Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
S
Ian,

Yes, you were always a rock for me months ago when I so needed that. I too just saw this thread today and was able to catch up on your sitch. I'm sorry for you bro. Just take solice in the fact that your daughter has you, a stable parent and great role model. Everything else will sort out in time, of that I'm sure.

Just keep on hanging in there and let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Steve

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
G
G
Ian, the remarkable thing about turning 40, I've found, is the ability to function as both mother and father without skipping a beat. Hat's off to you, PopMum, for being there for Tawny, and to her for KNOWING that she could turn to you. (Given all the choices out there for numbing the pain ). Peace.

G
G
PopMum..

What Goldey said...

*hugs*

S
S

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
OK, so do not go and see Marley and Me if you are expecting a cute kids movie.....It isn't.

I took Ross to see it today and by the end of the movie was in tears and wiping my eyes. I will not ruin it for anyone, but it was by far one of the saddest movies I have seen in a long time. Even Ross sniffled at the end of it and this is a kid who does not cry easy.

Parts of it were also disturbing because of the arguing between the husband and wife in the movie. Overall, not a good experience for me.

Not a lot out of Carrie this week. She left me a message xmas morning asking me to call back so she could "talk to the kids, or Ross anyway." Pretty pathetic.

It was bad enough that she had been gone since the previous Friday and not even called her son in a week. For those of you who do not know Carrie took the OM home to meet her parents. To be honest it was in the back of my mind the entire week and really bothered the hell out of me.

It may be very selfish of me, but that piece of shitt was at my other parents home, eating xmas eve dinner with my family, and sharing xmas day with my wife. Very disturbing stuff for me and truthfully, very hard to swallow this week.

Anyway, Christmas was good here. The kids and I started our own traditions and did things the way we wanted to rather than the usual ways that we have in the past. It was very nice having my kids here with me, but I still deep down had to hold the emotion a few times since it was my first christmas without Carrie in 17 years. I don't think I will ever completely understand why it is that I still feel anything for her...... She doesnt deserve my love......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

E
E
so..I have to know..did you actually send that text to Carrie?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
so..I have to know..did you actually send that text to Carrie?

Of course not.... I wanted to really really bad, but am a better man than that.....

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

G
G
Hey Ian..

*hugs*

I feel sad that this time was difficult to you.. and always impressed at how you handle things, how upfront you are in sharing how you feel.

What type of new traditions did you start with the kids?

S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
What type of new traditions did you start with the kids?

Well, my kids are older and fully aware of who Santa really is so we decided that they could open all gifts Christmas Eve and we would only do stockings Christmas morning. The normal as a family in the past was to open gifts xmas eve and also to have Santa for their big gifts. Being that mom wasn't here with us it kind of lost it's luster this year.

I of course load their stockings up pretty good so some of the big gifts are in there as well. With teenagers the important gifts seem to be the gift cards to their favorite stores and such.

After they went through their stockings I cooked them a pancake and Latkas (jewish potato cakes) breakfast. We have always intertwined the fact that they are half Jewish and half Baptist. We spent the rest of the morning playing Rockband. I scored a 97% on the vocals for the song Roxanne by the Police....yay me...

It was difficult, it IMO will always be difficult to not continue a family tradition as a family. Oh well, another unnecessary piece of collateral damage from the bomb. I can tell you that I was extremely grateful for all of the texts from my friends on this board, that really helped hold things together.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

G
GFI Offline
G
Hi there Ian - just flying by to wish you all the best for the remainder of the Christmas holiday and most important to wish you the very best for the New Year!

And how anyone who isn't from the UK can get that score - given that Sting is a bloke with his head up his tancrit whatsit is beyond me! Well done!

KBO - GFI

Me: 40ish
W: 40ish
Together: 20 ish years
Married: 10ish Years

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard