Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Yoyowife #1673360 12/14/08 06:24 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the support. You all are the best!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Yoyowife #1673385 12/14/08 07:12 PM
S
S
Hi Yoyo,

I am sitting here nursing a sore throat. I start in the morning with hot Throat Coat tea, and work my way to hot mulled wine in the afternoon. And reading Twilight. I'm enjoying it, but I keep wondering if it is good to portray such an obsessive, stalking love story as romantic. Not to even mention the "You should be afraid of me", "I'm fine." chatter as love. But it is a pleasant read. Just not good for role modeling.

Last night was my husband's office Xmas party. I said that since I was sick, I would stay home, and he should go without me. He wouldn't go. Said it wasn't important for him to go. (Two years ago when we were on the rocks, and our office parties conflicted, it was the most important social event of the decade, and my fault that he missed it). So I said "Fine, I'll take some advil and we'll both go, because you should be there." So we went and had a good time. We got the dancing going, and he even did the twist with some secretary who asked him. (There will be pictures.) And I won a gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory. Maybe I should take some advil, it did make me feel better.

Sara #1673609 12/15/08 01:46 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Sara,
Sorry to hear about your throat. Last time I had a sore throat it turned out to be strep, so keep an eye on it.

I too liked Twilight, but was disturbed that Bella wanted to become a vampire. All I could think about was what about her parents? I saw the movie and must admit I was a little disappointed. I believe if I had not read the book first, I would not have care for it all. Of course though we all know it is rare that a movie is ever as good as the book. One thing that I do like about the books is that I'm seeing teens reading these books who seldom ever just read for pleasure.

I'm glad that you were able to make it to the office party. It sounds like you had a good time once you got there. Cheesecake, yum, can't go wrong with that!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

Yoyowife #1673626 12/15/08 02:09 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Last night H and I attended a Christmas party of one of his business associates. He has become pretty good friends of this man and his wife during our separation. I'll call them John and Jane Doe. I just met them this past summer. They are really nice people. It was after I met them that I found out that H had taken the skank around them. Honestly, I was embarassed when I found out because it made me feel foolish that they had been around the whore also. When I found out, I asked H if Jane was friends with the OW, because if she was, I didn't want to go around them anymore. I did not want to put Jane on the spot of having to "choose" between us. He told me they were not.

After I got to know Jane we discussed the OW. She told me that once she met me, it made her really mad that my H had brought the OW to her house. She told her H that she would not allow my H to bring her around anymore.

Well, last night at the party I was talking to Jane and she told me that the skank had called her H to see if she could get some of his homemade bbq sauce. It made Jane very mad. She told John that she didn't want him having anything to do with the "country gold digging whore". Later Jane told this to my H also. She let Brad know how worthless she thought the whore was. She told him you have a good wife who loves you so much. She is the mother of your children. I would not have put up with half of what she has put up with. He said I know. She gave him several truth darts. He listened and got defensive a couple of times. Jane told my H, I choose Yoyo. Youa are never to bring the gold digger around me anymore. John at one time looked at Jane and told her to stop. Not sure why the whore called John. Maybe it was her way of trying to get on good terms with John and Jane thinking it would help her with my H. All it did was infuriate Jane that the whore was calling her H!

As we were leaving John came up and hugged me and kissed me bye. He also hugged my H. Then he looked at us both and said I love you both, I wish you could work it out. But, if you can't you need to move on and quit treating her like this. By this time I was crying. John kissed me and said I didn't mean to make you cry. My H hugged me and kissed me. He actually told me he loved me. I said, but are you in love with me? He said yes, I love you.

On the way home H wanted me sit right next to him in the SUV. I moved over one time and he told me to come closer to him.

It turned out to be an expensive night. We hit a deer about a half mile from our house. We see deer on our street all the time. It tore up my bumper pretty bad. I'm just glad DD17 didn't hit it in her car. I told her to make sure that she goes very slowly down the street.

So a very interesting night over all...

Yoyowife #1673680 12/15/08 03:28 AM
K
K
How wonderful! I so admire your friend for standing up for good morals and marriage over: being polite I guess or whatever would lead people to pretend it's ok that an H has a girlfriend. I think they tend to hang out with people that don't have much morals I would guess, and it's so good that someone with morals and courage stood up for you and your marriage like that. I resolve to do the same if that ever happens to me, even though probably most people just kind of look the other way or don't want to hurt skank feelings or something like that. Karen

Last edited by karen43; 12/15/08 03:28 AM.

Me 53
D18, S24
karen43 #1673731 12/15/08 04:57 AM
S
S
Wow! So why does your H have to go hunting if he can just kill them with the car on the street?! Do you get to keep the meat if you kill it like that?

I like Jane and John a lot. Sometimes an intervention like that is just what the WAS needs. Someone to confirm that his wife is the right choice. And I love the "country gold-digging whore" name-calling. I hope he heard it. Of course, that's exactly what she is. CGDW.

Just heard my father is in the hospital. I'm too sick to go visit. Something else to worry about.

Yoyowife #1673796 12/15/08 11:47 AM
M
M
Thanks, Yoyo. I just haven't felt like starting a new thread since I am still in a rut, but I am ok. Been somewhat sad thinking about the holidays, but D18 and I are going to be with family out of state. It's low key this year.

What are your plans?

Matilda2 #1673940 12/15/08 04:05 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Sara,
How is your father? Please keep us updated. It's difficult enough to have a loved one in the hospital, but around the holidays makes it ever worse.

Yes, Jane did tell H that she thought OW was a CGDW. She didn't hold back. I'm sure it's the first time someone other than me had told him the truth.

As far as the deer go, this is the third time a deer has ran out in front of my car in the past week or so. I guess they were bound and determined to get hit. This time there were three and H hit the last one of the group. Some people do take them, but that means you would have to either clean it right then or refrigerate it. We did not do either. H is more into hunting for the sport of it than the meat. He usually gives it away if someone wants it.

Yoyowife #1673943 12/15/08 04:08 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Mattie,
So good to hear from you. I understand what you mean about being in a rut. The holidays can be a stressful time. I'm so glad you have family and DD to spend them with.

We went out of town for Thanksgiving, but plan on staying home for Christmas. I need to start planning my menu soon!

Hugs, Yoyo

Yoyowife #1674057 12/15/08 06:00 PM
S
S
Hi Yoyo,

My father is 87 years old with only one kidney. And the CT scan showed a stone in the kidney. Maybe that's why he wasn't drinking anything. I don't know. They have him rehydrated, and they are going to do dialysis, and then they will deal with the stone. If he had continued with his not eating and not drinking (he doesn't seem to get hungry anymore) the doctors say he would have been dead in one more day. Anyway, it's out of his control now.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard