Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
A
A
HA! OW should've kept her mouth shut-- she and your STBX are in for a rude awakening.

You do sound much better. Kudos for staying busy!

A
ACJ Offline
A
Quote:
oh, but she is !! she's told me that the first thing she was going to do this year was to change her will

Be prepared for the fact that she might also have it written in that as her ex DIL you don't get anything. I know you are close right now but blood and money do funny things to people.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'll be surprised if she leaves my kids any money! I'm not expecting her to leave me a dime at all, I'm pretty sure even in death she wouldnt' want her son to be too mad at her (they only have each other and SIL, no other family at all)
I can only hope she leaves them college money, she is ultra loaded, I hope at least she give them a few ks, but really, I'm not expecting much even for her only grandchildren.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
compared to what others are going my whine is somewhat petty, but I have to vent somewhere!
Despite telling stbx that his gf is not to set foot in my house, he's yet again let it happened! he was late and she was the one who brought the kids clothes and the dog. He's a little bichon who is an indoor door, stbx used to have a key and would drop dog/clothes before he had to go to work. Since he as no key now we have a problem, once i picked dog up (gf was there, son picked dog/stuff up) and a few times stbx picked dog up from my enclosed back porch.
Today he had to go in early and she was the one who dropped the dog and clothes on my back porch. It was freezing and there was no food for the dog, it is an enclosed porched but it is not heated and it can be very cold there, I was so mad when after txting stbx I learned the poor dog was there all day with no food.
The freaking liar told me he dropped him off before work, I learned by my s10 that it was gf who dropped dog off in the morning. ARGHHHH!! why does he have to LIE so much?? I know I shouldnt' expect any better, but it just made me so mad, he is such a looser, grrrrrr @#$@#%$#%$#% I called & he didnt' picked up, just left an vm telling him to not leave the dog on the cold and to tell me if he is unable to drop the dog off, I was so po'd.

ok...ok... ranting over... bleah, I hate it that I'll have to deal with him for years to come...

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
O
O
Simplify.

The kids have two homes now. Clothes can be at both homes, no? The dog lives at one home, end of story.

As far as GF dropping off the dog, the dog would have been in the cold whether GF or H dropped off the dog. I'm not sure why it matters that she did. She has not harmed you. Your pain is not her fault. She did not break up your M. She did not lie to you. H is the one who has treated you badly.

Best,
Oldtimer
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
what boils me OT, is that my wishes are not respected, it is my home and I have a say about who goes there. No, she didnt' break up my M nor destroyed or stole anything when she went to my house, but I see it as a violation of my privacy that she was there, I actually wouldnt' have had a problem with that had stbx just told me he was late and had no choice but had her do it, it is his trying to put one over me that makes me mad.

The dog and my son are a package deal, my son refuses to part with dog, he sleeps with him always, I try to make it so the dog isnt in the porch for more than 4hrs. And he recanted on his offer to buy kids clothes, so all the clothes have to be provided by me (he reminds me that's why he pays child support), he balked when I told him he'd have to buy a nighgown -to keep at his house- for d5. If I dont' send any clothes, I kid you not, he will send them to school for 3 days in a row with the same clothes and then blame me.

Well, I'll try to come up with a salomonic way to exchange the dog.

S
S
Originally Posted By: cat03
Well, I'll try to come up with a salomonic way to exchange the dog.

\:D LOL

That one had me scratching my head!

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
O
O
yes, double LOL :-)

Yeah, I understand about your wishes not being respected on top of more lies. I'd be pretty well P.O.'ed myself. And, for the record, I wouldn't let my XH's GF in the house for a long time, but they got involved while we were still in MC, though I doubt she knew that. Oddly enough, they both helped me and H pack the house up when I moved.

Does your H have partial custody of the kids? I would think having any custody would mean that he should be able to cover food, shelter, and clothing for them. Otherwise, wouldn't he be an unfit parent? Wouldn't your child support payment be higher if you had full custody? He needs to buy them some freaking clothes. What a creep.

I guess I asked about GF not because I thought it was OK for her to bring the dog over, etc... It absolutely wasn't. But rather because I was wondering if that was really a battle you want to fight. STBX will lie and manipulate as long as it is easier for him to do so right now. There will be less reason for him to do so if he doesn't have to worry about managing you with respect to his GF, if that makes any sense. Maybe if he feels like he can be more honest with you, things will get to a better place, which would be better for you and the kids.

Best,
Oldtimer
C
cat03 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Steve, he also has custody of the dog (yes, it is on the sep. agreement) so we have to exchange dog/kids at about the same time.

They helped you pack OT? yikes, that must've been odd. Stbx has partial custody (2-3days a week)and at the time he promised he'd buy clothes and stuff so he could claim one of the kids as dependant, later on came the "I dont' have money, I can't buy them clothes" and now is not even an issue. He never did buy d5 pajamas, he gave her MIL's old 2X shirt to wear, yes, 2X, the thing swallowed her 3x around.

No, it's not a battle I want to fight, he normally is the one dropping things off. When he is around her he is a jerk, when she istn' he is half reasonable. He never did give me the benefit of a doubt, he rather lie than chance any trouble, no matter how I understanding I was, instead of a long explanation (I was late, had to go to court, gf dropped the stuff/dog today) he took the easy way out (I dropped dog before work).
He lyies as he breathes, it's second nature.

Anyways.... nice to see you again OT, it's been a while \:\) Well, guess I'm getting used to this madness, trying to not aks s10 any questions about them, I dont' want to know. It's still a fight though to NOT think of them/her/past/where I went wrong, I was past that until he brought her to live with him.

Well, next week, the 19, is when he can file, he already has stuff rolling, I will sign Feb 1 so I can have one more of health insurance free before I get my own and pay for it. I know he'll balk and complain, but if I dont' have to pay for one month then he can wait 10 days, I'm pretty sure he'll threaten to serve me or something though I think when you are serve you have at least 30 days to reply, so the joke will be on him.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
L
L
I don't allow the ow in my home either. I consider my home my safety zone and that is one boundary I won't let go of no matter how immature it may seem.

I know how you feel cat... but, I wish that my D would get to wear the stuff I send with her. Instead she wears hand-me-downs from ow's kids... She has come home a couple times lately in stuff with holes in it.. It went straight into the trash!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard