Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1611731 10/03/08 08:54 PM
sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
If you're new to this forum, you may be facing an 'opportunity' to start over. Everyone's challenges are different. Some are relationship oriented, some are more personal such as emotional or financial, or logistical.

It helps to make progress more quickly if you are focused. And it helps to be more focused if you have goals. It is said, "If you don't know where you are going...you may go somewhere you don't want to go."

The great thing us about divorcebusting.com is...we're good at SETTING GOALS, and BRAINSTORMING how to achieve them, monitoring our progress and results...and adjusting accordingly.

We know how to do MORE OF WHAT WORKS....not only for saving marriages, but for GETTING OUR LIVES BACK ON TRACK.

We're here to help you do just that.

Feel free to post your goals here....or start your own thread.

What are you wanting for your life right now? What do you hope to achieve?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
C
C
By goal.... do you mean like, for example...

"my goal is to see my XW and OM suffer from chronic irritated bowell syndrome for the rest of their miserable lives"?

Or were you hoping for something more gracious and mature?

sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
That depends. With constipation?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
C
C
Constipation? Oh ya! Bricks.

A
A
positive thinking at all times. I have always been happy go lucky and just lived life but for the last 6 years where I lived the life someone else pushed me into. Now I'm on my own again, I am becoming that old me again and I am so much happier for it

N
N
My H checked out of our marriage a long time ago. DB'ing couldn't change that, but it has changed me. I'm extremely grateful for that. I am a better person.

Tomorrow I'm filing papers. I vacilitate between strength and weakness. I know I'll survive somehow, but it still hurts like heck.

My goal is probably too broad for DBing. I want to live life well and raise an amazing daughter. How to do that? How is it defined for me? By succeeding in my profession and concentrating on all the positives around me. I would love for him to look back one day and say, "man, how could I give that up?"

Childish and not focused enough, perhaps. Knowing deep down in my heart I gave it my all and that I will survive is priceless.

Me 35
H 41
M 10 years
Together 12 years
D,6
SS, 17,19
R
R
Originally Posted By: needlove
My goal is probably too broad for DBing. I want to live life well and raise an amazing daughter. How to do that? How is it defined for me? By succeeding in my profession and concentrating on all the positives around me. I would love for him to look back one day and say, "man, how could I give that up?"

Childish and not focused enough, perhaps. Knowing deep down in my heart I gave it my all and that I will survive is priceless.

needlove,

I know how you feel.... I am 2 credits shy of having all of my credits for my CPA.... After I pass all four CPA exams, I am going to get my JD and take the CA Bar...... Not to become a hardcore litigator..... Just to make myself more attractive to my clients.... Understanding law is always helpful in business... So, already have my BS and MCIS... I will hopefully someday have my CPA, JD and be a member of the CA Bar...

Do I think my exW will look back someday and wonder "What the hell was I thinking?" I KNOW she will.... NOT because some women think I am a nice looking guy... NOT because some people think I am intelligent..... NOT because some people think I am successful (whatever that really is).....

Rather, she WILL REGRET because she will look back and see a faithful man who loved her with all of him... Who wanted to work hard on the marriage..... Who would not have traded her for anything or ANY other woman (NOT EVEN Catherine Bell )... I believe most women would find this priceless...

RMG

Last edited by RMG; 10/15/08 03:26 AM.

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

M
M
my goal is to eventually find some healing and closure.

R
R
Originally Posted By: MichelleB
my goal is to eventually find some healing and closure.

MichelleB,

I pray you find that place of healing and closure.

That is very similar to my ultimate goal. I am just taking it one day at a time....

Take Care,

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

G
G
Good luck, needlove.
Praying for you to be strong. Your kids need you to be the hero. Peace.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard