Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
G
OP Offline
G
ndsmhelp,
Please know...even I didn't know how bad it was until I was able to step back and see things for what they are.
Thanksgiving will feel different this year. D12 is going to be with her Dad (necessary, but sad for me). My darling sister is out of town, but the rest of the gang made the trip to Portland, and is making room for a turkey feast as I sit here typing.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow, everyone!
love, Goldey

B
B
Hi Goldey, glad everything went as well as it did!

I prayed a lot that day.

Happy THANKSgiving... \:\)

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
P
P
Excellente!

Phew! One bridge crossed!

I'm glad for you. you sound relieved.

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

S
S
WAS THERE EVER A DOUBT???

Sweetie Pie......God is good, isn't He? Yes, Thanksgiving will be different as other holidays and events, but I leaned something a long time ago.....I don't always apply it, but I know that I know that I know......it makes a difference, and that is what I'm trying to say: We have the power to make our day the very best that we can make it--under the conditions with which we are dealing.

Say, that sounded pretty smart, didn't it? I'll have to go write that down before I forget it.

I knew God would come through for you! Easy for me to say sitting from here, huh? You are a blessing to all of us and you are a brave soul that will touch more lives in time to come. God is going to use you Goldey, so don't throw those boots away!

Take care. Love ya,
Sandi

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
G
OP Offline
G
There's certainly much to be thankful for today. 'Nuff said.
Have a wonderful holiday everyone. I'm taking a couple days off and gonna love up my kids.
One last prayer request for today, as I drop D12 off to see her father. "Lord, watch over and protect D12 today, and soften my heart so that healing may begin. Amen." Peace. Goldey

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
S
S
Dear Lord, put your fire wall around D12 today. Thank You.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
G
G
((((((((((D12))))))))))

Happy Thanksgiving, Miss Boots!!! \:\)

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~ Joseph Campbell
S
S
Goldey, how did things go? Has the D come back home yet?

Sandi

G
OP Offline
G
Ugh. I hate Mondays.
The weekend was hard...STBX-H wanted to see D12 for his every other weekend, so I reluctantly dropped her off Friday night, and got her back Sunday.
I know this will get easier with time, and that STBX-H will lose interest before too long. He didn't want to be a dad when we lived there, so I can't imagine him starting now.
I decorated my little apartment with what Christmas stuff I've rescued from the house, and am trying to keep a positive attitude.
S15 gets stronger every day. It keeps me going, when doubt starts to creep in. I keep telling myself that I did the right thing, and it will get easier.
Work is work. I'm not fired yet. Just in case, I'm dusting off the resume. I may just have to start over in a new city anyway.
On a positive note, both kids were out Friday night, so I went dancing with an old pal. Oh my, things have certainly changed! Had a great time, but I don't think I can keep up the pace like I used to! Turning 40 will do that to you, I suppose.

As we wait in Joyful Hope...
Peace.

E
E
Quote:
I know this will get easier with time, and that STBX-H will lose interest before too long. He didn't want to be a dad when we lived there, so I can't imagine him starting now.

I would not expect anything one way or the other. Old dogs can learn new tricks ;\) . No matter what happened he may wake up and want to be a better dad..ya never know.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard