G
OP Offline
G
Kerry, thanks for being you, man. I'll be in touch soon. Pray for SNOW! Goldey

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: breakaway
Thanks, one of my faves. Didn't make the Top 40 CD, but was considered.
Feeling a little blue this morning. Yesterday S15 got put on 'time out' by his GF of 9 months. They are the sweetest couple and she told him he needs to get his act together pretty DAM quick, or it's over, permanently. Both of them are hurting, because they care so much for each other. So young, but a shining example of love. Bittersweet for me.
Today I'm taking dorkyson15 to the skatepark, since we did not get enough snow on the mountain to warrant a snowboarding day trip. Later, I'll GAL with a girlfriend I've had trouble finding time for, and tomorrow...well, church, and all that jazz.
Tuesday is my first big legal hurdle, the Restraining Order hearing. Goldey is trying really hard to be brave. It's not working yet. But it will. Because I'm Superboots, and I'm doing the right thing. Peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOzdLwvTHA

Last edited by goldeylox; 11/22/08 04:55 PM.
H
H
Hey, Superboots!

Yes, you are doing the right thing. The Restraining Order hearing should be brief and pretty much a slam-dunk if a professional also filed a report. Just go in and have your ducks in a row; facts, just the facts. Dates, locations, events. Do you have a friend you can take with you for moral support? In our state, your H wouldn't have to be there--do you know if he will be present?

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
S
S
Hi Sweetie, just checking in and trying to catch up on what's going on. I notice a word used a lot...."panic". Then I saw what Neil said:

Quote:
hey goldey.....something my Dad always told me...but i never really got until my sitch happened.....

Panic Kills.

Do you know what immediately came to my mind when I read that? Faith kills panic. Whenever we panic, we are actually saying that we do not think our God is big enough to handle what we have to face, and that's just not true. I know you know that goldey, but sometimes we just need to hear it again. That is why your brothers and sisters are here for ya.
So many people on this board care a great deal about you. You are blessed and your life is going to be so much better now.

Love,
Sandi

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the reminder Sandi.
I remember when Neil told me that a couple of weeks ago, and those words have saved me countless hours of needless worry. When I feel the "P" word coming on, I remind myself that panic does indeed kill, and attempt to abolish it immediately.
A new tool for me will be, "Faith Kills Panic".
STBX will be in the courtroom, along with his L and a baliff. I remain ultra safe. The RO should stick. My moral support is spread out across the country, as it is Thanksgiving next week and many are traveling. My Dad will be here, and his wife (my incredible step-mom) but are not coming to court. They will hold down the fort w/ kids. Then, we'll eat some turkey.
I remember the week I was baptized (I was a late bloomer) and was told that Satan would test me with everything he had to try to get me to quit. And he did.
Now he's come back, but again, will not shake my faith in our awesome God.
The Judge happens to be a Christian man. I'm sure he'll do what is in the best interest of the children, and ask enough questions to determine if my safety requires that RO be continued. Let's hope so.
In a sign of solidarity, break out your favorite boots and wear them proudly on Tuesday.
Peace.

S
S
Goldey, I remember a young mother that was going to court and was so scared that she would end up losing her kids and everything. She was filled with panic. I reminded her that God was not afraid of her H or what her H could do. God is on His throne and Satan is already a loser. This was not God's best for you as for what He wanted to happen for your life, but that does not mean that He can't have the best to come afterwards. He never wants His children to suffer with the kind of pain you have had to endure. Your trust in Him will not go unnoticed and you will be rewarded. Go into that courtroom knowing that you have angels all around you and the highest authority in Heaven is your Counselor and Lawyer ......so how can you not win? Everything is going to be okay. Just believe and rest in Him.

Love,
Sandi

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
H
H
Goldey--
Don't walk in there alone. I know from experience, seeing him will pull the rug out from under you. That doesn't mean your faith is weak, just that sometimes we need someone walking alongside. Yes--solidarity and angels cannot be discounted. But right now you need someone with skin on, right beside you.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
S
S
Yes, I agree and if you can keep from looking at him, I think that would help. So, try to keep your eyes turned away......unless you feel strong and want to show him that you have no fear of him and can look at him with calm assurance. That would be terrific if you did that.....but you do what you feel that you can....no pressure here, only prayers. Having some people there in person to support you would be good. You have a lot of people praying for you and everything is going to be okay.

L
L
Goldey--I was lurking here last week and catching up. Then I found a post from you on my thread! Thanks for your support. I have you and your family (including your stbxh) in my prayers. Be strong for your kids!

M42
S12/D9
T17/M12
Bomb 1 3/22/06
Bomb 2 7/11/08
Bomb 3 7/31/08
W Filed 8/1/08
D granted 12/17/08
D Finalized 1/29/09

A man who compromises his principles never had them in the first place.
G
G
(((((((Goldey)))))))
((((((((and)))))))))
((((((((her)))))))))
(((((A$$-kicking))))
(((((SuperBoots)))))

Oh and I WILL be wearing my boots tomorrow in honor of you, sweets!

Last edited by GoingForward; 11/25/08 05:01 AM.

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~ Joseph Campbell
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard