Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
OP Offline
Thanks Briget!

Like you, I've been here a long time and it is kind of like home. I want to decide if I stay or if I go. I don't want that right taken away from me.

Poet has a thread under Newcomers, though I first found her on the MLC forum. We've been discussing "going dark" for a little while now. But I'm sure you remember what it was like in the beginning. I could never figure out why to do that. Seemed like the opposite of what I THOUGHT I should be doing. In hindsight - I think I understand it better.

So - we're all going to be in Florida - Brig, Friend, Poet and myself. Wanna ride Space Mountain?

Barb

OP Offline
Hey lwb!

Thanks for the great ear to ear smiles! You made my day too!

Barb

OP Offline
Hey Jeanette!

Yep - Sunshine and laughter and Florida sun!

It's like a Golden Girls reunion - LOL!

Thanks for the welcome back!

Barb

OP Offline
Whatisis:

I love the BeeGees. I saw them live at Hamilton Place years ago. I guess I was a teen. Went to a tribute performance by BeeGees and Abba 2 years ago here at Grape & Wine Festival. Such fun. THey had one hit after another. I can still picture Maurice (was it Maurice or Robin?) with his hand on his ear as he sang. Kind of weird actually.

"I started a joke, which started the whole world crying. Oh but I didn't see that the joke was on me"

Barb

C
C
Jeanette!

Gosh crazy girl u! Where u been??
Have u updated on yr thread??
Did u ever get all the house issues fixed? Update!

Sorry for the hijack!
We will now bring u back to yr original program...

dont know y Barb but u sound of good mind and i like yr advice, keep it up!

W
W
Originally Posted By: BarbieDoll
Whatisis:

I love the BeeGees. I saw them live at Hamilton Place years ago. I guess I was a teen. Went to a tribute performance by BeeGees and Abba 2 years ago here at Grape & Wine Festival. Such fun. THey had one hit after another. I can still picture Maurice (was it Maurice or Robin?) with his hand on his ear as he sang. Kind of weird actually.

"I started a joke, which started the whole world crying. Oh but I didn't see that the joke was on me"

Barb

The Bee Gees are great! There is no way in the world that you can be depressed when you put on a BG's tune, pinch your nose and sing along in a high nasal tone. It's just not possible to be bummed out when you can't stop laughing. Do it with friends, me and the Hamster are gonna give it a go tonight at my "one year in the apartment" party! Whew, talk about a good time.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
The last time I rode space mountain I almost fell out.Can I just go on It's a small world?

Or I could just hold everyones purses and sodas.

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
OP Offline
Well, the past 2 days were very difficult days. Not for the reason you think. Mostly it was trouble with my daughter.

As you know, Ashley (age 20) started a new job, training at a place that services Apple computers. Her ex BF (18 months - broke up in July but still friends) works there. So does the guy she had just started dating (but she stopped it because he was too controlling), his ex, her cousin, Ashley's cousin and most of their friends. Sounds like Gilligan's Island. Or as I told her on the first day "Peyton Place" and so it turned out.

Nick (former BF and now friend) has been there 2 years and worked alongside Adam (the one she just dumped). Adam had been bothering Nick since Ashley's stopped dating him. Then when Ash started there last week, Adam's ex and her cousin were constantly bugging Ash. Ok - not pleasant, but not bad.

Mon night Ashley came home just sobbing. Adam has been harrassing/stalking her. While I was in Iowa he had come to the door at 6 AM, persisting in ringing the bell and knocking (he knew I was away). She finally talked to him. He could not sleep because she did not want to be with him.

Over the weekend Adam started appearing on Ashley's boards (like our board) - mostly teen girl forums - she is a moderator on one to help teens with their problems. He followed her around online. She had posted that she thought a boy that worked with her was cute but his GF was a bitch. He printed that out and showed it to the guy and his GF!

Next he tapped into Nick's work email and found some emails to Ashley. He forwarded them to every person in the company. Some amusement! He also copied and forwarded some of Ashley's personal emails as well. She was mortified. Nick had had enough.

I came close to reporting it to the police but gave it another day. Nick decided to quit his job of 2 years because of it. Ashley didn't go in yesterday. She pulled herself together, though, and went in today. She and Nick both spoke to supervisors. Ash started texting me that people were making her feel very uncomfortable. I encouraged her to stick it out.

The manager called her in. Showed her a printout of what she had written on her board last week. "I just got a job at M.... where they service Apple computers. I am so excited". Told he she can't write info about work on a public board. She asked what was wrong with what she wrote. He said "nothing - just wanted to make sure you didn't say more". She told him she thought it was far worse that someone had followed her to a board they didn't belong to and copied her. She said she didn't feel comfortable working there. He asked her not to leave. She quit anyway.

So - It's been crazy around here. My brother knows this guy and says he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. I have been worried for her.

And on top of it my dad has been sick too. I took him to the dr yesterday and its not as bad as we thought. Still - he needs some time to start feeling better.

I hope this all blows over. If anything more happens I WILL involve the police.

No wonder I am tired.

Barb

OP Offline
Hi Chicki!

You know me now! Thanks for stopping by!

Barb

OP Offline
Have a great One Year party. I truly believe home is where you hang your heart. It might not be what you envisioned but you can make it yours.

I have lots of fav BeeGees, but I like the early stuff more than the Sat. Night Fever stuff.

I just gotta getta message to you
Hold On, Hold On
One more hour and my life will be through
Hold On, Hold On

Barb

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard