Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1602647 09/24/08 11:38 PM
W
OP Offline
W
OK, the Surviving forum is here for us to pose those hard questions that everyone really wants to ask but are just too scared to do so in case of looking like an ass ... not me, so here it goes:
What gives with shopping for shampoo these days? I stopped tonight to pick up a bottle and was left standing in the aisle gazing helplessly at choices I never knew existed and have decided probably shouldn't exist anyway! Do I need "strengthen and repair" or "curly and shiny"? WTH, I can count the number of hairs on my head, all I want to do is wash my freakin' hair! Where's the "Shampoo For Men". I was just getting used to the fact that shampoos can also contain conditioner but now they've changed the whole damn rulebook. The best part was, while I was standing there with my mouth hanging open, another guy came up to the section and I got to watch his eyes glaze over. We both stood there staring and I said "whatever happened to normal shampoo?" It's out of control people, it must be stopped before they start making shampoo that can be used as chip dip. But, of course, that's just my humble opinion. So remember everybody when there are tough issues to be tackled, Whatis is on the job.
Later Dbers.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Ummmmmmm did you sniff them? I'm thinking you were in the cleaning isle.LOL

Just get one that smells good.Thats what I do.Except avoid the 89 cent stuff.I used to get that for my ex and now he is bald.LOL

Ok now that you have clean hair open the bar.I want a beer please.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
P
P
Hi whatisis:

A man that has not shaved his head! Didn't think they existed anymore. Lately everyone seems to be into the no-hair look.

I am clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. My hair always looks like the before hair in all those shampoo commercials no matter what I use...

I think perhaps the shampoo may not matter so much as what you do with it afterwards - if you want shiny add a little shiny stuff - if you want curly - curl it - or straight iron if you are going for the sleek and glamorous look.

Okay - this is before I have even opened my bottle of wine... \:o \:\)

take care,
AG

pat44 #1602682 09/25/08 12:22 AM
L
L
Hey wii,

When you get a chance, could you look at the soaps too? I don't know if I should stick with dove or if I need to get a bath wash or a body gel. Do I need natural anise seed with crushed buckwheat hulls in my soap? Should I get something manly like Axe or Old Spice bath slather? Or can I just make do with anti-bacterial scrub?

And toothpaste - what about that? Do I need hydrogen peroxide? Or extra-strength whiteners? Or do I need flavor gel? Or an infusion of mouthwash to leave my mouth tingly and fresh?

Maybe I should just stick with Dr. Bronners, which claims to be shampoo, soap, toothpaste, shoe shine, and floor wax all in one package! \:\)

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
lodo #1602692 09/25/08 12:44 AM
P
P
And here are the instructions for Dr. Bronner hair products...

Quote:
Organic Hair Care in 3 Easy Steps:

(1) Shampoo with your favorite Dr. Bronner’s soap. True soaps clean hair well but can leave a tangly look & feel; however…

(2) Rinsing with our new Organic Shikakai Conditioning Rinse results in spectacular look and feel! Just stir 1- 2 capfuls of this rinse into a cup of water, close eyes and slowly pour while massaging into hair. Keep hand combing hair until hair feels entirely sleek (~30 seconds). Rinse out well. Repeat if necessary in extra hard water conditions or with longer hair.

(3) After drying lightly with a towel, massage in Dr. Bronner’s new USDA Organic Leave-In Conditioning Crème for added silkiness and softness.

Now remember to keep hand combing the hair - you do not want that tangly look and feel!

And you must close your eyes while massaging in the conditioning rinse. If you keep your eyes open - the hair fairy won't come and wave her wand to make it all silky and smooth.

Originally Posted By: whatisis
Do I need "strengthen and repair" or "curly and shiny"? WTH, I can count the number of hairs on my head, all I want to do is wash my freakin' hair! Where's the "Shampoo For Men".

The best part was, while I was standing there with my mouth hanging open, another guy came up to the section and I got to watch his eyes glaze over. We both stood there staring and I said "whatever happened to normal shampoo?" It's out of control people, it must be stopped before they start making shampoo that can be used as chip dip. But, of course, that's just my humble opinion. So remember everybody when there are tough issues to be tackled, Whatis is on the job.
Later Dbers.

I feel your pain. I'm thinking if you only have a few hairs to wash that you may want to look at something that will give those hairs some body.........

Uh, er......maybe we could talk about blenders??? I'm having blender angst....

pat44 #1602697 09/25/08 12:51 AM
L
L
what the heck is shikakai?!

I like the eye-closing bit. I love it when I get this one lady at the place where I get my hair cut, because she always washes my hair if I'd been swimming. It feels good to have someone wash your hair. Hey, maybe I can pretend someone is washing my hair if I close my eyes and pour the capful of rinse over my head with my LEFT hand! \:\)

Do I want my hair to be sleek? I thought animals were sleek.

And why is a conditioner being certified by the USDA? Does it have beef by-products in it? Is it made with eggs? Do I really want to leave something made with beef by-products and eggs in my hair?! wont I get salmonella?!!!

Divorced: 10/26/08
lodo #1602699 09/25/08 12:59 AM
P
P
Quote:
what the heck is shikakai?!

I dunno - I just googled Dr. Bonner and cut and paste the shampoo stuff.

Quote:
Do I want my hair to be sleek? I thought animals were sleek.

Hmmm... well if animals are sleek and wii looks sleek - he will have that animal magnetism and drive the ladies wild!

Quote:
wont I get salmonella?!!!

Well that depends on what you do with your RIGHT hand after hand combing in the conditioner!

I think I need another glass of wine...

pat44 #1602765 09/25/08 02:07 AM
F
fig Offline
F
ummmmmmmmmmm

i go to bath and body and ask for help
or the haircutter

they always like to sell you the $30 bottles!!!!

ugh

what about socks
why is the seam on the inside

and

what about jilly's blender??

angst

fig #1602772 09/25/08 02:10 AM
Originally Posted By: fig
what about socks
why is the seam on the inside

Excellent topic!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12