Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
OP Offline
OK, made it to the cottage. And it CCCCOOOLLLLDDDD here! But the colours are incredible. They say you need warm days and cold nights to get the best displays. And we have it! This w/e will be the perfect time to be here.

Brandon and his friends were here on the w/e and one of the girls made me a twig chair!!! I have wanted one for the past 10 years. Good thing I left that "Rustic Furniture Building" book out - LOL!

Tommorrow I will wallpaper. I need to get a lot done if I plan to close up this weekend.

K forwarded me a great description of parenting. Had to laugh> Talked a lot about the demands of kids and the cost. Guess what? I forwarded to my kids AND my ex. YUP - haven't sent him an email in 6.5 years. Haven't talked to him in over a year. Doubt I'll get any response but that wasn't my purpose. It just makes you think - in a funny way.

Ash saw her dad last night. Gave him her tuition bill (so he might pay his 1/3 share). He said he'll pay next week so that's good. He did ask about her job. She told him it wasn't going so well. I am NOT surprised she didn't tell him she had quit. I KNOW how he would have reacted. No doubt she'd like a new job first, and then tell him.

Not much on tv tonight. And that's what I had planned to do. Oh well. I'll probably read.

Barb

T
T
Barb,
I missed the part where Ash had quit.
Maybe for the better, by the sounds of it. Hopefully, she will find something else soon and perhaps where there is no one she knows. Start fresh and all.

Reading here, too for the most part. Hurt my back yesterday and am resting in bed. D@mn laundry!!!. I hurt! \:\(

Hope you are reading something good.

OP Offline
Yep, reading something good, Trip - the board - HA!

I have several decorating books. I LOVE decorating books. And the newspaper.

I might not have posted it here. OOPS! Ash texted me that she was VERY uncomfortable at work yesterday. A lot of people were giving her a hard time after her Ex BF had forwarded personal emails from her and guy friend to the rest of the workplace. Then to top it off - she got called into the manager's office. Instead of being upset with the moron who sent them out - he told Ash she had posted work info on a public board. This is what she wrote "I just got a new job at M.... They do contract work for Apple computers". That was it! Then he admitted there was really nothing wrong with it but wanted her not to write more. Then she told him about what Ex BF had done. He didn't seem to care. So Ash basically told him to "Take this job and shove it - I aint workin' here no more". Well, sort of. But she left. And the trouble makers THINK she got fired.

Anyway, she needs to be out of that negative atmosphere. She was out job seeking today. Is concentrating on her college courses and cancelled her gym membership (too costly). I think she learned something.

I hope you are feeling better. Pamper yourself tonight. Take a bubble bath. It's kind of too cold for that here tonight. I'll be using my 'lectric blankie!

Barb

K
K
Barb
I'm sorry about Ash, a young girl dosnt need that crapola!
Whats wrong w/ that guy?? I do hope hes done w/ his harrassing, are you nervous about it?
Ya gotta wonder what goes thru their minds!!

I am sure you guys have the same laws for restraining orders if by chance he dosnt stop right? maybe you mentioned that, I've been busy today and not been able to read alot.

Either way hope all is ok w/ Ash
Hows the wallpaper comin?

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
Quote:
K forwarded me a great description of parenting.

It sure hit home w/ a lot of us uh? lol
My sis sent it, and her kids are only 13 and 8 she has a lot more comin! lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
Oh oh send it to me.I wanna see.Is it something I can let a moody 14 year old see.LOL

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
H
H
I see Barb that you still hope your X will pay his third. It's sad really. They're still sad. With gas prices and food prices through the roof, you'd think they'd pay something toward their kids'. But as for me, I decided right. My X is a moneygrubbing SOB who will never think about anyone but himself.

I spent the afternoon talking with dentists and oral surgeons ( wisdon teeth no less) and I have given the boys' credit cards for gas. Which ain't cheap. But I'm their mom. I think they need me now more than ever.

But Barb, if these boys spend 2 hours with their dad per week he's lucky. I spend much time with them. I am the one who benefits. Just as you do with Ashley.

They may be young, but they know the truth.

OP Offline
Hey K & Brig!

Yes, I've been worried and came close to calling the Police. But I'm hoping it has ended now. Going to check on her in a min. We have a code to get in our house and due to the nurses coming in the back door (via garage) when we moved in - we NEVER locked the door. She has been locking the door. That is a sign that she is scared. Anyway, I think it will pass but I will not hesitate to call or to go home. My sis, brother and friend have offered to step in if she needs help.

K - your sis has a lot more babies to come???

Brig - Show it to your D who is pregnant. She has NO idea what she is in for - LOL

I'll let you know if Chuckie responds. I hope not. It was not my intention.

Barb

OP Offline
Happy: Yep, I will get my third and that's it. She was worried this morning about $ as she went out job hunting. I just said "Look - you are my daughter. I have raised you to be responsible and to become independent. But what happened this week is NOT your fault. And you KNOW you will not starve - I will feed you. Or sleep in a box - because I will give you this nice place to live. But you will work for the rest of the things you would like. We don't turn our backs on family".

Ash sees her Dad app 2 hours a month. Ryan a bit less. Brandon almost never. And that's the way it is! But I have a great R with all 3 and KNOW who got the better life.

Barb

B
B
Hey Travelbarb,

When did you say you were coming to my neck of the woods?

LOL D who is pregnant is so in La La Land.

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard