Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
JeninVen's husband was shot and killed last night.

Her thread is on We're Separated if you'd like to offer your condolences.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
(
(
JeninVen:

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your H. That is a horrible thing to happen. Please know that others care. I am one of them.

Leenie

R
R
sg--
Do you think we might be able to start up a fund for her D, maybe something through Paypal? She has so many supporters here, but I don't think anyone in her country, plus I know that this would probably be more welcome than flowers or something...
Or maybe a charity that Jen would like donations to be sent to, in memorandum?

You have her personal email address and could check...

Thanks....

(I think SG is leaving her thread open, so we can all send our thoughts to her there...is that right?)

Last edited by Donna...Found; 09/30/08 11:48 PM.
sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
You are such a doll. I'm not sure how to go about anything like that and what administration would think about it. Can you research this?

sg
R
R
PayPal is free to set up, but does charge for credit card payments, and for foreign exchange. The rates are below. Maybe someone else knows of another option?

Open an account Free
Send money Free
Withdraw Funds Free for bank accounts in the U.S ,Fees for other withdrawal options
Add funds Free

Receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit 4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)** for domestic or U.S. transactions

2% + applicable Fees Fees for cross border payments

Multiple currency transactions Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee**
Fees for cross border payments

These fees apply to U.S. users only. For Canadian fees, click here. For European fees, click here. Otherwise, click here.

** If your transaction involves a currency conversion, it will be completed at a retail foreign exchange rate determined by PayPal, which is adjusted regularly based on market conditions. This exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. The specific exchange rate that applies to your multiple currency transaction will be displayed at the time of the transaction.

** Personal accounts may not receive payments funded by credit card, debit card or Buyer Credit for eBay or eBay Express transactions without upgrading to Premier or Business accounts.

This is the link with the info:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

If the admins would be willing, it might be less of a fee if we could do it through a business-sponsored account being opened...
I'd rather see most of the $ going to where we intend it to do the most good.

A simpler idea might just be to set up a POBox for Jen, and we could mail things to her directly...

sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, she's in Venezuela, so I don't think we can open a PO Box.

sg
R
R
No, SHE would have to provide us with a mailing address. We can send things over there, and she could exchange it.

Can you check about the PayPal? I'm sure Michele has an accountant or two over there who might be able to help...

or anyone who does eBay...

sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
I will check.

sg
R
R
thanks...

R
R
sg-

While you are working on this very worthwhile endeavor, can I implore you to make the other insanity stop? Is it worth it, just to make a point? You are being baited, and if it is one thing I have finally figured out, is that you have to AVOID the bait!

But also see the point behind the backlash....there are SO many voices of support for the majority of the women who were booted (mine included, but you know that). The antagonist is gone; PLEASE let those who have helped so many come back so they can continue the good that they have done!

This has the real possibility of spiraling out so far, that newer people in need won't stay, and that would be a crime. You may win the battle, but loose the war. Rise above the bait, DB the heck out of the sitch, and move toward what would be best for all....

Meanwhile, I'm going to go back and see if there is anyone else I might be able to help tonight, while I am feeling pretty together. Pay it forward time.

Last edited by Donna...Found; 10/01/08 03:27 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard