Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
A
A
ID is really snowy right now...when do you leave?

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Aud! We leave on Friday morning. We are going across Idaho from Spokane, WA to Butte, MT, along Hwy 90. Probably stop off to sleep in Missoula, MT. What's the weather like up in northern ID on Friday?

I am starting to wonder if it's a good idea to go, but I so want to see my D28. I haven't done so since 2006. And we have travelled in this kind of weather before. Just hope we get there before Christmas.

What to do, what to do????

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
A
A
Mmmm...I'm down south, but I looked up the panhandle's weather, and it looks about the same as here: snowy, cold.

Just take your time, enjoy the ride, and be safe. \:\)

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
P
P
Good luck in Spokane and eastward. A lot of school closures, limited travel, etc. Be careful, take your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM<
enjoy seeing your D, hope all goes well and you arrive safely. Is your H still being supportive?

#1679961 12/23/08 11:16 PM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all! Well, we did make it to our destination safely. Was quite a trip through South Dakota and Wyoming - windy and blowing snow on the roads. A bit touchy in Idaho, but not for long. We surely did take our time.

H is still supportive, thanks for asking, bizarre. He is still somewhat distant on an emotional level. He will not 'fight' for me, or put himself out there in that way. There is very little romance, or gentleness (unless I'm having a seizure). He never tells me he loves me unless it's at the end of a conversation. That is something I have noticed recently.

But ... I am not going to allow myself to worry about these things. He must do what he must do. I have come to the conclusion that life is too short to worry about his motives, or why he does this or that. I doubt if he truly loves me 'in that way', but he is there as a treasured family member. I know he worries about me and is concerned especially for the children's sake. I cannot and will not ask for more.

Novel over. Hope y'all are having a blessed season. \:\)

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Quote:
He never tells me he loves me unless it's at the end of a conversation.

I meant at the end of a telephone convo, if anyone was wondering. \:\/

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We're going back home via MO, North CO, Salt Lake City UT, Yakima WA, Seattle then onto the ferry to Vancouver Island. If that's your route, can ya let me know what the weather is like please? We leave early New Year's Day.

Otherwise, things are going alright, except I had two seizures on Saturday while out with my D28. They weren't too bad, thank goodness, 'cause I have no med, insurance covering my going to hospital for this condition in the USA. So, I have instructed her not to call 911 ... hardly worth it, anyway, since there's not much they can do except monitor my symptoms.

It has been great, however, seeing my D28 and grand-daughters again after 2 years. We got to get to know our son-in-law a bit better too. He seems to always be away when we come visit.

Hope you all had wonderful Christmases and next is the New Year. Woohoo! We'll be on the road, but I'm sure we'll see fireworks on the eve in the area we're staying.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
P
P
Sounds like a great trip. Things are pretty much bare and dry all the way from here all the way over Snoqualamie. Things look pretty good through the Blue Mountains. I you come up along the Columbia, Satus is traction tires advised, but looks pretty do-able. Of course do the passes during the day, much easier to handle. If you get in a jam, don't be afraid to call. I'll be in town till Friday, then I'll be up in your neck of the woods late Friday, through the weekend.

I hope this trip is giving you and H a bit of a chance to reconnect. Hopefully he is showing you some of the affection he has been afraid to show.

If you folks need help, don't be afraid to call, I'm in the book.

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks, Phoenix! Much appreciated. \:\)

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard