Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
How did your daughter's first day at her new job go, Barb? And...did you take her and yourself out for a Pumpkin Spice latte?

Hope everything works out for finding the right nurse for your son.

K
K
Sorry about the nurse Barb , that must be so frustrating for you, did she give an excuse?
I agree w/ the male nurse, some pros and cons tho

so your going to Iowa now?? boy girl, I bet you keep the airlines in buss! lol
What are you going for work? I must of missed that.

Have a good day I get to empty out my fridge today, yeah!!! lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hi Trip!

Ashley loves the new job. She has been in a better mood. Sure hope it continues! I offered her the latte but she just asked for a Tim's instead.

It was so funny yesterday. Left work early and went to Drive Thru Swiss Chalet. My phone rang (I have the hands free working now) and Ash asked me if I was at Swiss Chalet. Its only a block from our house and she had seen me on her way home. She wanted some too! So I backed up to add her order. And as she was on speaker, the girl took the order and could hear Ashley's replies. Hard for me to explain but it was SO funny!

Anyway, this is a fab job. She's already making more than her older brother and that's just the training part!

Barb

OP Offline
Hey K!

Nurse said she didn't think she could handle it. It might have been nice if she said so BEFORE I paid to train her!

I interviewed the guy today and he is perfect. Reminded me of Brandon. Already knows Ryan from school. His education and training is superb! I HOPE it will work out. I have good vibes!

Going to a football game in Iowa with K (Cali Friend) and her sis and family from Buffalo. You know K. Can't wait to see her. We are watching her niece twirl baton at the game. Going to Pep Rally. Going to a spa, retail shopping stuff like that. I need to get my act together and pack.

I'm a busy girl!

Barb

K
K
Oh yesss K! Now I remember! Tell her I said Hi remember? lol
and ask her ex if its gonna rain soon LOL

Glad the nurse may work out! I sure hope so
Have a totally terrific perfect day time!

This Moment is your Life

K
K
Oh and today i was cleaning kitchen drawers ya know to get ready for MY new fridge! lol and I came across your buss. card! I said ahhhhhhhhhh Barbieeeeee look! lol nice to "see" you today \:\)

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
K: I have to ask her if she still speaks to him - LOL! They were on good terms when I was last there (when I saw you), but he stopped paying CS so that has caused some tension. But he did come here a year ago for his niece's Grad party (I was kinda shocked). That's the niece we're going to see in Iowa.

She just emailed me - no idea what to pack. I'm packing too. We always room together and we're just like the Bobbsey Twins. Drives her sis mad. Cuz we laugh over nuthin and everything!

Gotta get my clothes out of the dryer. Need to wrap some gifts too. It was all of their birthdays - K, sis, sis's H, and both nieces within the last month! Sheesh - who planned that?

Barb

OP Offline
PS: Karen, the photo on my business card was taken the last time I was in IOWA!!! It was taken at the Bridges of Madison County. I had professional photos done at all the bridges by a DB friend. I'm a big fan of the movie. Now I'd like to make a dollhouse replica of Francesca's house. In my spare time of course. I rescued a dollhouse a month ago that needs restoration and today I was told about a 10 room house that even has a turret that has been displayed at the library and needs some TLC. They're giving it to me! WOW - maybe I'll make the munchkin version of Trading Spaces.

Barb

L
L
Hey Barbie.

Totally off topic, but awhile back you talked about how you had to pay your H off in the divorce. I am doing the same thing. Re-financing the house, paying him a chunk, and (ugh) giving him part of my retirement. So he is walking away with a ton of cash, and I am walking away with a bigger mortgage, and smaller retirement. The money split IS fair, it just seems so unfair.

I was wondering if you felt the same way back then.

OP Offline
Hi lwb:

NO, it is me who is "off topic" - surviving the big D is the topic for sure.

YES - I really felt it was unfair. I had to pay him to leave me and run off with maggot. VERY UNFAIR!

Fast forward 3 years (from the divorce). I can honestly say it was the best investment I ever made. An investment in my personal happiness.

Divorce is probably the biggest financial loss for any of us. And it truly sucks when we didn't want it. But in the long run - it's a way of cutting your losses. Losses in personal happiness, satisfaction of life etc. Because who wants to be with someone who doesn't want to be with them.

I never thought I could be this happy. Every day that he is not here is a gift. Because I used to walk on eggshells all the time. When he walked through that door - I never knew what I was gonna get. A lot of the time he was just down, depressed. And I HATED that.

I live in a happy home. I still work. I can earn more to make up for what I lost. But my health and wellbeing are worth more than money. My spirit. My joy. They have returned.

In time you will feel this way too. It sucks but it's worth it.

Barb

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard