us TOLERATE the sometimes incredibly childish way we are treated, because we so value the company of the people we've come to befriend here.

Deleting the post was a good move.

Banning Ford was a knee jerk reaction done by someone who has no interest in the people who inhabit this site.

Blessings,

Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
Well, YIKES!! I missed all the action and dang, I didn't see it...except I read he used the "c" word and Bill, I agree that it clearly needed deleting...but you raise an interesting point about Ford's history and what might have set him off...

Okay, back to FIB...oh wait, what were we talking about??
I literally forgot. I'll go read the posts and come back later...
(( j ))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
J
J
Ford's a smart guy. Willing to bet he knew he might be punished.

We pick our battles and hills.

I disagree with the banning, but eh...it's not my sandbox.

We have another.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Okay I remember...FiB and crazy wife's tirade in front of the kids..and him taping it. I hope she saw the tape recorder cuz it'll shut her up, or make her nuttier and both things benefit you legally, unless she gets tooo crazy. Seriously, you don't have a gun do you? (You can tape her, you consented right? And if you did it in front of her, all the better. She knew she was being taped and went wacko anyhow...great self control...)

She had no excuse for ranting in public and your son and friend must have been mortified. OMG what a nightmare. Have you considered using your L to call her L to discuss things like child care? I KNOW IT COSTS A LOT PEOPLE!! But she's crazy! And if she sees the bills mounting and "her cut shrinking" then maybe she'll get a grip. It's the only thing that will reach her and if it doesn't reach her but at least eases FIB's life, then I say it's money and well spent. (And I'm not even licensed in NY)

how long FIB, how long?? Oh you said about late spring...end of April? So less than 100 days? I want to make a paper chain with links for each day (if you were Christian you'd know that our kids make those for "days until Christmas" but since you are not, I thought I'd tell you)....I WANT TO MAKE A PAPER CHAIN TO FIB'S DAY OF LIBERATION.... and yes I think I'll buy a bottle of bubbly...

((( j )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
S
S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIVNwiq8ls

Is it possible to just have Ford in detention for a week or so and then let him back if he writes an essay explaining what he did wrong in his post?

FIB -

Tough situation man.

I am still reminded of my brother using tape recordings from his answering machine to help get custody of his son. His XW was so full of anger that she used to call the answering machine up just to argue with it. Pretty funny actually to listen to because you could hear her anger building to the point where she would hang up in a rage. Then she would call the answering machine back to continue her rant only to hang up again. When the judge heard it, he just said "Oh my". My brother ended up getting full custody mainly because his X threatened to "kick the ass" of the evaluation counselor if she did not give a good recommendation to the judge. They had an armed guard next to the counselor when they met in front of the judge.

I can only hope that your W messes up big time too and shows her true colors to the divorce court.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard