Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Friends!

Yeah, I think I'm going to like this. I've been out for dinner the last two nights!

I do love and miss my baby boy.He is such a great kid, but it was time for him to fly. I miss all 3 of my boys. They do call whenever they need something, though. Kids!

I continue to work toward my goals. My business venture is still in infancy stages but it's moving along. I think I have found a location for it and will start on the renovation soon.

You guys keep me smiling. Thanks!

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
G
G
If your new business venture has anything to do with wine, let me know when you open the doors, I'll help pull a cork (or twist a Steven's cap) for you on the first bottle!
Otherwise, make contingency for someone you can trust to run it while your away. This is the time in life to enjoy, not to do 16 of 24 - 7 days a week.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi GB!

No, my new venture has nothing to do with wine. Think: Girly Pampering.

I do love wine, though. If you are a fan, you should check out The Wine Guy. He opened a couple years ago as a wine retailer and has expanded into food. He's doing so great with his store in Picktown that he recently expanded into the new Creekside area in Gahanna. There was an article in the little local paper saying that he was going to have a store in Dublin and Grove City next year. He stocks a ton of wine and has wine tastings every Thursday. He's a great guy and seems to know his stuff when it comes to wine. I do know much about wine, but I do enjoy sampling it every now and then. \:\)

Gotta run. Tons to get done before the hockey game tonight. Did you know that hockey season is here again? Spitty is happy! We won Saturday 4-3. Hope springs eternal for me with my hockey team.

Take care,

Spitty

Mark Twain
Hi Spitty!

Glad you are enjoying the empty nest. For me it was a mixed blessing, but ultimately a good thing. Now I feel like a curmudgeonly old lady set in my ways as I shuffle around the house in my bathrobe and bunny slippers!

Quote:
I do love and miss my baby boy.He is such a great kid, but it was time for him to fly. I miss all 3 of my boys. They do call whenever they need something, though. Kids!

That's the way it is! And that is how they show their love!

Today my boy called me after his dental appointment. I had offered to drive him, and he did it all on his own. Bless his heart!

Good luck on the business venture. I am all for girly pampering!

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

S
OP Offline
S
Hey SG....I bet you look great in those bunny slippers!

Nothing really new to report on here. I'm quickly approaching my DB anniversary. Hard to believe I've been here this long. The good news is, I'm still alive and kicking. The bad news is that it takes a really long time to heal from the trauma of divorce. Life is good and I feel like I'm doing great, but sometimes the anger and sadness are right below the surface and the littlest things make them race to the top.

Or maybe it's just menopausal hormones! \:\)

Later friends,

Spitty

Mark Twain
G
G
Hey Spitty , still haven't spotted that cool car tooling around 270, but one of these days ...
Yes, it does take some time. Seems I bounced back last couple weeks when I heard x2 left town, couple folks asked me where she went. I "have no idea", that's what I told them, and I don't, and realized I didn't care. Does take time, and all former Rs are different./ Did spend an hour on the phone with x1 this evening, and that was just fine in contrast.
Careful around those hormonal things. Those did my x2 in.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi GB!

Well, the cool car is about to be put in the garage for the winter. She's only allowed out from April thru October unless we have some exceptionally good weather! So, any Spitty sightings will have to be in my "mom mobile",Honda minivan. My tag shows my allegiance to my fav hockey team, so if you see me on the outer-belt give a honk.

I was just kidding about the hormones! \:\) But, if there are any ladies out there suffering thru menopause, try Flaxseed Oil capsules. Some much older ladies turned me on to them a couple months ago and I've had wonderful results. Night sweats have disappeared and no hot flashes! Plus, they are suppose to help your heart and skin. Don't know how it works, but it does..... And GB, I know that some women do go bonkers with the hormones. My experience has been that they did it their entire lives though. From the beginning of their "womanhood", through birthing babies and on into the next phase. I don't know of any woman who just loses it at menopause. Everyone is different, though. And sadly, some women use "hormones" as an excuse for bad behavior.

Great seeing you here. Have a good weekend

Spitfire

Mark Twain
G
G
Can't say that x2 ever used it as an excuse, she thought she was just fine. It's the rest of the world that was viewing her that declared her bonkers.
My basis for saying "watch out" was based on conversations with women that went through similar, but not as drastic as my x2. Thankfully they opened up to me, spilled the guts as they say, and gave me a much better understanding of what x2 was going through. Granted that was a small sample of a half dozen or so, but they all had similar stories. All of them regretted they had not sought out some sort of treatment. From what the docs told me about x2, she was a 5 in a 100 that get hit that bad. In contrast, I know a lot of ladies that are going through it, been through it, and they are doing fine (relatively speaking) and cannot relate at all to x2 nor the half dozen that openly talked to me about their experience.
So, that's what raised the hair on my neck.
You too take care, thanks for stopping in and letting us know how you're doing.
I'm off in the steel tubes again to New England next week, probably just in time to see bald trees and piles of leaves instead of fall colors. But, that's my luck.

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone,

Well, GB, I hope you did get to see at least some of the awesome New England colors. I thought our trees around here were pretty colorful this year. The last couple of years they have been sort of blah. Don't know why we were blessed with the beauty this year but they were gorgeous.

I've had a little set-back with my GAL project. Very complicated, but the place I was planning on getting didn't pan out and then the person I was planning to do my project with had to move so we are on hold for a couple weeks. We will start looking for a new location in a little bit and get back on track.

I'm still working on my house getting those projects completed. My BF is very handy and has helped me with a lot of maintenance issues. He is so sweet to help out. And so patient. EX was not overly enthusiastic about home maintenance and would often lose his temper when smaller projects inevitably turned into bigger or messier ones. It's so refreshing to not have to deal with that attitude.

There has been a very slight crack in the door of communication with the EX. I had to contact him about an unrelated business issue and then added some info in the email about our boys and the current issues that each of them are going through. I didn't expect a response but I got one. And it was civil. I do not have any desire to have a "life" with the EX, but I do think our communication needs to improve with regards to our sons. I have to co-parent with this man, regardless of the past, and I feel our sons will be better off if the two of us are on the same page. Anyway, I see it as progress.

Hope all of my cyber friends are hanging in there. We're quickly approaching the holiday frenzy. Don't let the madness get you down!

Hugs,
Spitty

Mark Twain
F
FA Offline
F
What's going on there Spitfire!!!!

Watcha up to these days!!!!! Been one here as long as me now....how's life??!!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard