Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
H
OP Offline
H
Hi Addie,

Yes, I do have hope. I know it doesn't look like it right now but I just can't see my life without him. I hope when the time comes for me to let go that I will know it & it won't be as hard.

((((HUGS))))

G
G
NLT hope you are doing ok! You will know when it's time to let go. Actually the thought of dating could be kind of fun.

This is now on your timing. What ever is right for you!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
T
T
Thinking of you. Have a nice and relaxing day. (((HUGS)))

H
OP Offline
H
Hi Glam & True,

Actually I hate the thougth of dating again. I just can't see myself doing that again. I guess I just still have that hope that H will come back.

I'm feeling better today & not so depressed as I was earlier. I'm going to lunch with a friend today, so that will be fun.

I hope you both have a good day!!!

((((HUGS)))

M
M
nlt:

I know so many people mean well but they somehow feel it would be in your best interest if they introduced you to this person or that person, etc.

I think this happens to many of us--we have friends saying maybe you should date, etc.

Honestly, you need to heal, give yourself some time. Dating is not going to make a person whole again.

I have no doubt that you, like many others, know in your heart what you want to do.

Gosh, dating would be the last thing on my mind if I were divorced.

I know of people whose spouses have died and within months, they marry someone else. I always wonder how they can do that.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
T
T
Hi nlt,
I am glad that you feel better today and that you are meeting friends. Hope you will have fun. Take care. (((HUGS)))

A
A
Nlt,
If you don't feel comfortable dating yet, then don't do it. I know that I wouldn't want to date so soon after a D. You really should heal from the D before you start to date.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." Lou Holtz
H
OP Offline
H
MWG, True, Addie,

Thanks so much for checking in on me!! I really appreciate it. I'm not ready to date & I appreciate your opinions on this, part of me was wondering if I should but honestly I'm not over my H.

I had fun with my friend at lunch today. She knew that H & I were S but didn't know for sure if we were D'd yet. She gets to go to lots of functions & told me next time she went she would give me a call. She also told me if I needed little handy things done that her H would be happy to help me. Small things like plumbing & stuff like that.

I'm still working on little things around here that H needed to do but didn't. I've got a storm window that looks like it has fallen a little, I told H about it a long time ago but he didn't do anything so I'm going to look at it & see if I can fix it. I think I might be able to. I guess I'll try it anyway.

You don't realize how much little things that need to be taken care of that H usually did when you own a house. In an apt. you can always call maintenance but not in a house!

I still miss H very badly, I hope he is thinking about me sometimes!

((((HUGS))) to all!

M
M
OH yeah, I know what you mean about those little things!!

Last week, I had to repair a part in the toilet (I had to take the lid off and attempt to repair some parts in it) and I got it to work somewhat. I told H about it and he found something better that fixed it.

I have learned some, not all, things and how to repair just by watching what he does.

The one thing I will never do is climb on the hot roof and repair the a/c unit. Yep, they are on our roofs out here.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
H
OP Offline
H
WOW! I'm impressed about the toilet!!! That is one thing that I don't think I could do. I did change a washer in my faucet, I actually impressed myself. My Dad did tell me what to do & supervised but he let me do it b/c I needed to learn.

I'm like you, I've watched my H do so many things & I've also had to help him do so many things, hold this, get me that, hand me this, anyway by watching I have learned a lot.

A/C on the roof, that is different! I haven't climbed up on the roof either & I hope I don't have to, well I did when H was around & I got up there with him a couple of times but I don't like heights. The one thing that he used to do is get up there & run something down a pipe & unstop the kitchen sink. Well, I have that thing he used but I don't believe I can do that & I for sure can't do it by myself, it took both of us, me turning on the water hose & him on the roof. Hopefully that won't have to be done for a while.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard