Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
E
E
Ok..since he is a DAM and can't remember chitt then I think you should answer..straight up and to the point..

Answer the questions he ask. Do not add anything. Do not mention the missed anniversary..do not ask him how he is or any of that..Let him wonder..

Let him wonder what is up with you..that's MHO..

M
M
WHOOP WHOOP!! Love the name change SMW!

As far as what to do about H's email, he is asking about your D9 so I would answer him. I know you already told him, but do you really expect that he truly listened? Maybe seeing it in writing will help him to remember.

How about something along the lines of "I appreciate you taking the initiative to sign the kids up for the reading program. That was very thoughtful.

D9's treatment begins on xxxx with xxxx(whatever treatment she begins first).

Everyone is doing fine thank you.

SMW"

Add your personality and be brief. Answers his questions, validates his effort, gives him the information he apparently missed. To the point.

Be GREAT today. God will move that mountain sweetie, you know that.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
I can tell you from experience as a DAM; that sometimes, in my mind I am wandering to the next thought; so I might miss some details in what is being told to me. It's not done on purpose; but it happens. I would give him the benefit of the doubt on forgetting what you told him about D9 treatment. Like the others have said, just respond with that info again.

Like your new name..

Current Thread
H
H
woo-hoo!! I like it!!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
P
P
SMW,

I think given how long this has been going on, with the present status quo that you can't just suddenly stop writing e-mails and expect him to "get it". He might not perceive you as upset or that he's losing you.

My opinion is, that if you have not expressed it before, that you tell him, in no uncertain terms, that your patience isn't limitless, you are not just going to be the woman that sends him goody baskets, and that you are planning to get your life in order in anticipation of moving on without him.

I would send this message, and then I wouldn't return any more e-mails unless it was ONLY about the kids. I would not talk on the phone with him AT ALL, unless it's about the kids. I would only answer questions that related to the kids. And I would make myself as dark as possible. It wouldn't hurt to have him call and have a babysitter tell him that you are out. What military guy doesn't fear that his wife will get a wandering eye while he's away. He doesn't know he wants you right now....but he will when he perceives you as gone.

It's time for hardball. Put away the girly softball mitt and make it clear that you will be fine without him.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
B
B
hey sis, love the new name!! it fits you perfect. love the recipes and all the add in extra ingredients.
love you

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash" twilight
ALIVE FREE AND HAPPY 2010

A
A
SMW - I have to agree with Phoenix. Setting deadlines is part of getting him to react. He'll leave you hanging forever.

ME-32
W-30
StepD-7
S-5
Bomb Dropped 7/10/08
WAW - 7/26/08
A
A
I love the name change too!!!! I had already changed my name for you a while back...glad to see you made it official!!!

Love you!
Amy

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
D final on 6/12/09...I'm doing good!
S
OP Offline
S
Okay--

I have not answered the email yet--I will later.

Instead, while cleaning the older girls' bathroom (yuck! I never knew girls could be so gross!) I have been mulling over how to word the letter to H that Phoenix is suggesting.

Is it okay to mention in the letter that "In spending time with some new friends, I have discovered that I am more than just a Navy wife, more than a mom. I am a strong, confident beautiful woman who deserves to be treated with love and respect. I am making changes in my life and the house that are allowing me the time to better explore who Laura is, outside of the roles I have lived in for the past 17 years."

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
S
(Let's hear it for the STRONG military wife!!!)

You go Strong... The name is perfect.. No matter what, strength is what you have.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard