Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
OP Offline
S
Well, here was my response to H's email. Sent it first thing this morning. Let's see if he even bothers to respond to it. I have gotten to the point, if he emails great if he doesn't. that is fine, too. I used to tell my cousin all the time about her ex--"you can't make him be a better parent". Truer words were never spoken.

Quote:
DH--

I am sure the kids will love to get another "Daddy movie", no matter when it comes in. D9 starts her meds and treatment the weekend of the 19th. We are all fine and the kids and I are very busy over the net few weeks, what with all the holiday stuff going on.

SMW

Off to grab some coffee. I will check in with ya'll later.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
enjoy the java Sis. much love directed your way. Keep surrendering to Him.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
HHHHMMMMM

And it only took an hour and a half to get a response today.

Quote:
SMW,

Okay, I’ll get it out in the mail as soon as it’s recorded. What are you guys going to do for S2’s B-day on Tuesday? I’ll try sending him an e-card. Hopefully the internet cooperates with me on that one. Is he going to have a themed party? Tell him I said Happy Birthday for me. Alright, I’ll keep in touch to see how D9 is doing.

DH

I guess it is more of the same. So, I will write him later--give him bare facts on S2's birthday and close it up.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

N
N
Hi, SMW! I just wanted to pop in, say hello, and say how much you've truly inspired me. I'm new here, and when I got to this community, one of the first threads I found was yours. Over the past few days, I've read through your many threads, and I just wanted to say that you truly are an inspiration. There are some similarities in our sitchs, and I can honestly say that reading about your journey has helped me to be stronger and more objective.

Your story has taught me a lot about resilience and fortitude.

Your story has also helped to reinforce a lesson that I only recently learned. I am very ashamed to admit that I spent much of my life living in fear of being a military wife (my husband was a MArine before we married) because I had some really pathetic prejudices in my mind. I am not proud to admit that, but I have to be honest with myself. I have alot of childhood issues that make me fear being a mother, a caregiver, and a true wife. I've had lots of preconceived negative perceptions of military wives because of my own unfair negativity towards my mom (not a military wife, but a SAHM and a really wonderful, giving woman that has sacrificed alot - including her self-esteem - for me), and my unfounded fears of finding myself in a situation similar to hers. As I've grown older, I've shed a lot of those misconceptions, and reading about your journey removed the final remaining scale from my eyes.

You are a woman to be respected, and you have taught me that a strong, driven, intelligent woman can also be kind and giving and supportive without diminishing herself in any way.

You're an amazing lady, and you are really doing a great job. I hope everything works our for you.

Scratch that. I know that everything will work out for you, and that God has great plans for you.

Thank you for removing my last eye-scale.

Take care,
~Nas

"Don't dream it. Be it."

First
Second

Me: 26
WAH: 27
T/M: 11/4
P
P
Nas, that was really a beautiful post. \:\)

Puppy

N
N
Thanks, Puppy! \:\)

I meant every word. It's hard to confront my prejudices, but it's part of growing and becoming a better person. In some ways, I couldn't be happier that my life fell apart and I came here.

Stay strong, everyone, and *hugs*!

~Nas

"Don't dream it. Be it."

First
Second

Me: 26
WAH: 27
T/M: 11/4
S
S
Glad you got your name changed as it really fits for you. I like the course you are taking.

One question though: Did you ever talk about what would happen at the end of this deployment with your H?

Blessings

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

T
T
{{{SMW}}} Sounds like you are handling things well and I hope you are doing WONDERFULLY great today \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

T
T
Hi sweet Sis \:\)

Last edited by Tomato; 12/05/08 08:33 PM.

debut thread
T
T
your sure quiet. Be your lovely self whether quiet or not Sis. Steering some of Christ's love your way in the form of prayers.

debut thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard