Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
M
M
Quote:
think I could teach the dog how to vacuum?

If you find a way to do that let me know. Of course, my little tiny dog couldn't begin to reach the vacuum (minature daschund).

Sounds like things are crazy for you. Sorry the X isn't cooperating with your efforts. What a PITA! When does your Christmas break begin?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
OK, now I know that I am coming out of the tunnel. I just laughed so hard, I cried! And, its 2:46 in the MORNING!! I can't remember the last time that happened...hell, its been just over 2 years since the world as I knew it changed, so I am sure it is longer than that.

I worried the dog and woke up my D, who came out to see what was wrong. A new reason for tears to be streaming down my face!

Now, what was so funny?

That worries me a little.....

Here I am, surfing the web when I should be sleeping. Damn cold and meds has me all upside down.

I go to the website "Best Week Ever"

Now, this is when it gets....disturbing.

They show a pic and say DON'T share it with your mom - the same guy who put together that gross, intriguing show Bodies, has skinned and mounted...

one of Santa's reindeers.

NO, that isn't what I was laughing at - it was actually kind of nasty.

But I scrolled down to read the first posted comment, and I just couldn't stop laughing:

Quote:
Remember the movie Prancer starring Obnoxious Child and professional surly dad Sam Elliott? I don’t even like that movie and this makes me want to go watch it and hold my Mr. Bear tightly. And call my mom to tell me everything’s going to be okay. PRANCER, NO!

P to tha S, nothing made me laugh harder today than Creepy Skinned Head peeping out over Creepy Skinned Reindeer. He’s all “sup y’all. You taking pictures? That’s cool, that’s cool. I’ll just be over here. I don’t have skin.”

Now, in retrospect, not all that funny, I mean, tears-down-my-cheeks funny. But man, that felt good!!

OK, so who wants to psychoanalyze THAT?

(and here I was just noticing this morning how flat/numb my emotions have been as of late, now that I'm not as torn-up about the sitch...)

ANYway....maybe its all the fever making me loopy! I have to put myself to bed.

O
O
Great to think about you laughing so hard \:D

Best,
Oldtimer
M
M
OMG Donna!!!! I giggled a little reading that too. I guess we both could use some psych help huh?

I've been wondering how you were doing with the illness. I hope you're doing better today.

Give me a call anytime sweetie! Muwah!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

R
OP Offline
R
Quickie...

Been sick. Went from my stomach to my throat / palette, which is killing me. Still have a fever. Blech.
Got lots of XMas shopping done today, in spite of that. I was one of those crazy people lined up outside Walmart, then Target, starting at 6:30 AM. Almost done.
DIDN'T get all the work done in the house I wanted, but did buy the tree. It is outside in a bucket of water which is, of course, now frozen solid. Duh.

Kids came home. D lost a tooth Sat night, but insisted on bringing it home. S came in and stood and hugged me for almost a full 5 minutes. He doesn't have to say a word.

Other than that, things are pretty normal. I feel normal, which is good. I did skip a women's brunch and church today because of my cold and the shopping I had to do, so I will have to make more efforts on getting back out there tomorrow. There is a party tomorrow night for church, and a work party Tues night. We'll see.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

M
M
I'm glad to hear you are on the mend Donna! It's so awful to be sick especially at this time of year.

When is the last day of school up there?

Yeah, DUH! The tree is frozen in the bucket now. \:\) Oh well, hopefully it won't do too much damage to it. It's already dead anyway.

6:30a at Walmart and Target???? Why???? Did they have some last ditch big sale? I hadn't heard anything about it.

Your kids sure did make it known where they consider their home to be. Your daughter wouldn't allow the tooth fairy to come to her dad's place and your son showed you just how much he missed you. That's brilliant! It must make you feel very blessed and loved. Awesome!

Get back to church ASAP Donna. As soon as you are well. I have missed the last two weeks because of various obligations and just feeling crappy in general and I'm feeling the spiritual lacking right now. I'm sure you are the same. You need to feed that part of your soul whenever possible.

Have a wonderful start to your week.

Take care!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

R
OP Offline
R
I just got home from work. I am dragging, just tired, and the cold isn't helping. One ear is getting clogged, and my throat is still on fire. It hurts to swallow.

The kids at school were fine. I actually had not one but 2 nice visits from my principal, the one who NEVER even makes it upstairs, let alone into my room. Even got 24 glue sticks out of the deal!

My kids stayed home today, neither of them feeling well. It is hard to make the adjustment back to school after their father's place. D did everything on her list, and S, well, some of it, anyway.

I have a women's group party tonight, with a grab bag \:\) I have to say, I like gifts, giving and getting.

My head is muddled...maybe I'lll clear up and be on later....

S
S
Donna,

I don't know how we both caught the same disease living so far apart. But you've described my symptoms exactly. I'm starting to think that it is strep. My throat has been hurting for over a week.

M
M
Feel better Donna and have a good time tonight. Grab bag is fun!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

R
OP Offline
R
So, the cold / sore stomach went right into strep, complete with a fever. The antibiotics seem to be taking hold today, thankfully.

I was down today. SO much left to do around the house. I still don't have outside lights up, and nothing inside. The kids did some of their list, but not all of it, and that was begrudgingly. I keep doing laundry, but have to fold a mountain, now, and a lot of it is wrinkled. Plus, S ran a load through with a pen that exploded on everything - ruined the whole load.

I almost got called in by my principal last week. That is never a good thing, and makes me squirm. I have to put my big girl panties on and grow the hell up - no one around to help me pick up the pieces, anymore. I don't like being in the world alone, I think. That is what's been getting to me. Alone with my house, the kids, my job, all the responsibilities, with no one to run ideas past, share the burdens with.

And it all feels broken, with no chance of it ever being fixed, not like it was. My kids will always be from that broken home, that broken place...it was the first time that I admitted that this whole mess can't ever be fixed again; its too late, too much has been done. Not that there was ever even the slightest indication from him that he would even want to try. As my IC said, he not only closed the door in my face, he slammed it shut after a lot of very nasty, mean things. I guess tonight was just a peek back at that closed door - yep, still padlocked.

As I sat there tonight, I kept asking Why? And, regretting all the things that I did wrong to react to this situation. That my reactions had actually sealed it, made it more final, drove him to think that he was doing the best thing.
It doesn't even matter, though. In the end, he is coming up on three years in this relationship with the ow/gf. They live together, and he is helping raise her kids. The fat lady sung a long, long time ago.

The trigger seems to be work, and feeling overwhelmed by the holidays. So, a plan in place for the kids to pitch in on a more consistent basis. And, I'll get done what I get done around the house - so be it.

Hope all is well with y'all...

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard