Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
I will be in Florida Nov 1 to 16 and Feb 10 to Mar 6. Wanna visit WDW?

Barb

K
K
Oh no My sis is done, She just turned 40 but she is done, I meant she has a lot of well "stuff" to come lol my niece already drives her batty at 13 lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
K: Raising a girl is nothing like raising a boy. Some might disagree (like my friend with the 18 year old son who is constantly in trouble). My Brandon was a breeze to raise. Ashley has been DIFFICULT. Neither is bad. Both are wonderful. But Ash is more like me. Jumps from one crazy thing to another - LOL. Bran is the most laid back guy. Sensitive and caring. God gave me such a gift when I had him. In fact - I think "Matthew", his middle name means "gift from God". When he was born I wanted a girl. Chuck was acting up (big surprise) and flirting with a girl at work (who knows if there was something up but no doubt it was likely) and I remember telling him I wasn't coming home from the hospital. And telling him I wanted to try once more for the girl. The stress that followed was horrible. YUCK - that was 26 years ago. In the months that followed he was depressed, nasty (once told me I looked like a cow when I was breast feeding). He made 3 serious suicide attempts and ended up in the psych ward. He threatened my life on several occasions.

Hmmm... suppressed memories. Not sure why that just came out but I don't think it hurts to write it down once in a while. Makes me more sure of the man I am with now.

What a way to start Friday.

Changing the subject.

Barb

Barb, just a quick drive by.

Yes, girls are definitely a challenge to raise, aren't they? I chuckle at it now, but we used to call the house an "estrogen pit." I'd howl in laughter when the ex would come home to five women and say that. Some might find that rude or mean, but I "got" what he was saying. I did feel sorry for him when all of us were PMSing or kvetching cause he couldn't even find sympathy from the dog who was also female.

Barb, I'm sorry that Chuck called you that when you were breastfeeding. What a poptart head!!!

OP Offline
OK, it is Friday. And it is VERY sunny in cottage country. So sunny in fact it was blinding when I got up. It is COLD out there though (40F!) so I had my coffee inside, not in the gazebo and put the furnace on. It is sunnier at present since the blinds are down due to the ongoing wallpapering. Boy - the windows need to be cleaned! Another thing on my TO DO list.

I am happy to be here. Josh should be coming up tonight though he warned me that he is swamped at work as he is finishing up this year's project. It is possible he will not drive up tonight but wait till morning. He knows I am swamped here and hope to close up if possible for the season. He has offered to help me finish the wallpapering.

I miss him. Realized it when I woke up this morning. He is a cuddler. It is so nice to feel the presence of someone you love when you are waking up. Having that hand resting on you. Chuck did not sleep like that. Yes, the sex was great, but there was so much bad blood between us that the intimacy was not great. Josh and I have no "bad stuff" so there is always a feeling of comfort and caring.

Talked to Ash last night. She is fine. She is going away this weekend to Toronto to Nick's dad's place. Nick is the guy she broke up with 2 months ago. They are still good friends. Another guy friend is going as well. This will be good for her.

It has been a crazy, exhausting week. I have wasted way too much time on the computer. I think we all kind of "lost it" at times. I wrote some things in places that I wish I didn't. I just want to get back to life and back to happy times.

So - here's to starting fresh. TGIF!

Barb

K
K
Hey Barb
sooo dumb Q I guess. You dont go to your cottage in the winter? too cold? Is there things to do there in the winter though? Do others go? as you can see I have NO experience in cottages! lol

Do in cuddling tho! and my cuddler and I are taking off for a nice romantic weekend up to Pismo, I am ready to get out of this heat and relax!!

Have a great weekend!

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hey K!

Sounds like many of us are going "Up North" this w/e. You, Jilly, Donna, me. FUN!

I have been to the cottage in winter, though I'm not a "Winter" girl at all! (Hey - there used to be a poster called WinterGirl on MLC forum when I started and I met her in Tampa. Very nice person!). But I digress.

Most cottages here (mine included) are seasonal. The water lines are not heated. When it starts to freeze at night (like around this time) we have to shut the water systems down. So that means no running water. No toilet. No shower. Yep! As well, the drive in is not plowed. My cottage drive is at the top of a big hill (I call it a mountain in winter). There are several cottages on the drive. So usually I have to park at the bottom of the mountain and truck everything in on a toboggan. YEP - this girl who gets hives just thinking about the cold. SO, we have to bring in even water! It is DOABLE but to me - like being on Survivor! LOL!

And there IS much to do. I have a huge frozen lake in front in winter and it is like a freeway with SkiDoos. Some skaters. Lots of ice fishermen. Eric Lindros (and maybe Kate Hudson now that she is with him) ice fishes right in front of my place. My kids LOVE to snowboard and toboggan. I use the toboggan to get down the hill if I have to go to the store. (I feel like Heidi). So - I have done it. Mostly for the kids. I do have a forced air propane furnace and that helps but the electric blankies are a GodSend.

It is cool today but I turned the heat off for a bit while I papered. Got 11 pieces up so far. Taking a lunch break.

Josh has to work late today and tommorrow. He only works on a Sat about twice a year. But this is it. He is coming up after work tommorrow. I told him not to because it is a long drive for one night. But he insists. Told me because he is working he will add an extra day to Florida and we can go to Mickey's Merry Christmas Party (now don't laugh, but I LIKE it).

So, I'll get more work done anyway. I moved the stove myself and that wasn't a big deal so the room is really taking shape now. I just want to FINISH!

Anyway, sun shines on the pretty leaves and sparkles on the water. It is SO pretty. I will venture into town in a bit to treat myself, get a few groceries and take some photos. Maybe I'll see a moose. I always look for deer, bear and moose. And once in a blue moon I am rewarded.

Barb

K
K
Hey Barb
Have a good one!
Ya know I was thinking how years back on fri or sat. nights, we would have parties on your thread , remember playing some game once too. It kept us busy and helped us not feel so alone, since our ex were gone, it was still early in the process for us, most of our friends were home w/ their families.

Now look at us! well ok so we are both still alone on Friday night LOL but our guys are comin up in the morning for a nice weekend! Isnt it amazing how life changes? ups and downs, and I do believe we needed to experience the down before we could really appricate what we have now! For me anyway , so it wasnt all a bad thing.

Ok off to watch Survivor which I tivoed!! are ya watching this season? I'm watching that and Amazing Race, catch DWTS here and there but not religiously and cant wait for Bach!!!

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 10/04/08 03:00 AM.

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Karen:

I LOVED those parties. Was often asked to host them because - as you say - many of us were in the same boat - home on a Fri or Sat night. But we've come a long way baby!And I totally agree - if we hadn't weathered those downs - we might not appreciate the wonderful guys we have in our lives now.

I caught a bit of Survivor the first night but I was in Iowa and trying to watch Gray's Anatomy too. What is DWTS? And I'm a Bach whore. Gotta love it!

Barb

OP Offline
OK, I got it before the post even got here. Dancing with the stars. I don't watch it. Chuck took maggot to the live show. I don't watch what I know they watch. I really like "So you think you can dance" and now we have the Canadian version on tv. One of my former students (Ashley's duet partner) was on! I was quite proud to see her on there.

Barb

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard