Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
FiatLux Offline OP
OP Offline
F
How does it work, Beth? Do you deep fat free the oreos? Almost sounds yummy but tell me more!

<Gabe pours crisco into his fryer and sets it to "crispy">

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
No Gabe,

You must be thinking of the state fair where they fry EVERYTHING from twinkies to snicker bars. YUK!

Oh alright, get out your paper and pen here is my TOP SECRET fried Oreo recipe.

5 lbs of lard(the yellow oily kind)
Bring up to 650 dgrees
8 Oreos
Coat Oreo cookies individually w/ Yellow cake batter.

Drop into lard until light golden brown
Take out and do it again about 6 more times.

Let cool
(on a rack to drain the fat because this is a healthy version)

Now go to your wallet and make sure that your medical card is easily accessed. This is important!

Once they're cool you'll need a mug of milk for dipping. Make sure you use a mug because they are the size of dinner plates once out of the fryer. There is a very good chance that they could get stuck in your esophagus. You may want to run the hose down your throat to clear it out.

Once that's done, call a neighbor to drive you to the hospital for your heart to be monitored.

It's all worth it though because this is a WINNER recipe and always a hit with the gang. MMMMMMM

F
FiatLux Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Okay, I'm back.

It took a while to work those Whoopie pies Bethie suggested thru my GI tract. Whoopie indeed! \:D

Been spending every other weekend w/out S9 (yep, he had a BDay, growing up likidy split) ripping out carpeting and laying laminate wood flooring room by room. After that, I'll tile the kitchen and foyer and I'll be 'done'. It was one of those pre-D goals that I still want to accomplish for me and S9. May not be living in this house long, as C and I get closer, but it still remains important. Like proof about part of my surviving the D.

X and I have had a lot of convos recently. She's been calling and we've had a few dinners with S9 recently. It still involves me listening to her worries or concerns and me voicing validations and bringing focus to our care and plans of S9, but she's voiced appreciation for my listening.

Its an interesting place to be. The less mature me would be flattered that I could be there for a woman - attractive, intelligent, etc... The current me can see in the moment that it is still one-sided, there's little to no nurturance/support of me, and I can see the impact of this self-focus on S9.

The current me can also see her more without threat, as a single mom struggling in today's tough economy, and perhaps growing and being shaped at her own pace. It feels much better to have less anger and resentment toward her. I'm still self-protective, but I feel more whole, more confident in my viewpoint.

In terms of S9, its as if he's grown to appreciate time and space away, where he can be a child, be doted on by a parent who seems to have it enough together that there's not a stream of worry about the future, etc...

Regardless, I have much to be thankful for. S9 can look over while playing soccer and see his parents sitting together peacefully, cheering and supporting him. He can share a meal with them, and have compliments and loving statements made about him.

Its not as good as it could have been, but it also could be much worse.

Looking forward to an evening with C tonight, then back to my flooring, interrupted occasionally by watching recorded games. Her three kids get baptized this weekend.

Hope y'all have a great weekend, too!

FL

Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
F
fig Offline
F
sounds liek youa reina good place

woot woot

Originally Posted By: fig
sounds liek youa reina good place

woot woot

WOW....I think fig has more in her cup besides the coffee!

Gabe,

Great to see you back and even better to see that life is treating you so well. S9 sounds great and you sure sound as if you're enjoying your time with him. Nothings better then that!

So you're still dealing with the floors that never end huh? Well I know that as long as your dealing with them in your spare time you can't get into too much trouble!

Have fun with C tonight and don't be such a stranger....we miss you!

Love,
Bethie

F
fig Offline
F
i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate editing

speak phonetically or something bethie!!!

I'm from Boston remember? I park the car in Harvard Yard!

Hooked on Phonics? Nope that wouldn't be me!

F
fig Offline
F
so you pahhhhhhhhhhhhk the cahhhhhhhhhhhh in hahhhhhhhvahhhhhhhhhd yahhhhhhhhhd

D
D
Greetings,

Nice to have a stable life; I would have no idea what that looks or feels like.

And I must say going to dinner and sitting with the x at events strikes me as odd, but then things of that nature do not occur in my very neutral dealings with the x.

F
FiatLux Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hey there Fig, Bethie, and Bruce,

Bethie, ah yes, the floors that never end... I'm close. I've passed the halfway mark with the laminate wood, then 2 more rooms to tile, then on to s/t else. I let my thoughts wander in a 'what if I lived here to a ripe old age' way the other day, and the view of my home after many creative projects was pretty neat. I'll have that with me wherever I go, as puttering and woodworking seem to be good pastimes for me.

Bruce, I wouldn't call my life stable, but it is getting more balanced. Some folks cringe when they realize what I'm actually juggling, but this version of multitasking works for me.

I'm looking forward to a my several days with S9 coming up.

FL

Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard