Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
T
T
Hi Sis ..love ya.

Still working on my military clearances to be able to swoop on in.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
I have not answered the email about S2's birthday. Honestly, with all I had going on this weekend, I forgot.

I did send DH an email on Saturday evening, from the kids.
Quote:

Dear Daddy--

Thank you so much for sending our names in for the Christmas party. We had a lot of fun!

D5 got two Bratz dolls. S2 got Hot Wheels cars and a little Black and Decker tool set. D9 got a $15 Wal-Mart gift card, a large velvet Pooh coloring set, and a foil art.

We made crafts, made cards, ate hotdogs, macroni and cheese, and lots of cookies.

We miss you, come home soon!

Love D5, D9, and S2

First thing Sunday morning, I got the following:

Quote:
Hey guys!!

I just saw an email with a link to some of the pictures!! I think I saw you in one of them D5. It’s very hard to make out but it looked like you were wearing a burgundy&white dress with black dress shoes!! Was that you? I’m glad you had a good time and each of you got a gift while you were there.

It sounds like you had a good time though and the food must have been good. Daddy has eaten too many cookies since he’s been on the ship. I’m going to look like Santa Claus soon if I don’t stop eating them!!

Have you told Santa what you want for Christmas yet? Are you guys going to have any snow? ARE YOU EXCITED!?

HO HO HO!!!

Deck the halls with sounds of S2
Fa la la la la..la la…la…..la

D9 plays with silly puddy
Fa la la la la..la la…la…..la

D5’s acting really nutty
Fa la la..la la la…la …la….la

D17 locks up everybody
Fa la la la la… la….la…..la……la

That was fun. I love you guys and I’ll call you soon.
Love,
Daddy

SIGH

So, to be nice, I sent pictures from the party of the kids with Santa. No letter, just the pictures.

I then get the following this morning:

Quote:

Thank you for the pictures!! They look great. Talk about sprouting over the past few months. It’s either a photographic illusion or they’ve grown, a lot! Take care.

Whatever. I am not going to answer it. It does not require one.

Church was wonderful yesterday--I wish they videoed the sermons, cause the skit was a riot! My house is almost completely cleaned, most of the decorations are out, I pick up the tree tonight, and we will decorate it on Wednesday. Some baking tonight and tomorrow, as I have some rednecks and cornhuskers desperate for decent cookies!

Have a blessed day and believe in the power of the Lord to sustain and comfort you when you feel like you can't go on. It is then that he will carry you.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

N
N
Hi, SMW! I just wanted to say that I thought of you this weekend while praying. Maybe the Lord bless you and keep your family. You're doing great, and you and the kids will be more than ok in the end. God is with you.

Take care and have a wonderful week,
~Nas

"Don't dream it. Be it."

First
Second

Me: 26
WAH: 27
T/M: 11/4
A
A
SMW!

Love you too!

Amy

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
D final on 6/12/09...I'm doing good!
S
S
Wow, You've exhausted me just looking at your weekend! I think you really are doing well. Stay the course. You never answered my question though. Have you and H ever talked about the end of this deployment?

Sometimes when I would want to ask my H about something without seeming confrontational and I used it to test the waters during our seperation I would use the phrase "what does that look like to you". Like if I wanted to know how he felt about getting a D, I would say..... "If we D, what does that look like to you?"

Everytime I have used that he would always respond, "What?" LOL

I would just respond back, "Well, usually when people talk about te future you kind of have an idea of what it looks like, could you please explain to me what this looks like to you?"

It asks their opinion and makes them really think about. By the way, listen and validate during those question times because if you get defensive and try to argue why they shouldn't "look at it that way" it shuts down communication really fast.

I had forgotten about that line until my friend used it on me the other day but what a handy one if you don't over use it.

Blessings to your family today SMW!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

S
OP Offline
S
Sandy--

No, we never did talk about the end of deployment. I was discussing this with someone this morning. When he comes back, his ship will be going in the yards for 4 years. He will have to move off the ship and temporary barracks are ONLY for single sailors. Wonder what his plans are for that??

The MC asked him what the future looked like to him, post D--he thinks it will be all roses and light, with everyone still friends--once I get past the pain.

I may ask him that the next time he calls--or I may just wait until we get closer to crunch time--like maybe February or so. It would be interesting to hear his response--especially since he never really plans for much of anything.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

E
E
another new one..over there..I'm reading along with yours..stay your path..

S
OP Offline
S
Nas--

Thank you for all the nice things you said last week, as well as the prayers. Some days suck more than others, but they are getting better and the sucky days come less and less.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

N
N
You're very welcome, honey. I totally meant them. You're doing great, and I know that the dark times hurt but they are there to strengthen you.

*hugs*

Take care,
~Nas

"Don't dream it. Be it."

First
Second

Me: 26
WAH: 27
T/M: 11/4
T
T
Sis

I have got to wonder if you are giving DH a slight bit too much of a "play-by-play" connection with the home life and the kids via EM's. I seemed to recall that you were going to reel in the emails a little and make them more terse and without hardly any emotion. The major determinant to this is if this most recent back and forth EM was entirely initiated by the kiddos and you were just the "secretary" for them. If this is not the case (and I am not a fly on the wall ..so wouldn't know). Just be careful to not be 'spoon-feeding' DH. He is a grown man who needs to stay in the grown up arena in which the atmoshere is dictated by his own actions or lack therof as the case may be.

In a nutshell.. don't make yourself busier than you already are for cryin out loud. A good marinating and slow roasting is in order for this fine chap ..I think.

What say you Sis. A little horseradish in that recipe of yours?? To kind of act like smelling salts for the sailing lad.

debut thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard