Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Finally got the internet at my apartment, although I haven't had time to use it. It is one less thing I have to worry about though.

My workout room is up and running! Yay! I have been running and then doing weights....and my arms and abs hurt BAD today...but that's a good thing right? I already feel better even after just a few days of exercising again.

I got an email from FIL saying he really wanted to see me over the holidays. He wants me to let him know if that is ok...he was the one saying it would be better for me NOT to see them for a while to help in my detachment. Not sure what I will do. I would like to see them sometime but I am not so sure now is a good time for that.

Today after one of our meetings one of the "higher-ups" asked if I could come into his office for a minute. I had no clue what he could have wanted since I don't even deal with his department much. Anyway, he said that there was a vacancy coming up in his department and he thinks it would be a really good opportunity for me if I was interested. He thinks it could really help advance my career and expose me to some different things. I told him I was VERY interested and he said he would see what he could do and also told me the people to talk to about it. I am pretty excited about this and it also gives me something to focus on.

Kris
M
M
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Opportunities abound for you my dear. I'm so glad to hear it.

The exercise is very much a good thing no matter how bad you're hurting right now. I have to get back into a regime ASAP. I've put back on 15 pounds of what I had lost because I have been lazy and not watching my diet (said as I sit here eating a handful of M&M's!).

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

E
E
Originally Posted By: klm
Finally got the internet at my apartment, although I haven't had time to use it. It is one less thing I have to worry about though.

My workout room is up and running! Yay! I have been running and then doing weights....and my arms and abs hurt BAD today...but that's a good thing right? I already feel better even after just a few days of exercising again.

I got an email from FIL saying he really wanted to see me over the holidays. He wants me to let him know if that is ok...he was the one saying it would be better for me NOT to see them for a while to help in my detachment. Not sure what I will do. I would like to see them sometime but I am not so sure now is a good time for that.

Today after one of our meetings one of the "higher-ups" asked if I could come into his office for a minute. I had no clue what he could have wanted since I don't even deal with his department much. Anyway, he said that there was a vacancy coming up in his department and he thinks it would be a really good opportunity for me if I was interested. He thinks it could really help advance my career and expose me to some different things. I told him I was VERY interested and he said he would see what he could do and also told me the people to talk to about it. I am pretty excited about this and it also gives me something to focus on.

I love it when the frinkin worm turns..it's so good for the PMA..all the sucky stuff happens..one, two three then suddenly things turn and good things happen...

good for you....

and exercise for me..none the last few weeks..gonna try to get back into it starting tonight..

S
S
The job stuff is awesome Kris! Good things come to good people in the end. Definite PMA boost!

Hit that workout room hard, it does wonders! Were it not for treadmills I would be one stressed out dude! However, don't wait showing off your new BF until you are ripped. Show the X what you are capable of bagging!! \:\)

Mishka, as for M&Ms in the diet plan, eat the peanut variety! Two years ago my doc told me that I would have to start taking cholesterol medication because my "good" cholesterol was low. Said that was genetics and the only thing that would bring it up was diet, excercise, medication, and eating NUTS. Since then the only "treat" I've allowed myself on a regular basis has been peanut M&Ms & I've brought my good cholesterol up to within the good range! Yay! No meds! I'm thinking beer might be the trick too but doc just didn't want to admit it. ;\)

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Mishka, the exercise can help with depression too. I know you were talking about that on your thread. It also gives you more energy. I know it is hard to find the time but you could do 10 minute blocks here and there.

Quote:
I love it when the frinkin worm turns..it's so good for the PMA..all the sucky stuff happens..one, two three then suddenly things turn and good things happen...

I know, it does seem like when things are bad...EVERYTHING starts going bad....but the same thing seems to happen when things are good. Hopefully I can ride out the good stuff for a while.

Quote:
The job stuff is awesome Kris! Good things come to good people in the end. Definite PMA boost!

The guy that talked to me earlier just made a special trip to my office to ask me what I decided. I told him I was interested and he said I needed to act quick before someone else scoops up this opportunity. I will talk to the appropriate people tomorrow.

Quote:
Hit that workout room hard, it does wonders! Were it not for treadmills I would be one stressed out dude!

I plan on it Steve. I was doing 3 miles a day and more on the weekend until the cold weather and dark evenings hit. It is amazing how much better exercise makes you feel.
Quote:
However, don't wait showing off your new BF until you are ripped. Show the X what you are capable of bagging!!

Lol, well I am not going to hunt down x or anything....but maybe I can stop avoiding him at some point.

Kris
S
S
You're a rock star!!! Keep it up!

Quote:
However, don't wait showing off your new BF until you are ripped. Show the X what you are capable of bagging!!

Lol, well I am not going to hunt down x or anything....but maybe I can stop avoiding him at some point.

Dang right... It will get to the point where you don't even think about it.

Pre-Sep
D Thread
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
Dang right... It will get to the point where you don't even think about it.

I'm counting on that!;\)

Kris
K
klm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Having a hard time today for some reason.

The lady in the office across from me is the mother of a girl I went to highschool with. Well, she got engaged this weekend and I am finding myself having a hard time with all the wedding talk. A really hard time. You would think I would be ok with it since I have been in THREE weddings post bomb...I have lost count as to how many I have attended post bomb. For whatever reason it is really getting to me. ...Like to the point I just want to go home.

I am afraid that I have let myself become a little cynical. I don't want to be bitter or cynical, but it seems I have let myself go there.

I feel myself wanting to reach out to xh. I know that no good would come from it so I am refraining. He is happy in his life now and doesn't want to hear from me. His myspace page says he is "smitten". I know I shouldn't look, but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me. I just don't understand how he could be so messed up with me and now in a seemingly happy R. It is almost like I WAS the cause of his problems.

Kris
E
E
Quote:
I feel myself wanting to reach out to xh. I know that no good would come from it so I am refraining. He is happy in his life now and doesn't want to hear from me. His myspace page says he is "smitten". I know I shouldn't look, but sometimes curiosity gets the best of me. I just don't understand how he could be so messed up with me and now in a seemingly happy R. It is almost like I WAS the cause of his problems.

MySpace..God Kris stop looking at his MySpace page..do yourself a favor block his MySpace page..uyou can block people from seeing Facebook pages and I'mm sure MySpace is the same..I blocked kim from seeing mine, so I can no longer see hers..and who cares anyway..why do you care if he is happy?? make your own happiness..

and the wedding talk..just smile and wave boys..just smile and wave.

S
S
It is almost like I WAS the cause of his problems.

You can have down days, but don't EVER allow yourself to believe the above is true!! There is NO WAY!

Pre-Sep
D Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard