Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Well done, my friend...well done. It's amazing how liberating it can be to just accept "what is." Hope you had a great weekend.

How's the new Jeep?

jethro

KAW - Can I borrow some of your and Bridget's new attitude?

Hope that the weekend turned out to be a good one. Have you managed to find the new Harry Potter book yet?

Bob
Hi Kaw,

Thanks for coming by my thread and for your support.

"Yea, I'm back in my metaphorical form. Hope it doesn't annoy you folks too much. "

Not only does it NOT annoy me, I love it!

Jeannine

Jeannine
R
R
It's funny how often if you anticipate bad things happening they do. And if you anticipate good things happening, they also do. It's all about creating positivity all around you...no matter what your situation.

I understand how hard this can be. I remember how it was being here in that awkward time post-bomb, and pre move out. Man, it was like being tested 24x7. So I can understand your stress about stepping on land mines. However, if you change that and keep believing you'll trip over a pot of gold instead of stepping on a landmine, you might just trip over a pot of gold.

Keep up the positivity. It's hard to resist. I think you might already be seeing that out of your W. Keep drawing it out. If nothing else, you'll at least feel better about yourself and your life.

A dream it's true But I'd see it through If I could be Wasting my time with you -Band:Phish Song:Waste
KAW,

I see myself in your post--spending too much time trying to prevent things, that I'm forgetting to live!

Thanks for the inspiration, get off my butt and just do....anything, not sit and think about R.

Keep up the attitude, it is wonderful.

Jackie

KAW Offline OP
OP Offline
Elwood, Zebra, Bridget, PnT, Jethro, Bob & Jeannine ... whew ... thanks all for stopping by.

Quoting Bridget:
Listening in, can I borrow your plan?
Quoting PnT:
I swiped a bit for my thread. I hope you don't mind!
Quoting ANewBob:
KAW - Can I borrow some of your and Bridget's new attitude?
That's one of my aspirations ... that someone else can take something from my lessons prior to having to go thru the hardships it took for me to learn them.

Quoting jethro:
How's the new Jeep?
Today, we will have had it one month to the day and I've only got to drive it ONCE! Needless to say W luv's her Jeep. Was riding around last Saturday with the top down. She was wearing a spaghetti strap shirt. She ended up with a lobster red burn on her shoulders.

Quoting ANewBob:
Have you managed to find the new Harry Potter book yet?
Oh yea, picked it up at a Barnes & Noble a couple weekends ago. W & D9 are sharing the book. D9 is adamant about W not passing where she is in book, so W has been reading other books I got her for her B-day inbetween chapters.

I've been noticing some steady progress in the area of signs of affection lately, where she recently claimed that she does feel anything for me anymore. So I've stopped initiating any physical contact that would be construed as affection, along with keeping myself more busy doing my thing. I've began to notice it seems more like she not willing to admit she has these feeling rather than they don't exist. A couple of weekends ago, when walking thru the parking lot to the mall, I saw her go to put her arm around me, when she caught herself and put it down and moved away. One day last week, she gave me a goodnight kiss (a rare 180 for her), taking my hand to hold occasionally and she has been cuddling next to me more often in bed of late. Last night she even ran her fingers thru my chest hair (something she says she enjoys doing as being affectionate, but hasn't done so since the end of last year!).

Saturday nite, was a night she wanted to "dance" all night! It started out when I was going to do some "on-line" shopping and I went in the bedroom to get a catalog, when she asked what I was doing. I told her and asked why. She said she was lonely. I said, "Well I guess I could change my plans." I just let her lead during the whole dance. , afterwards, she slept all night while holding me in her arms. I, on the other hand, didn't get a wink of sleep that night.

So, for someone who last claimed she doesn't feel anything, she been expressing quite a bit of physical affection lately. Strange, indeed...

We're all familar with Michelle's quote, "Believe in none of what they say and half of what they do", but what about doing the opposite of what they say ?

'til later,
KAW

H
Hud Offline
H
KAW

That's awesome. Sounds like the tide is steadily flowing in your favor. I'm envious and happy for you at the same time.

I continue to look forward to your insights, my friend.

Hud

KAW - needless to say an interesting weekend for you. You caught up on your sleep yet?

It seems that your W is only comfortable right now moving at her pace with regards to affection. Nothing that you can do to rush the process but she is moving in your direction - and that is always a good thing.

What is it with our spouses and new cars? My W got a new car in January and I've only gotten to drive it once as well.

Bob
KAW..things are looking good..funny just when you are trying to move on doing your own thing..hmmmm..these spouses are strange and mixed up.

your insights have always been great..I have come away feeling much better and able to apply your ideas..so that is very much a great asset you have here.

I too am envious of your w affection..running hand through chest...and you could not sleep!!!!!

Have fun keep doing what works

Sue

Kaw,

Your last post is filled with signs of life for your relationship. The roots seem to be taking hold below the surface and what ever you are doing appears to be nuturing it.

Jeannine

Jeannine
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard