Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
H
H
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: JCJ
Hi PDT

I was so so pleased to read your update. It really struck a chord with me when you said you just hugged your wife. That gesture of a hug showed your strength and it showed how your wife how much you cared. You went beyond the natural reaction of 'proving' your point. It takes a good, strong and special person to just give like that and respond to your loved ones needs in that way. Also, speaking as a woman - or maybe just for me - when you are that overwrought a hug can go a looong way. Actions rather than words...

Wow, I'm really impressed.

Wow -- thanks. I was thinking about this this morning while driving and praying. I am humbled by my ability to do this, and I FULLY acknowledge that this is NOT me "in my flesh," so to speak, but rather God answering my prayer to "please help me," and the Holy Spirit working thru me.

Trust me, this was NOT what I felt like doing at the moment, LOL!!!

Puppy

Yes!! This is what doing ministry is like--you pray and open yourself and find yourself doing and saying things that didn't first pass through your brain. Lean on that!! If you are open it will happen, over and over and over. If you don't know what to do or say or you feel overwhelmed, just empty yourself of yourself, leave agendas at the door, open your heart to the Spirit and miracles WILL happen. I promise--I've experienced it.
In fact, you will begin to count on it!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama

Yes!! This is what doing ministry is like--you pray and open yourself and find yourself doing and saying things that didn't first pass through your brain. Lean on that!! If you are open it will happen, over and over and over. If you don't know what to do or say or you feel overwhelmed, just empty yourself of yourself, leave agendas at the door, open your heart to the Spirit and miracles WILL happen. I promise--I've experienced it.

This just fascinates me. I figure, if God can speak thru an ASS or use a TAX COLLECTOR, He can certainly use ME sometimes, eh? ;\)

K
K
Hey I think you are are going to be fine. I almost hate to ask if you were lucky enough to be frisky again today? If you take my full nickname add what the ugly ducking became, at sounds like yoohoo, you will find me. I am sure that was more eloquent before but I'm still sick. Bear with me. \:\)

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: JeffSTL
Hey Puppy, just wanted you to know I'm here, watching your post I continue to lurk but have few insights on what works. I do remember you when I pray for everyone here in DB land. How can you forget a person by the name of PUPPY

So strange, this world of ours, maybe I think too much and don't pray enough, I see the strenght you have, I wish you luck. Please remember to do something just for yourself, those that give and give and give without doing anything for themselves burn out quick. You have helped so many here and you continue to be an inspiration to a lot of us, we have all been touched by your words your prayers and the insight you have provided.

I know everyone here is concerned for you, God Bless Puppy

Thanks, Jeff. Just knowing that people are reading my words, and following my sitch, is very humbling and -- as SG will tell you -- has been something that is KEENLY on my mind as I try to work things out. There is a certain "accountability" to our little group here, and you feel the burden of other people's hopefulness, and looking to you to lead the way and make your own sitch work.

Mine has been FAR from a graceful, straightline arc of success (OK, I'm mixing my geometrical metaphors here \:\/ ), but maybe that's even more like real life, and helpful to others???

Puppy

H
H
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails

This just fascinates me. I figure, if God can speak thru an ASS or use a TAX COLLECTOR, He can certainly use ME sometimes, eh? ;\)

LOL! No doubt!! Just look at the apostles--hardly a stellar group. Surely they were a source of discouragement to Jesus, and they abandoned him in his hour of greatest need. And often they just didn't GET it. (I'm biased, but seems to me the women of the group had a better understanding!) But with great help, they managed, and here we are 2000 years later. It isn't about the quality of the vessel, but rather its willingness.

Last edited by hoosiermama; 01/06/09 02:17 PM.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
J
JWM Offline
J
Puppy, I am overwhelmed right now reading and catching up on your situation. I had not kept up because I thought it was over for you. God is working in all of our lives.

Before I forget...CONGRADULATIONS!!! You are such an inspiration to us all.

The "hug" you gave your wife...it just resonates so much with me right now. Two nights ago my W and I talked about our pending separation and setting up visitation for D7. After it was done, we were both sad. I took her hand, pulled her to me, and hugged her. I was so afraid she would pull away...she didn't and just hugged me closer. It was the first time that we had touched each other in months. It felt so good.

We are closer now, but I'm still afraid to touch her though I want too.

You have helped me so much...

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
P
OP Offline
P
It isn't about the quality of the vessel, but rather its willingness.

I love that!!!!

P
OP Offline
P
John,

One can never get enough hugs, I believe. Or chocolate-chip cookies.

Puppy

W
W
Hey Puppy,

You are still in my prayers! Remember, with God nothing is impossible! You can do this.

WP

P
P
Puppy,

If you're happy, then I'm happy. I'm glad you are giving it another shot and things are going well. The fact that she was so mad and you had the big fight is great news; much better than a ho-hum, let's try retrouvaille. Keep in mind that some things won't change. She likely won't become someone that's all over you showering you with PT....but hopefully you'll meet in the middle.

There is one thing I disagree with though

Quote:
"Seven Pounds" (GREAT movie!!!),

You must have been all high from ML and flying...because this was a snoozer. Okay movie at best.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard