T
T
How are you doing, Briget?

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Trip,

Girl I'm doing good.Just enjoying life.I have been avoiding drama.My best friend is drama right now.She has been drinking a lot.So I have been avoiding her.She knows why.I know she is hurting right now.She broke up with her boyfriend.And she the type who believes she must have a man in her life to be happy.I know she is hurting right now.But she comes over drunk around my D14.And I can't have that.I plan on visiting her this weekend at her house to spend time with her.That way I'm still there for her.But she isn't bringing that around my family.

D22 is doing good.Still working.I don't know how long she will be able to do that.Her poor little feet are swelling up from standing on them all the time.Poor thing.

S18 is car shopping.I'm not to excited about it.But he does need a car.I'm one of those moms who get nervous when they get their first car.LOL

D14 is still moody.I find myself laughing at her.I don't recommend that.LOL That does not work.LOL

S20 is going to be a model.I never thought he would do this.But I gotta say he is a really good looking young man.And yes I checked it out and it is not a scam.They are paying him.

S23 is still living in NC.I miss him and wish they would just move home.But he is a grown up with a wife and all.I don't get a say in that.Booooooo Hoooooo

Work is work.Not much going on there.The managers are not getting along.So I just stay to myself.

I have a date this weekend.We haven't worked out when.I have to work this weekend.It's gonna be a meet up somewhere.I met him at work and don't know him well enough to have him pick me up at home.He is a really good looking man.Nice smile.

Well thats about it.Nothing to special going on yet.lol

I have tomorrow off.I'm enjoying a nice quiet night at home.I love that I don't have to get up tomorrow until I want to.

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
H
H
Hi Briget,

You sound so grounded. I admire that you will not allow crap around your daughter. You are a good mom.

I didn't know your son lived in NC. If you go up to NC to visit your son, you'll have to stop in SC and have lunch with me or something. From Jacksonville, you'd have to take I-95 and depending on where he is in NC, you'd either stay on 95 or veer off to I-26 and then 77 - if it's Charlotte. I'm not near I-95, but and smack dab in the middle of 77 and 26. You have my email address. Thank goodness we signed up before the ban.

You deserve a day off. I hope tomorrow's good.

R
R
Bridget - glad things are relatively drama-free! Have fun on your date....

Hey Brig,

Good for you! I hope you have a great time!

The kids all sound as if they're doing well. I'm sure that's a load off of your mind! You're a good Mom Brig and that's why they've turned out so good!

Love,
Bethie

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Happy,

Yup my son lives in Charlotte.He told me that they may come for Christmas.If he doesn't I'm going in the spring.I plan on taking the train.I once rode the train from here to Rhode Island.That was the best trip I have ever taken.I love riding trains.

Donna I will try to enjoy this date.He is really cute.He has the prettiest smile.His eyes crinkle when he smiles.

Beth I agree I have good kids.They sometimes make really huge mistakes.D22 running off and marrying that old f@cker.But she is facing that better than I would have.I think they turned out great just because they are great kids.I know for a while I wasn't a great mom.Thank God for family.But I'm on track now.When the bomb hit I fell apart.Putting the pieces back was a lot harder than I expected.

I'm so gonna enjoy my day off.I'm hitting the mall.I need new clothes.I haven't bought anything in a while.I might just buy myself a pair of boots.I broke the heel on my cowgirl boots.LOL Or I could give up trying to learn to line dance.LOL

And I'm gonna go look for a new job.(Again) I'm tired of the drama at work.

Tomorrow is going to be wonderful.I don't have to get up at five in the morning.

Later Friends
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
T
T
So, what clothes did you get? Tell!

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I bought a pair of black three inch closed toe patent leather pumps.I saw them in red to.But I went with the black.Now I can look like I'm five foot 2 and a half.LOL

I have nothing to wear with them.And I couldn't find anything I wanted either.I want a new leather jacket.But it's not in my budget right now.

Date went very well.We went and saw a local band.They played old school rock.They were very good.We went out last night.I had to be at work by six so we only stayed til 11:00.I was very tired all day.We had made plans to go to dinner tonight.But I canceled.I'm tired.And I forgot to take anything out for D14.(Yes I know she could feed herself.)And I didn't want to set a pattern where I spend all my free time with him.We really clicked.I want to take this very slow.This one has all the qualities I like in a man.

He has one kids.A boy 14.No baby momma drama.He has a job.He doesn't drink.He had his first beer in years last night.He got a little buzz from that.So he didn't have another one.Thats funny!!! But hey I know he isn't a drunk.LOL

He is two months younger than me.And he seems like he is really happy.And you should see his face light up when he talks about his son.Siggggggggh.(thanks figgy) I wish my ex felt that way about our kids.

We are going to go to dinner tomorrow.He said he couldn't sleep last night because he was thinking about me.

The other day we had talked on the phone.I used up my minutes on my phone.So yesterday he had gone into my work.I wasn't there.He handed my D22 a card with minutes for my phone since I used them up talking to him.She gave them to me.Now all my coworkers know he likes me.They thought that was sweet.I did to.

I feel nervouse cause I'm not used to nice guys.The last few have been well less than that.

I'm glad I have examples of good men here on the board.Speaking of good guys where is C2H?

Well thats it for now.I have to come up with dinner for the kids.

Later Friends
Briget

T
T
I am so happy you had a good time! That was very thoughtful of him to get the phone card to you. Did you wear the pumps last night?

B
Briget Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I didn't wear them last night because these are so special I just have to find the right outfit.I did see a black wrap dress in a jersey type material.However they didn't have one in my size.I'm short and this one was way to long on me.

I hate that.I couldn't have it shortened because it wouldn't look right.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard