Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
G
G
Wii, nice to hear u spent a little extra time in the car.
Isn't it amazing when we have a copilot? And all u have to do is ask.
Simple.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Goinbatty
Wii, nice to hear u spent a little extra time in the car.
Isn't it amazing when we have a copilot? And all u have to do is ask.
Simple.

Amen! \:\)

The mention of God as co-pilot brought back to me the memory of a button I once saw which read "God was my Co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I was forced to eat him" Umm, so anyway...

Last edited by whatisis; 10/08/08 07:10 PM.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
F
F
wii,

If i could find a dental assistant like that, I'd eat a bag of Oreos before I went, so they'd have to put yellow police tape around the chair and close the office for the afternoon.

You STBX and mine are so much alike. D18 has been doing great in college and wanted to come home this weekend. She called and asked me to pick her up half way. She's coming back with her roommate who lives about halfway home. I said sure. She called her mother and asked if she could stay at home. W. replies: "I'll have to thing about it. What's changed since I asked you to leave the hosue." W. said she was concerned D was coming home for "social reasons" and "She's never been honest with me" D18 has had all As and Bs so far. Ugh. What is it with these control freaks?

FLTC #1616083 10/09/08 02:11 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hey, I'll book you an appointment, FLTC! She sure is a hoot, and she just loves to tease and banter with me. At one point, the dentist came in to examine me and she told him I had a cavity, so I said "and do you know why that is? Because she doesn't clean my teeth properly!" and she retorted "Oh really, maybe it's because you're so old you can't remember how to floss"(she loves to bug me about my being a few years older than her) and I said "listen to the Fountain of Youth over here" and it went on. The dentist just stood there looking back and forth at us probably wondering "WTH"! Finally, he said "Uh, are you two finished?" and I said "ya, I'm done, how about you" and she replied "me too". Earlier we were discussing our work hours and I told her about my pretty decent work hours, with one hour lunch and virtually no overtime and she looked at me and straight faced said "I guess that makes you pretty boring then doesn't it" Yes, she's always fun to joust with! I always leave feeling like I had a real good time, kind of nice. I'm wondering though whether it's really a good idea to make someone crazy who puts sharp instruments into my mouth...hmm.
Thanks for dropping by F \:\)

G
G
As the fates would have it, I'm going in for the deep cleaning on left side on Thursday. I'll reserve my opinions until after, but sure as h@ll hope I have as good a time as you!

G
G
WIIthhh. Imr didddnnnt harve asth muth lukth as youi. Dennnttht athhhithant marrrrryed. Cuth tho am nith chttttth wit hrrrrrr.
whlll flll inth laaaaattter onnnnnce noooovethhhhcannnnnnnne whhhhherrrrrrs ofth.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Goinbatty
WIIthhh. Imr didddnnnt harve asth muth lukth as youi. Dennnttht athhhithant marrrrryed. Cuth tho am nith chttttth wit hrrrrrr.
whlll flll inth laaaaattter onnnnnce noooovethhhhcannnnnnnne whhhhherrrrrrs ofth.

OK, but did you have fun?

Must be Dental Health week. So funny that 3 of us went to the dentist for cleaning. I was NOT laughing at my appt. I have no problems at all. But they want to do an implant. Cost is $3,000! I don't have insurance since I got divorced. The alternate to the implant is to pull a healthy tooth. Cost = $100. They also want to take out my wisdom teeth. What? I'm over 50! So that would be more cost and pain. YUCK - even when its a good day at the dentist - it's bad.

Barb

G
G
Ytthhhhhhh. Bah, thilm,nummm!

G
G
Wii, that was a bit of fun with the numb mouth. Or at least I thought so.
And indeed I had fun and the banter that you suggested was a great distraction from the exploration, digging and such with sharp objects in the mouth. The (before-hand dreaded) hour went by quickley.
The difference was I went in there determined I was going to have some fun (thanks to your posting). And I did. Because I told myself to relax before hand, "let's have some fun".
Carried the attitude on to today, took the afternoon off and headed to the golf course. Best score in my entire life, by 8 strokes.
That makes a "back to back" for me, two weeks ago scored my best ever in another sporting event, two spots behind a international champion. I NEVER thought I could accomplish that or ever come close. Yet, I did.
So this evening poured a rather large glass(es) of wine and contemplated. What's going on here? How did I do this? A lot of practice (answer in the negative)?
The internal answer was : "you finally let go".
It is amazing how the former and current conflicts can impact our lives in many ways, yet, we don't recognize until we are away from them.
Wii, thanks for the tips on dealing with dental people (and everyone else that jumped in on the thread on that topic).
Just get back to who you are, and everything else falls into place, and you also may be amazed as to who that (you) person is, and what they are capable of doing.

Last edited by Goinbatty; 10/11/08 04:33 AM.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard